Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I predict a mass exodus of our bigger names amongst french contingent. I doubt he's popular in the dressing room and if Colo gets his move there's no captain to unite the team.

Be interested if Ben Arfa stays - he's indicated that he's happy to so long as the club shows ambition. A vague reference to competing in the top half won't be anywhere near the sort of ambition a player like him would expect. If he does go I just hope it's not to an English team, because it'd be gutting.

They said at least tenth - which if anything states that anything below will signal changes. Fact is when we did finish 5th - ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea they both went out and spent £60m on new players. Genius Ashley only spent when it looked like we were in trouble.

What ambition did they state when we finished 5th?

Just out of interest....

If I were Ben Arfa or Cabaye I'd be looking for a move like. They are too good to be at a team positioning themselves to be competing with the likes of Fulham, West Brom and West Ham. Unless we can convince them were wanting to challenge the European places I think they'd have every right to be looking to move to another club who are.

It's all too reminiscent of the position we were in the the mid eighties when the club let Waddle, Beardsley and Gazza go without much fight.

It's a fairly depressing state of affairs that when you get crowds that are only bettered by Manure and Arsenal, we are still vunerable to the likes of Liverpool & Spurs coming in and taking our best players. But those clubs have ambitions that we only showed with our previous owners. It's a shame they sold out to Ashley rather than waiting for someone who wanted to have a successful football team.

Last year was probably the best hope for a decade for kicking on. It was pissed up the wall and we'll be starting from scratch with a multi-fail manager.

In all honesty, despite the rhetoric of mediocrity, I think our target next year will be 42 points.

If I were Ben Arfa or Cabaye I'd be looking for a move like. They are too good to be at a team positioning themselves to be competing with the likes of Fulham, West Brom and West Ham. Unless we can convince them were wanting to challenge the European places I think they'd have every right to be looking to move to another club who are.

It's all too reminiscent of the position we were in the the mid eighties when the club let Waddle, Beardsley and Gazza go without much fight.

It's a fairly depressing state of affairs that when you get crowds that are only bettered by Manure and Arsenal, we are still vunerable to the likes of Liverpool & Spurs coming in and taking our best players. But those clubs have ambitions that we only showed with our previous owners. It's a shame they sold out to Ashley rather than waiting for someone who wanted to have a successful football team.

exactly.

That would have had us level with Stoke in 13th. Not at all far away from the top ten finish they are saying they're after (a win and a draw away in fact!).

An exceptional season with just 10 points between 17th and 8th. My point was that they really just want survival, anything else is a bonus.

An exceptional season with just 10 points between 17th and 8th. My point was that they really just want survival, anything else is a bonus.

Fair enough, I wouldn't argue with that. Winning is nothing more than a means of keeping the tv revenue rolling in to them so survival in the richest league in the world is all they need.

This has always been my question mark over the argument that we need to be run within our means.

To what end?

The books are balanced now, annually, but Ashley is taking out his money now (£11m last season, £18m this) in order to pay off the debt at this rate we need to be happy with this level of ambition for another decade until the club has no debt.......then what do we do?

Build up the debt to chase success?

No, we continue tweaking our team within our means rather than investing enough to actually push on.

Fans don't see any glory in a profit making business like Ashley* does.

*and Toonpack

That makes no sense HF, once the debt is paid off you move up a level in disposable income and, within the same model, become stronger.

On an optimistic note, if by some miracle we don't lose Coloccini and we replace Ba, we will be stronger than when we finished 5th. In this case, I don't see why Ben Arfa or Cabaye will force a move. Ben Arfa will let his contract run down anyway.

Edited by ChezGiven

That makes no sense HF, once the debt is paid off you move up a level in disposable income and, within the same model, become stronger.

On an optimistic note, if by some miracle we don't lose Coloccini and we replace Ba, we will be stronger than when we finished 5th. In this case, I don't see why Ben Arfa or Cabaye will force a move. Ben Arfa will let his contract run down anyway.

So your one optimistic note is relying on a miracle? Biggest admission of reality on here since Fop confessed he wanted a reacharound off Mancmag.

I didn't think we would buy Cissé but we did so us buying a striker to replace Ba is not beyond the realms of possibility. It's the Coloccini replacement that will be problematic since we won't buy anyone with the same level of experience for a start. Of the same ability is unlikely too but he's probably the most talented defender to have ever played for the club so its a tall order.

Being optimistic after last season is actually easier than you think, it can't get much worse.

Pards is claiming we have the best team outside the top six... shame we have a manager that can't utilise them properly isn't it :glare:

In the 2006–07 season, Pardew was criticised after seeing West Ham through their worst run of defeats in over 70 years which included an exit from the UEFA Cup to Palermo in the very first round and a League Cup defeat to Chesterfield. West Ham's new owners stated their support for Pardew, but on 11 December 2006, following a 4–0 defeat away at Bolton Wanderers the previous weekend, it was announced that Pardew had been sacked by West Ham. Sacked

Charlton's form very quickly deteriorated and they were near the foot of the table after 8 games without a win. After an inept display in a 5–2 home defeat to Sheffield United hundreds of supporters remained for more than an hour to condemn their manager, chanting, "We want Pardew out" and "We want our club back" after Charlton had slipped into the Championship's bottom three. 'Mutual consent'.

Several Southampton support staff based at the club's training ground resigned citing an inability to work with Pardew who was dismissed by the club, amidst reports of low staff morale and conflicts between Pardew and club chairman, Nicola Cortese. Sacked

This season, well we all know the crack and he's been retained. He must be pinching himself. But everyone loves a tale of redemption and maybe the faith shown in him (albeit actually a lack of ambition shown by the owner, let's hope Alan's ego won't allow himself to buy into that) might galvanise him to new efforts, new tactics, greater morale, improved confidence etc

I think it's 50/50 he'll be sacked come Christmas, but if there is any optimism then it lies in my hope that last season wasn't just an accidental tasty cocktail.

Edited by trophyshy

This has always been my question mark over the argument that we need to be run within our means.

To what end?

The books are balanced now, annually, but Ashley is taking out his money now (£11m last season, £18m this) in order to pay off the debt at this rate we need to be happy with this level of ambition for another decade until the club has no debt.......then what do we do?

Build up the debt to chase success?

No, we continue tweaking our team within our means rather than investing enough to actually push on.

Fans don't see any glory in a profit making business like Ashley* does.

*and Toonpack

Regarding the debt , Im sure I read on here (might even have been yourself) saying that by smoke and mirrors he has taken c.10m out in last year or so but this didnt reflect on debt decrease ?

Not lookung to trip anyone up etc and I dont follow the finances too closely etc but whats the latest on all this ?

In the 2006–07 season, Pardew was criticised after seeing West Ham through their worst run of defeats in over 70 years which included an exit from the UEFA Cup to Palermo in the very first round and a League Cup defeat to Chesterfield. West Ham's new owners stated their support for Pardew, but on 11 December 2006, following a 4–0 defeat away at Bolton Wanderers the previous weekend, it was announced that Pardew had been sacked by West Ham. Sacked

Charlton's form very quickly deteriorated and they were near the foot of the table after 8 games without a win. After an inept display in a 5–2 home defeat to Sheffield United hundreds of supporters remained for more than an hour to condemn their manager, chanting, "We want Pardew out" and "We want our club back" after Charlton had slipped into the Championship's bottom three. 'Mutual consent'.

Several Southampton support staff based at the club's training ground resigned citing an inability to work with Pardew who was dismissed by the club, amidst reports of low staff morale and conflicts between Pardew and club chairman, Nicola Cortese. Sacked

This season, well we all know the crack and he's been retained. He must be pinching himself. But everyone loves a tale of redemption and maybe the faith shown in him (albeit actually a lack of ambition shown by the owner, let's hope Alan's ego won't allow himself to buy into that) might galvanise him to new efforts, new tactics, greater morale, improved confidence etc

I think it's 50/50 he'll be sacked come Christmas, but if there is any optimism then it lies in my hope that last season wasn't just an accidental tasty cocktail.

Still finding it difficult to get my head around the fact Pardew was appointed given his past record. You keep getting the bad feeling it will blow up in our faces sooner or later, despite trying to convince yourself that with our current first team squad a repeat of 5th is more likely than 16th.

Pards is claiming we have the best team outside the top six...

"I have the the best squad outside top six, still I managed to end up 16th... I just signed a paper saying I'm incompetent..."

Regarding the debt , Im sure I read on here (might even have been yourself) saying that by smoke and mirrors he has taken c.10m out in last year or so but this didnt reflect on debt decrease ?

Not lookung to trip anyone up etc and I dont follow the finances too closely etc but whats the latest on all this ?

That's definitely not true. All cash transferred to Ashley from NUFC has corresponded exactly with a reduction in the loan balance. He hasn't drawn a salary, nor has he taken any dividends.

Still finding it difficult to get my head around the fact Pardew was appointed given his past record. You keep getting the bad feeling it will blow up in our faces sooner or later, despite trying to convince yourself that with our current first team squad a repeat of 5th is more likely than 16th.

It's already blown up in our faces, but the puppet master would prefer to continue with his Primark dummy in pieces and our complexions covered in Alan's innards.

Edited by trophyshy

Sigh, for some reason I still harbour the hope Pards can make it here. Think he's a more down to earth, generally more likeable fellow than most managers around these days. Just wish he was better than most of them tactically as well :glare:

Sigh, for some reason I still harbour the hope Pards can make it here. Think he's a more down to earth, generally more likeable fellow than most managers around these days. Just wish he was better than most of them tactically as well :glare:

If he can make it here he'll make it anywhere. It's up to him