Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think he's handled the situation really really well there.

Seriously what was he going to do?

No doubt he's been told he can take it like a man or scream like CT, either way bend over.

He seems to be acutely aware of what the deficiencies were last year. He acknowledges too often we were focused on not getting beat rather than beating the opposition, and hopefully this rhetoric translates into his actual tactics.

He couldn't have handled this whole Kinnear debacle better really, I'm very intrigued to see how Pardew sets this team up to start this next season.

Seriously what was he going to do?

No doubt he's been told he can take it like a man or scream like CT, either way bend over.

Well, what did Keegan do? That's the clue.

" I don't think it is a bad thing sometimes to have a season where things don't go well".

AP

Its like the time when some people were of the view that we'd be better off not qualifying for Europe, so the squad would be fresh and ready next time around to challenge for........Europe :lol:

Its like the time when some people were of the view that we'd be better off not qualifying for Europe, so the squad would be fresh and ready next time around to challenge for........Europe :lol:

What?

The view was we'd learn from the experience and go into another season of European football having learned from mistakes. And most importantly, having a squad.that could actually deal with the demands that time round. Last season it was a hindrance.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

What?

The view was we'd learn from the experience and go into another season of European football having learned from mistakes. And most importantly, having a squad.that could actually deal with the demands that time round. Last season it was a hindrance.

All of which again has to do with our top management. I just didnt get the idea of finishing outside of a European place only so we could challenge for the European place again next season. Had we strengthened the squad properly we would have done so again regardless of where we'd finished last time around.

Ran past the training ground today and could see and hear our Silver foxed General shouting out instructions although I couldn't make out what he said as I was a bit too far away and I couldn't stop running otherwise Id never start again. I could be wrong but I'm sure Pards was saying, "Mousse! Mousse! Hit it dahn the channel and run my old sahn!"

Pardew has been quoted effectively saying he's glad Tiote played so shit last season because it means no one bought him off us :lol:

If expect to hear that sort of shit from Blackpool trying to hang into Tom Ince, not one of the worlds top 20 clubs ffs

Edited by TheRollingStones

Pardew has been quoted effectively saying he's glad Tiote played so shit last season because it means no one bought him off us :lol:

If expect to hear that sort of shit from Blackpool trying to hang into Tom Ince, not one of the worlds top 20 clubs ffs

Its the new 'in thing' apparently that logic. Lets not qualify for Europe this year so the squad's in better shape for next time, lets have one of our players play shite so he doesnt get bought etc :scratchhead:

I remember when roeder (i think) was in charge at burnley he wouldn't play glen little in televised games in case someone saw how good he was :lol:

Minuscule club logic.

• 2 weeks later...

Today's Pardew Interview (Chrinicle)

Alan Pardew knew long before the last ball was kicked during Newcastle United's Premier League struggle in the 2012/13 campaign that changes had to be made.

And it is clear to the unique handful of observers here in Braga that this is a very different set-up from last term.

With fitness consultant Faye Downey – formerly of England’s rugby union backroom team – putting players through their paces and even more emphasis on conditioning and fitness statistics, Pardew hopes the changes he has enforced can change things for the better.

Pardew, sitting the plush reception area of the Melia hotel in peaceful Braga, has also altered his own outlook and admits he will spend even more time on the training field.

Last season there were times when he stood back and observed the mood of the players while his coaches put on sessions before then working towards a match day in a motivational sense.

Yet Pardew, who is in line to manage the 650th game of his career when United tackle Manchester City next month, feels a change can be as good as a rest.

Does his new role mean he will be more of a “tracksuit manager” from now on?

Pardew told the Chronicle during an extensive interview: “Yes.

“I have decided this year to do more work on the training ground myself.

“Me and John Carver are sharing it now.

“Stoney is focusing more on the development group, and making sure when they enter the first team that they are looked after.

“Our loan players too.

“Steve’s in charge of Adam, Sammy, Dummett, Jak and Haris and making sure when players come from development to the first team they are looked after.

“If we loan them out, we have to make sure they are being looked after as well.

“When they are not featuring for the first team, they need to be looked after.

“His role has changed a little bit.

“I think that will work well.”

United have worked hard in training in northern Portugal – arguably too hard, given that some players looked a bit leggy in the 3-1 loss to Rio Ave.

But whether it was a case of underestimating the Primeira League outfit or not, Pardew is happy with the shape of his team.

And he is confident that the changes made this summer can drive the team on to a season closer similar to two years ago, when the Magpies romped to fifth place.

He said: “We have had intelligence bought in with Faye Downey as a consultant, who is overseeing our work.

“We are more educated and we are growing as a team. My staff team is trying to make sure we get the absolute maximum out of every player.

“It will be much easier without the Europa League.

“We will have a week of preparation into each game more often than not.

“And we will be better like that.

“The pressure was on us last year and the criticism that came our way affected us.

“We can’t get away from that.

“Some of our players were running with a hand tied behind their back almost. Now that’s gone.

“We are freed up. You could sense that at Motherwell and that’s what we want to see more of.”

Pardew does not need to be told his side need to make a vast improvement from last year.

Yet for all the deep disappointment of last season’s 16th-place finish, he knows this is a different year, with different goals and different motives for his players.

Plenty of his players could be going to the World Cup with France, Holland and Argentina, for example. Pardew reflected: “I think when you are coming off the back of a disappointing season it’s different.

“When you are coming off the back of a good season, it’s not as if you switch off but . . . maybe the focus this year is a little bit stronger.

“This year we go in on the back of a disappointing season.

“Everybody wants to be in the best shape they can be at the end of this one because there is also a World Cup at the end of this year.

“That is sometimes why continuity is a good thing.

“This is my third pre-season and I know what these players can do.”

Again, I do think he's good at rambling to the media. Much better than jokeinear.

I do wish that they would stop saying that European Cup competitions are a hinderance. I'd rather we play to win a cup than just write them off every year, its getting embarrassing . (Although I reckon Pardew did very well with his 2nd string in that competition to be honest).

Cheers for posting that CT.

Christmas Tree, on 23 Jul 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

He said: “We have had intelligence bought in with Faye Downey as a consultant, who is overseeing our work.

Aye, righto Alan, you fucking fanny rat

image.jpg