Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Our squad is fucking woeful man. We play 3 cm's and only have 3 premier league quality ones at the club (May be harsh on Bigi but he's still youth, on his showings he could possibly be classed as prem level), we have one limited cover for right back so end up playing cb's there, we have no depth up top, Eliot is quite a drop off from Krul, little depth on the flanks.

Cb is probably our strongest position as you could say we have 4 prem level players there. We have had the strongest 1st 11 for a decade when Cabaye was about but now I'm not so sure. We constantly let the lads that give us depth go like Perch, Best and Routledge and barely bother replacing. Ashley is completely at fault for all of it, as any blame that can be leveled at any below him (like kinnear) can also apply to him as he appoints them.

Below par, due the sack.

The sad truth. I know he's not been backed and has been thoroughly undermined, but he made his bed as far as that goes and needs to lie in it. He hasn't been good enough this season. Probably should've gone at the end of last after the 0-6 to Liverpool; certainly after the 0-3 and 0-4 home defeats this season. He looks completely out of ideas and desperate.

Obviously he won't go as Ashley doesn't want to pay him off (or to have to deal with someone who might not be a complete crony like Pardew is.) But there's no question that Pardew has taken the club as far as he can and we'll need someone better in if we're to improve.

The sad truth. I know he's not been backed and has been thoroughly undermined, but he made his bed as far as that goes and needs to lie in it. He hasn't been good enough this season. Probably should've gone at the end of last after the 0-6 to Liverpool; certainly after the 0-3 and 0-4 home defeats this season. He looks completely out of ideas and desperate.

Obviously he won't go as Ashley doesn't want to pay him off (or to have to deal with someone who might not be a complete crony like Pardew is.) But there's no question that Pardew has taken the club as far as he can and we'll need someone better in if we're to improve.

Really? I'm not sure. I would like to see a season where he actually got the backing of the owner and told to go for the Europa spot/cup success. I honestly believe he manages on a leash and it's not possible to see how far he can take us, until that leash is removed.

I don't think he's great, but given the circumstances, he's still managed a top 5 spot and looks to have secured a top half finish this term too. There's little point in Newcastle United employing a promising manager when the limits are; Top half finish, No cup, Avoid Europe.

Basically Ashley wants 6th-8th position, but doesn't really mind anywhere between there and 17th, because it'll only cost him £20m or so to get it next season

Really? I'm not sure. I would like to see a season where he actually got the backing of the owner and told to go for the Europa spot/cup success. I honestly believe he manages on a leash and it's not possible to see how far he can take us, until that leash is removed.

I don't think he's great, but given the circumstances, he's still managed a top 5 spot and looks to have secured a top half finish this term too. There's little point in Newcastle United employing a promising manager when the limits are; Top half finish, No cup, Avoid Europe.

Basically Ashley wants 6th-8th position, but doesn't really mind anywhere between there and 17th, because it'll only cost him £20m or so to get it next season

Amongst all the despair i cannot agree more with the first paragraph

Edited by desmondTUTU

Sadly it seems like all Ashley wants is someone slightly better a manager than himself, and first and foremost the yes-man part must always be priority numero uno. Meulensteen, Laudrup forget about it, too ambitious for Ashley.

Edited by Aeris

Well said.

It boils my piss people giving Pardew the benefit of the doubt because Ashley is a cunt. They're both caths but only one is in charge of tactics, motivation, selections, substitutions AND being the voice of the club. He's a phoney and a shill and a limited manager at best.

Maybe we'll never get anyone better under Ashley but that is no reason to let him off the hook. We can and should demand more, even if we never receive it, if the fans lose ambition as well it's Game Over, you might as well pack it in altogether.

Edited by trophyshy

It boils my piss people giving Pardew the benefit of the doubt because Ashley is a cunt. They're both caths but only one is in charge of tactics, motivation, selections, substitutions AND being the voice of the club. He's a phoney and a shill and a limited manager at best.

Maybe we'll never get anyone better under Ashley but that is no reason to let him off the hook. We can and should demand more, even if we never receive it, if the fans lose ambition as well it's Game Over, you might as well pack it in altogether.

This.

Alan Pardew is the man who wouldn't pick Tevez cos he got in the way of hoofball. He has been mediocre to shit wherever he has been. Our 5th place season was a culmination of a lot of factors including Cisse bursting onto the scene. He will never get near that again.

In terms of where I am with the players I have made it clear to them what their responsibility is to the fans and the city.

And that needs to be reflected in the next game.

Thats the only thing we can do.

Imparting responsibility is a tactic which transcends actual tactics.

Edited by trophyshy

So having said that, where do you stand on some sort of boycott?.... is 5-10k of us not bothering for the rest of the season basically "packing it in"?

So having said that, where do you stand on some sort of boycott?.... is 5-10k of us not bothering for the rest of the season basically "packing it in"?

No I think boycourtting is the opposite of packing it all in. Removing your support is, in this case, the only way of showing it. By acquiescing to Ashley's lowering of standards and accepting sub-mediocrity you have packed it in. You're settling for a fat bird when you know you can still pull a stunner if you'd only go to the gym and brush your teeth now and then.

This is the crucial point here; this is actually happening to a fairly large degree and to get it back, it needs Pardew to go far away.

Staying away will hurt him more plus its less hassle .

Yes, the more who stay away the more it will hurt him. I'd like to see an empty ground tbh, and think it would take direct action to achieve it.

I can hear people saying "by staying away it shows negativity towards a potential buyer". My answer to that would be bollocks it would show there is a loyal and passionate fanbase who want what's best for the club. Anyone buying the club I would imagine will have done their homework regarding the club under the current owner.

I don't think he's much cop, however I cannot blithely ignore context.

Even the subjugated cow has the right to hope for a gentler milking.

Right now Ashley has the man that can achieve his minimal requirements. Calling for Pardew's head is implicitly stating that it's Pardew that's holding us back.

In your analogy, we'd be swapping Hulk Hogan yanking on our teets, for Andre the Giant. Doesn't matter who's doing the violent milking, because Ashley is lifting up our collective tail and dry fucking us into the abbatoir.