Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He might sit in the Strawberry car park watching the match on a dodgy stream on his laptop trying to shout instructions over the Gallowgate roof.

Edited by trooper

I'd like to see the club bring in celebrity or regular punter 'managers' to sit in his spot in the interim.

Robbie Savage: "But Pardew’s habit of losing his rag seems to be infectious, because some of his staff have also been involved in spats they probably regret now.

"His assistant John Carver was sent to the stands at Wigan last year for his reaction to Callum McManaman’s horrible tackle on Massadio Haidara.

"Goalkeeping coach Andy Woodman was sent from the dugout three months ago for his part in a free-for-all between the two benches in Newcastle’s 1-1 draw with Southampton.

"And reserve coach Willie Donachie resigned last month after an allegation he had hit one of his own players. So, there is a culture of poor conduct at Newcastle – and it should have been nipped in the bud by now.

"The club ­obviously rate Pardew very highly. In most other workplaces, any manager or senior executive who dispenses summary justice with a ­headbutt would be fired on the spot, but Newcastle felt a £100,000 fine and formal warning was sufficient."

I've seen people throw punches in the office and not get sacked so I disagree there, however, despite the over-egging on MOTD and 606, he's absolutely spot on about the culture of the club.

You pay peanuts....

I've seen people throw punches in the office and not get sacked so I disagree there, however, despite the over-egging on MOTD and 606, he's absolutely spot on about the culture of the club.

You pay peanuts....

What does Savage know about workplaces that aren't football

It's either going to be worse than the papers are saying, or not as bad. The FA tend to make a point of acting in a totally contradictory fashion to the public clamouring, probably in an attempt to assert some authority, knowing no one can do anything about it. And then not explaining the decision in any way. 4 or 5 games or 15, I think.