Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's rumblings of a walk out v Cardiff over on NO talking about singing for 5 or 10 minutes. Then around about the 60 minute mark walk out the ground. Not sure if it'll happen but it's a start I suppose. Apparently its getting shared around on twitter ( tweeted) .

Not that I remember. Interested to see any NUFC.com reports that say he did. They're usually canny good at logging owt like that.

From.com

Some observations on the events immediately following the final whistle on Saturday, both inside and outside SJP:

The final whistle saw anti-Souness chants appearing to come from all four sides of the ground, with the players leaving the field to a chorus of boos - total duration, around 90 seconds.

From.com

Some observations on the events immediately following the final whistle on Saturday, both inside and outside SJP:

The final whistle saw anti-Souness chants appearing to come from all four sides of the ground, with the players leaving the field to a chorus of boos - total duration, around 90 seconds.

Cheers. I remember the small protest outside reception but not any of the chants in the ground.

Can you remember what they were?

"You don't know what you're doing" and that?

Cheers. I remember the small protest outside reception but not any of the chants in the ground.

Can you remember what they were?

"You don't know what you're doing" and that?

No idea. Their report goes on to say....

"Previous to that there had been no anti -Souness chants discernible from home areas during the game. The visiting fans came out with a fair few (eg Taxi for Souness), one or two of which were lightly applauded by home fans in some quarters.

As for criticism of the team during the game, some booing of the departing Luque gave way to a cheer for the arriving O'Brien.

Unlike the previous Villa and Boro games when we conceded goals there wasn't a massive reaction from home fans, either audibly or in terms of a mass departure.

A number of (predominantly younger) fans then gathered outside the reception area of the Milburn Stand after the match, airing Souness Out chants and also random references to Shepherd, Robson and Keegan.

Mounted police (who were already on duty at the ground) were used to shepherd fans away and press reports put the total number of fans involved at anything from 200 to 400. So around 49,600 Newcastle fans chose not to exercise their right to protest in this way.

However a number of news sources carried some misleading images of what went on:

SkySportsNews ran footage of a far greater number of fans taking up the Souness Out chants - but these were fans exiting the ground down the slope past Milburn Reception and not necessarily lingering in that area to register further protests.

And it's also worth noting just how many of these protestors became ever-more agitated when the lens of the Sky cameras were trained on them. Perhaps the song should have been "pogo if you're being used as a prop".

The News of the World also tried to bend the truth, publishing a photo of a bed sheet with a Souness Out slogan with a caption suggesting this was part of the after-match protest.

However closer inspection of the image clearly shows grey, numbered, tip up seats alongside the banner - confirming that the photo was actually taken inside the stadium, of someone who had "gone equipped" to make their protest.

(various people have emailed us to say that this banner was unfurled at the bottom of the Gallowgate End on the final whistle - where it was snapped by one press photographer. It subsequently re-emerged at the prompting of other photographers who had made their way to that part of the ground).

From our perspective this was certainly the most public display of disaffection inside and outside the ground in recent years, but one which has been exaggerated by reporters for their own ends".

Does no fucker pay attention :lol:

(Don't answer that)

I'd be delighted if we got a better manager in. All I'm doing is pointing out why the match day crowd arnt screaming for his head.

They know he got us 5th and had us 6 points off the title as recently as December. They also know the players carry most of the blame as well.

The time a sacking would have really helped was over a year ago when I warned exactly what would happen with Cisse, Cabaye and Shane.

"6 points off the title in december". You sir, are a grade A turkey. Edited by JaMoUsE

Missing top ten target would put Alan Pardew under pressure

Alan Pardew is set for an uncomfortable end-of-season inquest with owner Mike Ashley if the club dip below the top-10 target that was handed to him as a minimum requirement of this campaign.

Pardew, who believes his relationship with Ashley was strengthened by his the owner’s support during his touchline ban, has privately talked of his confidence that a summer recruitment drive will give him fresh impetus for next season, but it is understood that his role is coming under increased scrutiny as Newcastle’s end-of-season form shows no signs of improving.

Falling below the top-10 target – which would see the club miss out on their scheduled bonus – would leave him vulnerable and facing questions from Ashley, who has held a series of meetings about possible summer recruits with the manager and other key officials in recent weeks.

The Newcastle owner has not given any indication to the manager that his job is under threat, but Pardew was carpeted earlier in the season for comments made in a Sky interview – and he admitted after the Swansea loss that failing to finish in the top 10 would be “damaging” for the club.

One thing is for certain – it will be a matter of urgency for Pardew and his coaching staff to tick that box as he heads into a huge summer.

However, the United manager knows he is up against it with Papiss Cisse confirmed as out for the rest of the season with a knee injury and Loic Remy’s participation in the run-in also in doubt. Pardew has already hinted that his French internationals are reluctant to risk injury with the World Cup in Brazil so close, but that is no help to the manager and hardly placates supporters concerned about a lack of fight within the group.

Pardew’s hope is that he can achieve a top-10 finish and get to an important summer in which he hopes to bring in younger, hungrier players while selling Hatem Ben Arfa, who has become a thorn in the manager’s side.

Ben Arfa’s stock declined after he failed to respond to the club’s attempts to hand him a new contract in the summer, but there was still a hope among the hierarchy that he could reach the heights of previous seasons. A lack of trust between the player and manager has undermined any of those hopes.

Pardew had a heated row with the player after the Manchester United match but does not want to rule Ben Arfa out of the run-in, partly because he wants to protect the French winger’s value in the summer window.

Ben Arfa is currently back in France nursing an injury but appears to have little future at St James’ Park. It is not just Pardew who harbours concerns about his attitude and condition.

Pardew is understood to be concerned at a lack of leadership in the squad and had proposed a contract extension for Shola Ameobi, with the possibility of the striker being given a coaching role.

However, that is understood to have been knocked back, with Newcastle’s hierarchy preferring to refresh the squad in the summer and bring in new talent.

That means that even though he is set for an extended run in the team Ameobi’s goal at St James’ Park on Saturday may well be his last in a black-and-white shirt.

“It doesn’t mean anything. Ultimately, and this is the way I’ve always seen it, it’s about winning games,” he said after his strike at the weekend.

“I don’t care who scores, really. I’ve always been like that, which is probably to my detriment. It’s about winning games. That’s where I get ultimate satisfaction – knowing I’ve helped the team. Unfortunately that hasn’t happened.”

After the game, Mathieu Debuchy admitted that losing five times in a row was “unacceptable” for Newcastle.

Champions League-chasing Arsenal are a daunting challenge next Monday for a team that have not won on their travels since a 4-1 win over Hull.

“I have never known five defeats in a row,” the defender admitted on Saturday.

:jesuswept:

Edited by Sonatine

“They weren’t bad people. They let me eat, they let me sleep, they gave me my life”

— A hostage from Flight 847

‘Stockholm Syndrome’ is a condition whereby a victim begins to empathise with the person abusing them, Wikipedia says victims sometimes get “to the point of defending and identifying with them.”

It goes on to say, “These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness. Identifying with the aggressor is one way that the ego defends itself. When a victim believes the same values as the aggressor, they cease to be a threat. Roughly 8% of victims show evidence of Stockholm syndrome.”

Reading the views of a minority of Newcastle fans on The Mag, Twitter, forums and so on, I am convinced that the only people that remain defending Alan Pardew are textbook examples of Stockholm Syndrome. Newcastle United’s 8%.

Pardew has provided Newcastle fans with their heaviest home defeat in 87 years, the worst run of defeats in Newcastle’s Premier League history, consecutive 3 nil embarrassments at the feet of the Mackems, three, four and five goal defeats to Hull, Man U, Spurs, Everton (twice), Southampton, Swansea, Chelsea and Man City.

Supporters defending that can only be doing so in the mistaken, psychologically induced state of mind whereby handing Swansea their first away win in 13 attempts, by just one injury time goal on Saturday, has come as some sort of twisted relief from the truly horrific batterings, which they pathetically want to show appreciation to their captor for.

Like a beaten puppy cowering in a dank corner afraid to make eye contact with any human, preferring to starve rather than even ask for food, in case they take another kicking.

The stream of statistics has been never ending. Here’s another though. Pardew has managed to get his team failing to score in almost three quarters of games (71%) No one else in English league football has a record so bad. If you buy a ticket for 4 Newcastle games (What will that cost? At least £120+) you’re likely to see them score just once. You might think some other truly awful club will be running us close on that recent record, but no, they aren’t.

Stockholm.jpg

The next closest is Wycombe Wanderers but they’ve been scoring just shy of a goal every 2 games. I’m sure the tickets are cheaper there as well.

This is utterly lamentable stuff.

His defenders have one argument. It’s all down to Mike Ashley. Accepting the argument that Pardew is a victim too, lets him off lightly. It puts him in the same boat as the rest of us fans.

Although he dedicates what wins we do achieve to Mike Ashley, although he blames the fans and press, while we legitimately ridicule his tactics, his motivational skills and his organisational ability, although he has full control of the team of proven quality players and the power to make changes while we have no power but to sit mute on the sidelines, being scolded by media pundits whenever we choose to even express dissatisfaction.

The notion that wider forces acting on the aggressor have forced them into their own hopeless predicament and pushed them to act against their own victim, is classic Stockholm. Of course, it’s not justifiable. Pardew has his own choices and must live with the consequences of his choices. If he wants to work in such a high profile role under Ashley’s conditions, he has to show himself capable of doing so. As long as we, as his victims, meekly accept whatever disgraceful excuse for performances he throws at us, then we fully deserve everything we do get.

Note: I have no mental health qualifications. If you believe you are suffering from the condition or have any questions on the validity of my analogy, please take that up with your local National Health Service professionals.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/failed-score/

Good article again HF the thing is will there ever be any meaningful backlash from the match goers. This season we've had a small protest march, one or two banners, a magical misery tour, and a bit of sporadic shouting in the ground. We are consistently getting hidings week in week out, the fun has to have gone out the match day now. The patience of the match goers has been tested to the limit the telling point for me was Saturday's match against Swansea. There was a quick shout when Shola scored then the crowd fell silent almost resigned for what was about to come. I remember going to the match the atmosphere used to be electric it's obviously a very different St James Park now were the atmosphere seem's like a public library.

Good article again HF the thing is will there ever be any meaningful backlash from the match goers. This season we've had a small protest march, one or two banners, a magical misery tour, and a bit of sporadic shouting in the ground. We are consistently getting hidings week in week out, the fun has to have gone out the match day now. The patience of the match goers has been tested to the limit the telling point for me was Saturday's match against Swansea. There was a quick shout when Shola scored then the crowd fell silent almost resigned for what was about to come. I remember going to the match the atmosphere used to be electric it's obviously a very different St James Park now were the atmosphere seem's like a public library.

It's been like a library for years man!

Again a good article but I've a question about the stats:

If you buy a ticket for 4 Newcastle games (What will that cost? At least £120+) you’re likely to see them score just once. You might think some other truly awful club will be running us close on that recent record, but no, they aren’t.

The next closest is Wycombe Wanderers but they’ve been scoring just shy of a goal every 2 games.

These claims don't necessarily relate to the table that you've included. The table states the percentage of games that haven't been scored in. Your claims work on an assumption that when we/Wycombe have scored that it's only been one goal a game, ruling out the possibility that they/we got three or four in a single game.

The stats may we be true but I'm just pointing out that they can't be taken from the table provided.