Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Howay,

Frustrating when you read knackers from the likes of Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea telling us what we should find acceptable. The same fuckers howl to the moon if the slightest thing goes against them or their managers go two games without winning. Fuck 'em. These are the types I'd never tire of rubbing their noses in it if we hit the jackpot.

There was a bloke from some Manure supports group on SSN the other day after they sacked Moyes and they asked who they would like as a replacement. His response was "we're Man Utd, we deserve the very best manager possible". How they can come up with shit like that and then claim that we have ideas above our station is a mystery to me.

Luke Edwards has done a very nice article in the Telegraph summing up the point we expect nothing other than to try and compete.

Howay,

Frustrating when you read knackers from the likes of Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea telling us what we should find acceptable. The same fuckers howl to the moon if the slightest thing goes against them or their managers go two games without winning. Fuck 'em. These are the types I'd never tire of rubbing their noses in it if we hit the jackpot.

We're "subject du jour" on talkshite this afternoon and a Leicester City fan says we should be happy where we are. A couple of our lot phoned up and talked some good sense and some utter bollocks too. One didnt mention Ashley :jesuswept:

Newcastle United fans have rarely been so depressed and sacking Alan Pardew is easiest option to placate them Alan Pardew may yet cling onto his job, but you will be hard pushed to find a supporter who thinks that should happen
Pardew_2895700b.jpg
Teetering on the edge: Alan Pardew has a battle on his hands to keep hold of his job Photo: REUTERS

After six successive defeats, after six moribund performances, emotions are running high at Newcastle United and understandably so.

This is a dreadful and embarrassing run. It is a stain on the character and professionalism of the players. It is a consequence of a club that lacks ambition, but will it end up costing Alan Pardew his job as manager?

I will weigh up that question shortly, but first let’s get the emotional side of things out of the way. To cover Newcastle United properly you have to understand the way the football club interacts with the city and the region before any objective analysis as to whether Pardew deserves to lose his job can take place.

Newcastle United is a remarkable club for one reason. The loyalty and passion of its fans. That is not the wild boast of a Geordie. I’m not a Newcastle fan and I never will be, but I have lived here far longer than I lived in the East End of London and I like to think I understand the city and its football club.

This is a club that has not won a major trophy since 1969, a club that has not won the league title since 1927, yet it is a club that has had the third highest average attendance in the country.

Newcastle fans do not support their team because it is successful, they do not expect to win things. Contrary to what you may have heard, expectations are not too high on Tyneside.

They may believe the club has the potential to compete in the Champions League – it has done several times before – but they do not expect to be there. They may want to reach cup finals and play in Europe, but why shouldn’t a club that won the FA Cup three times in the 1950s and finished in the top six several times over the course of the last 20 years aspire to repeat these things?

The only thing Newcastle fans really expect is a team that plays like it cares as much about the club as they do. What they deserve, is a team that has a go, that goes into the game on the front foot, a team that tries to win every game, not one that merely tries to avoid defeat.

They want entertainment, they want to go to matches hoping they will win the game no matter who the opposition are. They want a team they can be proud of.

It would be wrong to say Newcastle fans care more than others do, but there are not many cities, if any in Britain, that care more about what is happening at the football club that represents it.

Newcastle-upon-Tyne is a supremely confident city. It does not worry about what people in London, Leeds or Manchester think about it, it does not mimic or strive to be something it is not. It is a distinct and proud city in a proud region. The football club is the most obvious means to express that pride.

It is the same 12 miles away in Sunderland. People leave the North East for economic and other reasons, but I bet if you know someone who has, they still support their old local football team.

That is what football means to people in the North East and it is why Newcastle’s lack of ambition causes such outrage and it is why Pardew is standing on the edge of a precipice. The question is, will Mike Ashley – he makes the big decisions not new managing director Lee Charnley – shove him off it?

Newcastle fans do not have any pride in their team at the moment. They have been putting up with woeful performances and results since Christmas.

They know Ashley is ultimately to blame because he has failed to sanction a permanent signing since January 2013 and seems happy just to stay in the Premier League, but they are sick of cutting Pardew slack because of it.

This is not just about losing six games on the trot. This is not a team suffering a blip, this is a team that has suffered a catastrophic loss of motivation.

There seems to be a sense of bewilderment, nationally, that fans should be calling for Pardew to be sacked when the club sit ninth in the table and have been in the top 10 – the objective set by the board last August – since October, but this is not a one off. This happened at the end of last season too and the club were almost relegated as a result.

Newcastle have lost 14 of their last 19 games in all competitions. They have also failed to score in 13 of those. Whatever the players are being told, they no longer seem to be listening. They are a weaker side without Yohan Cabaye, no doubt, but they are still nowhere near as bad as their form has been.

Newcastle’s players stunned a national audience on Monday night with their lack of organisation, creativity and determination against an Arsenal side that never got out of third gear.

The truly damning thing is Newcastle’s followers expected that to happen. They have been suffering performances like that for four months.

Pardew is not solely to blame for Newcastle’s malaise. He is a good manager, but so too is David Moyes and he lasted less than a year at Manchester United.

Pardew no longer seems able to inspire his players. He has always managed Newcastle with one hand tied behind his back, but he has been happy to defend the regime and the way they do things. That might keep him his job, despite the animosity towards him on Tyneside.

Ashley is not daft. He will recognise the risk of falling crowds next season if things do not change. Unfortunately for Pardew, the easiest thing to change at the end of the season is the manager.

That will not heal all of Newcastle’s ills, but it will appease fans who have fallen out of love with those who represent them in black and white stripes.

Pardew is a convenient scapegoat and regardless of whether Newcastle beat Cardiff on Saturday to all but secure a top 10 finish, he is in danger of the sack.

He deserves sympathy, but he has rebuilt his reputation at Newcastle and he will get another job on the back of it.

He may yet cling on. Ashley may reward him for defending the regime by offering him a final opportunity to turn things around at the start of next season following a summer recruitment drive.

But you will be hard pushed to find a supporter who thinks that should happen. Rarely have Newcastle fans been so depressed watching their football team and that is the saddest thing I’ve ever had to write about them.

Good read.

"That will not heal all of Newcastle’s ills, but it will appease fans...."

Disagree with this bit and not sure about Pardew deserving sympathy.....

By rights there should be 50,000+ in that stadium win, lose, or draw shouting their discontent at the state of the club. After all it is a Football club not a fucking free advertising platform for a tacky sportswear company. When your sat in the stadium on Saturday many of you saying goodbye to people you've sat beside for years because you've had enough. Just remember who brought you to this decision let them know how you feel, if your not going back what can they do ?. If you are going back it might just make you feel a bit better apathy may rule in the stadium but it doesn't mean it's right. They may not listen but at least you'll have had your say instead of letting them ruin the club and saying nothing.

Remember it's St James Park home of Newcastle UNITED Football Club. It's not the home of Sports Fuckin' Direct.

To a degree some of these people are right - why sack Pardew? We all know he's just the symptom of a bigger problem, namely Mike Ashley. Regardless of whether Pardew is sacked or not it's still going to be the same old shite sooner or later, NUFC winning anything means absolutely nothing to the owner so every game or action pertaining to it is just going through the motions. What's the point anymore of watching a team who aren't actively trying to win anything? What's the point of watching a team who's sole aim is to stay within the Premiership? People going to the ground aren't getting anything to crow about, just a bunch of blokes on the pitch who probably care as little for the club, their performance or the fans as the chump of a puppet 'manager' or the owner who's paying them for being also-rans. As long as Mike Ashley gets the TV money from the league, the free advertising for his wanky sportswear empire and the profit from any player sales he's not going to fuck off so all in all Newcastle United has become a pointless club to support. These cunts from other clubs saying Newcastle is where they should be in the league are partially right in that we can never aspire to anything than what we have now with the current owner, they can fuck off if they think we'll be grateful for that though! I've tasted better things with this club, as have many of you, I feel sorry for the youngsters growing up with this shit now though because they'll never know any different. Personally I feel like the club is a shell of it's former self, it's void of any reason to exist other than be a vehicle for Sports Direct - a football club shouldn't be a business, it should be a dream of the fans, a vessel of hope towards something that a group of people can get behind, if it's stripped down to it's bare roots it's eleven or so men put forward to represent the desire of people from an area or organisation, to win a competition on behalf of those people... Newcastle United is as far from that ideal now as it possibly could be. Mike Ashley has done this.

If you have cancer you stop smoking.

You'll still have cancer but at least you're doing something.

You don't keep smoking until the cancer is cured.

I suppose so, though in a football club doesn't that just paper of the cracks?

Howay,

Spot on, they moan if they go 5 year without a cup and have the nerve to attack us. Tossers.

@@The Fish

Who wrote that piece?

It's the Luke Edwards piece that DK was talking about.

Decent article Fish, but he can fuck off with "Pardew deserves sympathy".

He's deserves fuck all- he knew what he was getting into when he ousted Hughton.

I have a little sympathy for him. Don't get me wrong I think he's a limited manager, but I think his limitations are being laid bare by Ashley's stewardship.

I'm not sure he knew the extent of the restrictions he'd be operating under, he certainly seems like a man who knows that with each day comes another beating. He seems beset on all sides.

I'd have more sympathy if he'd just do the honourable thing and resign, but I'm not sure if many would in his position.

put it this way, NUFC is the fittest girl he'll ever pull and Ashley is the girl's dad who permits the courtship as long as he doesn't get past a jumper fumble and the occasional nosh. We're the girl's friends, telling her she could do better. He could probably get further with a less attractive girl, but he's not going to be the one that ends it, is he?

Still makes him a toadying weasel who should have some self respect, but at least I can understand him.

Ashley will be forever the one I want to be torn apart by feral cats

I don't think changing the manager will be easy tbh

who in their right mind who is any better than Pardew will want anything to do with ashley with the wages he'll offer and our transfer plan/kitty

Pardew has lost the players and fans now. We don't need to get Mourinho or Ancellotti to improve on what we have now. More than anything else we just need a change. Whatever his message is, it's not getting through to the players any more.

Personally I think there will be quite a few better managers than Pardew out there who would work under Ashley (lets face it Cardiff weren't short of candidates and they're are a much smaller club than us with an absolute lunctic in charge of them) for a chance at such a high profile job.