Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can't see us beating Stoke away tbh. Worst thing is that he'll sack him on a Tuesday and I'll not be able to get rat-arsed in celebration. He could have warned us last week then I could have put the holidays in

:lol:

Get a banner made dictating your terms.

However, Ashley, through a lawyer, later claimed he was joking in the light of recent newspapers reports claiming that Pardew was close to the sack.

And Pardew, speaking today, said he was not concerned by Ashleys comments.

Sometimes things are taken out of context, said Pardew.

If it was a sit down interview done in a serious manner, Id be a lot more concerned than I am today, thats for sure.

Pardew added: Ive not seen to him, Ive spoken to him this week.

Hes obviously ve keen for us to get victories, thats what hes about. Thats what were about winning.

Ive been made aware of his comments in the paper, Ive been under pressure at this club for a number of weeks now.

All I can focus on now is the team and thats what Ill do.

Hes obviously ve keen for us to get victories, thats what hes about. Thats what were about winning.

FUUUUCCCCCKKKK THHHEEEE FUUUCCCCKKKK OFFFFFFF YOOOOUUUU PPPAAAIIIRRR OOFFFFF CCCUUUUUNNNTNTTTTSSSSSS!!1! 1!! !!!! :mad: :mad:

Alan Pardew;

“Always tough, always tough to go there (Stoke). We got beat there last year, it was a tough day for us and we are looking for a better showing.

“I think for anything in your life you have to be focused on what is the goal, and there is a simple goal for us, this Monday night, and we really want to get a win.

“I think we put the spirit on the pitch on Wednesday, down to ten men in extra time and to get a winner, showed we are fighting.

“Stoke have some really good players and they had a great run towards back end of last year. I think they carry players who have the experience to deal with pressure.”

Life as Newcastle United’s manager has forced Alan Pardew to become highly adept at putting a brave face on things.

This knack enabled him to shrug off comments from Mike Ashley suggesting he would be sacked were Newcastle to lose at Stoke City on Monday night. Although Ashley’s lawyers swiftly dismissed the owner’s “revelations” as “tongue in cheek” the episode would have provoked a bout of extreme paranoia in many managers.

“Sometimes things are taken out of context,” Pardew said after learning of Ashley’s late-night conversation with a national newspaper reporter following a chance meeting outside a central London pub. “I think Mike was trying to be supportive – in his own kind of way.”

Not that Newcastle’s manager is in denial. Indeed, as club officials reiterated claims that the retail magnate had merely been “joking”, Pardew remained brutally realistic about the precarious nature of his position at St James’ Park.

“I’ve not seen or spoken to Mike this week,” said Pardew as he prepared to take his bottom-placed side to Stoke, where they will seek their first Premier League win of the season. “But he’s obviously very keen for us to get victories – that’s what he’s about, winning.

“I’m carrying some scars and I’ve been under pressure at this club for a number of weeks now but all I can focus on now is the team. The focus for me really can only be on Monday night. We’re very conscious we haven’t had a win but it’s not a boxing match, so we can’t just fight our way to victory. We’ve got to get the right balance between having enough fight and being relaxed to play enough good football.”

While Pardew is expected to start Papiss Cissé – whose two goals rescued a point against Hull City in Newcastle’s last League game – on the bench on Monday night as the Senegal striker eases his way back following surgery on a broken kneecap last April, he is delighted to see Cheik Tioté and Fabricio Coloccini returning to something approaching top form. While Coloccini’s performances had dipped before the game against Hull, Tioté missed the start of the season with a hamstring injury and was previously unsettled by rumours regarding a mooted summer move to Lokomotiv Moscow.

Yet with Coloccini commanding central defence, Tioté enforcing central midfield and Cissé almost ready to resume at centre-forward, Pardew feels his side have finally regained a decent spine.

“You do need big players, blue riband players, at this football club,” said Newcastle’s manager who will urge Ashley to extend Tiote’s contract beyond its current expiry date of June 2017. “And Fabricio and Cheik are two very important players for us.

“We had a team fighting for Cheik’s services in the summer. The finance was never really in place but Cheik was unsettled by it for a period. I think he’s happy here now though. I love him. He’s everything you want in a Newcastle player.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/28/alan-pardew-newcastle-stoke

This line “I think Mike was trying to be supportive – in his own kind of way.” :lol:

1.) We had a long taff game against Palace.

2.) Stoke are a very big team.

3.) Crouchy doing the robot was unnecessary.

4.) The fans expect too much.

5.) Never frettened

6.) Fanks to Mike & Myself we're great.

Possible post-match comments/excuses.

Am I the only one that thinks Ashley was playing the biggun and was actually being serious?

Nope. If he was "joking" there'd be a joke in there, surely? It reads like a man who is trying to show off in front of his mate and in front of strangers. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pardew gone by the end of the week if we lose, he may cling on a while longer if he gets a good performance and a draw, but he's a lame duck imo.

Reckon most people dismissing this as joking are just used to having their hopes dashed.

Changed my vote, reckon we are already in a relegation battle , when we get relegated Pardews only got form for taking us bottom in the championship too. It's that bad , for me.

God knows what shite we will get afterwards though.