Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Newcastle have played 26 Premier League matches since Boxing Day and these are the stats;

Home

Played 13 W3 D2 late Goals For 11 Goals Against 26

11 Points out if 39 and failed to score in 7 out of 13 games

Away

Played 13 W2 D2 L9 Goals For 8 Goals Against 22

8 Points out of 39 and failed to score in 10 out of 13 games

Totals

Played 26 W5 D4 L17 Goals For 19 Goals Against 48

19 Points out of 78 and failed to score in 17 out of 26 matches.

How he's still in charge is criminal

Edited by trooper

“We focused very much on the mental side of the game this week, responses on the pitch and how you respond to the media, because you (the media) won’t leave us alone at the moment.

“It is my job and duty to come up with solutions when things are not working, so whether we make changes – we will have to wait and see.

“Our fans want to see a brand of football that we can’t quite put together right now, we are trying to do it and have quality.”

Looks like it's our fault again.

“It is about digging in and fighting at the moment as a team, if we do that then something will fall our way.

“We’re trying to help the team, find a solution tp get the team playing to its quality, we’re very focused on Saturday.”

He also added this Fanks Al.

“It is about digging in and fighting at the moment as a team, if we do that then something will fall our way.

“We’re trying to help the team, find a solution tp get the team playing to its quality, we’re very focused on Saturday.”

He also added this Fanks Al.

Christ, so he's still relying on dumb luck then?

Alan Pardew describes his current situation at Newcastle as to being in a boxing ring with nowhere to hide
  • Alan Pardew has admitted he is feeling the heat as he looks to get Newcastle back on track after a poor start
  • The under-pressure Newcastle boss has praised his chairman for sticking by him during the tough times
  • Pardew understands the fans frustrations about performances admitting the team are not functioning well enough
  • Rock-bottom Newcastle travel to Swansea on Saturday as they seek their first league win of the season
Alan Pardew has likened his perilous position as Newcastle manager to being in a boxing ring with nowhere to hide.

The 53-year-old’s future has again been the subject of media speculation this week following Monday’s 1-0 defeat at Stoke, a result which leaves the Magpies joint bottom of the Premier League.

United travel to Swansea on Saturday with owner Mike Ashley sticking by the boss, and Pardew is grateful for his support.

‘I’m very fortunate to have an owner that can see we are fighting for the club,’ he said.

‘The fans are angry and want to see their team win. They don’t want to see us lose any more. We have a team that’s not quite functioning as we would like but there is nowhere to hide.

‘It’s like a boxing ring – there is nowhere to hide. People keep asking me are you going to come back? What are you going to do? Are you going to stay on the line?

‘Well I’m not going to hide and I don’t expect my players to hide. It’s about digging in at this point and we need to do it as a team. If we can show that, something will fall our way.’

Meanwhile, midfielder Cheick Tiote has denied being quoted as saying he wants to quit the club in January, and Pardew said: ‘When a player goes to their own country and that can be Africa, France, Holland, we always seem to get misquoted versions of events and this is one of those cases.

‘His last two performances have been world class for a team that that hasn’t been functioning as it should be. That says it all for me. He’s a terrific player, a big character and I look forward to seeing him on Saturday doing what he does – playing football.’

Tiote’s midfield comrade Jack Colback was left out of the England squad on Thursday, one month on from his first call-up.

Pardew said: ‘It’s disappointing, but not in terms of his form. He now knows that he needs to do a little more to get in that group. Of course he’s Premier League hardened already, even though he’s a young boy.’

:lol: This reads like he's a fucking consultant, it's good of him to be trying to help this team. Cannot stand this bloke like.

‘The fans are angry and want to see their team win. They don’t want to see us lose any more. We have a team that’s not quite functioning as we would like but there is nowhere to hide.

‘It’s like a boxing ring – there is nowhere to hide. People keep asking me are you going to come back? What are you going to do? Are you going to stay on the line?

‘Well I’m not going to hide and I don’t expect my players to hide. It’s about digging in at this point and we need to do it as a team. If we can show that, something will fall our way.’

:lol: This part in particular man, of course the fans want to see the team win ffs Alan. The ending is brilliant, "something will fall our way" sums up his management style, hope and fucking pray that Cabaye/Ben Arfa/ Ba/ Cisse/ whoever can conjure up something out of nothing to get through another game where the pesky fans keep expecting to win.

Pardew thinks thats its enough to fight and battle. As long as youre hanging in there battling away, then something will come your way (especially if you have "the quality"). FFS. Please get this man out of our club now.

Pardew thinks thats its enough to fight and battle. As long as youre hanging in there battling away, then something will come your way (especially if you have "the quality"). FFS. Please get this man out of our club now.

He'll be gone. Nearly there.