Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went out last week with 8 scousers, a jock and an an Irish.

All of them thought we were being harsh on Pardew. Very little of the wealth of facts to show how shit he is doing could change their minds.

10th is about right for the backing Ashley's gives a manager and that's a baseline position it's difficult to shift with anyone that doesn't watch us week in and week out. I don't blame them for having that perception. It'll change the longer we sit in the bottom 3.

I trust you wont be going out with these people again

All of them thought we were being harsh on Pardew. Very little of the wealth of facts to show how shit he is doing could change their minds.

10th is about right for the backing Ashley's gives a manager and that's a baseline position it's difficult to shift with anyone that doesn't watch us week in and week out. I don't blame them for having that perception. It'll change the longer we sit in the bottom 3.

Steve Clarke won 7 in 34 at West Brom and a lot of people are saying he was harshly treated too. When SBR was manager we played Everton on Good Friday and beat them 6-1(?) I was on the train back and there was a scouser across from me and when I lazily trotted out the media party line about Walter Smith having done ok there he fuckin annhilated me for being mis informed and not seeing what was actually going on at the club. You really dont know whats going on to a large extent at any club unless youre actually suffering it.

Intresting how the club haven't issued a statement of their expectations for this season.

They've outsourced most of their media; it's now routinely issued on the ground at dairy farms with reduced costs and superior accuracy so everyone wins.

Spot on.

Tbf they were asking for an insiders view rather than pushing their view as better informed. Worries me how little time the Everton fans had for Moyes. He's my choice replacement as someone who could work under Ashley's constraints.

Spot on.

Tbf they were asking for an insiders view rather than pushing their view as better informed. Worries me how little time the Everton fans had for Moyes. He's my choice replacement as someone who could work under Ashley's constraints.

Efc supporters are queer like. They cited winning at Old Trafford last season as an example of how Martinez had moved them on, then a few weeks later we did it under Pardew :lol:

I think Martinez is ok, but their defensive record this season is abysmal and theyre sitting just above QPR in the league. I've always felt he was an overhyped media darling but the scouse mackems wont have it.

Edited by PaddockLad

Is this some kind of joke?

I think he's basically given up trying to win us over so he's basically trying to get the rest of the footballing world on side and blaming the deluded militant geordies for trying to hound out a former manager of the year.

And the media are more than happy to oblige with that narrative.

Efc supporters are queer like. They cited winning at Old Trafford last season as an example of how Martinez had moved them on, then a few weeks later we did it under Pardew :lol:

I think Martinez is ok, but their defensive record this season is abysmal and theyre sitting just above QPR in the league. I've always felt he was an overhyped media darling but the scouse mackems wont have it.

I agree with them tbf.

It boggles the mind the wider perception of Pardew amongst football writers. Sunday Supplement just now they spent half the Newcastle slot talking about our kit and the identity of the club...Pardew's record was glossed over with, "He's quite a good manager and he's not the problem there"...

It boggles the mind the wider perception of Pardew amongst football writers. Sunday Supplement just now they spent half the Newcastle slot talking about our kit and the identity of the club...Pardew's record was glossed over with, "He's quite a good manager and he's not the problem there"...

Looking back at how quick some of the press were to stick the knife into Benitez and Villas-Boas, you can't help but think that the fact that Pardew is English makes him immune to a certain level of criticism.

Charlton's form very quickly deteriorated and they were near the foot of the table after 8 games without a win. After an inept display in a 5–2 home defeat to Sheffield United hundreds of supporters remained for more than an hour to condemn their manager, chanting, "We want Pardew out" and "We want our club back" after Charlton had slipped into the Championship's bottom three.[18][19] On 22 November 2008, Pardew parted company with Charlton by mutual consent.[20]

I had talk sport (yeah I know :lol:) on the other morning and they had John Cross from the mirror on there and he openly admitted that Pardew was a mate of his and for that reason he couldn't be overly harsh on him. What the fuck does he get paid for again??

Seeing as we looked a little better with two up top for the latter part of the game yesterday, what are the chances Pardew might give it another shot in the next game?

I'm going with not a chance, even though our next game is at home against a newly promoted side.

Five months later Pardew was dismissed by Souuthampton amidst reports of low staff morale and conflicts between Pardew and club chairman, Nicola Cortese.

His managerial career is appalling he seemed to have got off to a good start as manager of Reading. After that it's shocking.