Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 2/27/2018 at 05:11, Alex said:

:lol: Chez must be some agent

Alan Pardew will on Monday hold talks with the West Bromwich Albion board about his future as manager as he seeks to establish whether the club will persevere with him in the short term or respond to a seventh successive defeat and growing unrest among fans by terminating his contract before the next game, at Bournemouth on Saturday.

Although Pardew has no intention of resigning, he sounded as if he was almost anticipating the sack in the wake of the 4-1 defeat at home against Leicester City on Saturday. Pardew acknowledged the situation at the Premier League’s bottom club had become so bleak that he needed to speak to Albion’s hierarchy “because they might think a change is a better thing for the club”. Those discussions are expected to take place with Mark Jenkins, the chief executive, at the club’s training ground.

Albion now find themselves in a difficult position in more ways than one, with the club anxious to avoid making a managerial change for the second time this season, partly because of the financial implications but largely as there are no credible alternatives, internally or externally, to take over from Pardew with only eight fixtures left and relegation looking a formality.

Yet life at the Hawthorns under Pardew is now so desperate that the club’s board could well be forced to act, regardless. Albion have won only one of the manager’s 16 league matches in charge, collecting only eight points in the process, and it is hard to see life improving after Pardew publicly criticised the players for showing a lack of fight in the final 20 minutes against Leicester.

He also accused Grzegorz Krychowiak of behaving disrespectfully after the midfielder refused to shake his hand when he was substituted in the second half.

The challenge for Albion if they do decide to dismiss Pardew, who took over from Tony Pulis at the end of November, is to identify a replacement to steer the club through the final two months of the season before making a long-term appointment in the summer. Either way, it feels like a matter of when, not if, Pardew leaves.

'No credible alternative' :lol: Go into the stands and pick anyone out and they couldn't be any worse than what they've got.

It's obvious that he's not capable of turning it round yet he doesn't have the decency to walk away without a payoff.

They're down anyway. Make him stick with them until they are actually relegated and sack him at the end of the season. No one they bring in now is going to make any difference.

39 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

They're down anyway. Make him stick with them until they are actually relegated and sack him at the end of the season. No one they bring in now is going to make any difference.

Yeah, while it's hard to see anyone doing worse it's not like anyone could come and realistically have a chance to turn it around now.

Exactly. They will have more options at the end of the season and can start talking to people and avoiding a panic replacement now. Although I guess it becomes more difficult for them if Pardew continues to lose every game.

Had to laugh at Nicholas on Saturday saying that although he had to take responsibility, he was surprised Pardew hadn't done better as he's always done well elsewhere (implied dig the players were at fault). 

2 hours ago, NJS said:

Had to laugh at Nicholas on Saturday saying that although he had to take responsibility, he was surprised Pardew hadn't done better as he's always done well elsewhere (implied dig the players were at fault). 

Some Cockney wanker on that sky show, (where journalists sit around a table with croissants and coffee strewn around and look deadly serious talking about whether Harry Kane will be better than Rooney for England and other such shite usually involving mourinho and Wenger), professed to be shocked how bad he was doing at WBA. He thought he'd do a great job DESPITE HAVING A LITTLE BIT OF A BAD SPELL AT PALACE. :lol:

Do these fuckers live in some sort of bubble? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

Some Cockney wanker on that sky show, (where journalists sit around a table with croissants and coffee strewn around and look deadly serious talking about whether Harry Kane will be better than Rooney for England and other such shite usually involving mourinho and Wenger), professed to be shocked how bad he was doing at WBA. He thought he'd do a great job DESPITE HAVING A LITTLE BIT OF A BAD SPELL AT PALACE. :lol:

Do these fuckers live in some sort of bubble? 

They're either ill-informed or have some sort of vested interest. Either way it's canny appalling given their jobs.

The same idiots will be telling you that English managers don't get a chance. Where has Pardew been that he could have been deemed a success? And yet he's spent around 10 years as a manager in the Premier League.

Edited by ewerk

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The same idiots will be telling you that English managers don't get a chance. Where has Pardew been that he could have been deemed a success? And yet he's spent around 10 years as a manager in the Premier League.

The likes of him and Allardyce getting job after job hardly helps young English managers either. As for his record, he did a canny job to start with at us but every time it went to shit here and Crystal Palace his only solution was to (try to) spend his way out of trouble rather than working with the squad he had and turning it around.

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

The likes of him and Allardyce getting job after job hardly helps young English managers either. As for his record, he did a canny job to start with at us but every time it went to shit here and Crystal Palace his only solution was to (try to) spend his way out of trouble rather than working with the squad he had and turning it around.

He can't deal with the inevitable slide that comes once the feel good factor of a manager with absolutely no standards wears off.

I haven't watched many of their matches, but I don't actually think their squad is that bad. I mean it was enough to have them comfortably top half last season. I imagine if Pulis had stayed he'd probably have kept them up. He had a couple of bad starts to the season at Stoke and turned it around.

I have to say I am a bit surprised Pardew didn't have the usual impact he initially has. But when it became apparent that wasn't going to happen, they really needed to make the change a few weeks ago. They've lost a run of winnable games and their run-in doesn't look great. 

They talk about a lack of alternatives, but then you look at the impact Carvahal has had at Swansea, who quite possibly have a weaker squad than WBA, and wonder if they could have plucked someone from the lower leagues.

We might never see his signature winning run pseudo intellectual empty frame glasses ever again, such a shame. 

I genuinely think a lot a lot of these journalists just completely ignore what goes on towards the bottom half of the table. It’s the only way I can think that anyone would be shocked at how poorly he is doing after he went on club record shattering losing runs at both NUFC and Crystal Palace. 

I sort of enjoy that he’s also just basically dropped the guise that he’s trying and is almost admitting that he’s just waiting to be paid off, having a pop at the players and then basically saying “if I was the board I’d fire me”. WBA completely deserve this tbh, absolutely ridiculous sacking Pulis for this fucking joke. 

53 minutes ago, Howay said:

We might never see his signature winning run pseudo intellectual empty frame glasses ever again, such a shame. 

I genuinely think a lot a lot of these journalists just completely ignore what goes on towards the bottom half of the table. It’s the only way I can think that anyone would be shocked at how poorly he is doing after he went on club record shattering losing runs at both NUFC and Crystal Palace. 

I sort of enjoy that he’s also just basically dropped the guise that he’s trying and is almost admitting that he’s just waiting to be paid off, having a pop at the players and then basically saying “if I was the board I’d fire me”. WBA completely deserve this tbh, absolutely ridiculous sacking Pulis for this fucking joke. 

Not forgetting the records he broke at Charlton and West Ham. 

• Like 1

I love when Pardew tries to intimate that he's dictating when he hears from the top brass :lol: Tried it a lot here. "Well, I'll speak to Mike after that and see where we can go" More like "I'll be sitting waiting for the phone to ring as soon as I get back on the A1 so I can get my smug ears boxed"