Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, scoobos said:

Controversial! I had it down as Bowyer tbh. Great player but 101% actively racist.

wasn't so much a reference to their spat on the pitch, more dyer's time at the club in general. thought the sun shone out his own arse despite spending the majority of his time out the team. seem to recall him being nicknamed both sicknote or 80 klicks because of giving it the big one about his wages in town. couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo, particularly when it came to one on ones with a keeper. remember him holding the captains armband out like a piece of shit covered bog roll when being brought on as a sub at middlesbrough after being dropped by robson for refusing to play right wing. pretty sure he paid for the hotel room at the grosvenor at the time of the spit roasting debacle. (disclaimer, i'm not implying he was one of the tag team!) within a few days of souness arriving and claiming he was gonna clean the town up dyer got lifted form pissing in a doorweay on the quayside and went largely unpunished.

wasn't a big a fan of kieron at the time me!   :)

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

wasn't so much a reference to their spat on the pitch, more dyer's time at the club in general. thought the sun shone out his own arse despite spending the majority of his time out the team. seem to recall him being nicknamed both sicknote or 80 klicks because of giving it the big one about his wages in town. couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo, particularly when it came to one on ones with a keeper. remember him holding the captains armband out like a piece of shit covered bog roll when being brought on as a sub at middlesbrough after being dropped by robson for refusing to play right wing. pretty sure he paid for the hotel room at the grosvenor at the time of the spit roasting debacle. (disclaimer, i'm not implying he was one of the tag team!) within a few days of souness arriving and claiming he was gonna clean the town up dyer got lifted form pissing in a doorweay on the quayside and went largely unpunished.

wasn't a big a fan of kieron at the time me!   :)

Wow, well reading your post made me realise how old I'm getting: :D

"seem to recall him being nicknamed both sicknote or 80 klicks because of giving it the big one about his wages in town"
oh... yeah I vaguely remember..... wow that feels like a distant memory
"After being dropped by robson for refusing to play right wing" 
was that Dyer, or was it Jenas - I always thought that was Jenas.... no it was Dyer:
"he paid for the hotel room at the grosvenor at the time of the spit roasting debacle."
Oh aye yeah, that too.... 

This has taught me how much I have directed my past hatred for Bobby's sacking at the feet of Bowyer and Jenas (I hate that lad, still. goldfish bowl haircut even takes the fucking piss). 

i was one of the few on here who liked dyer at the time. shite attitude, alwas injured and couldn't finish his dinner, but his movement was scintillating. that midfield of robert, dyer, speed and nobby feeding shearer and bellamy was a joy to watch. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Dyer was a better player than about 90% of the players we’ve had through the club since that time. 

think that's more of a reflection on the ashley era than dyer's ability. thought on the whole he was a complete and utter waster.

mind you, i do remember being at southampton when we eventually beat them down there for the first time for 300 years, one on one with the keeper too, nearly lifted the roof off the away end!   :)

3 minutes ago, scoobos said:

Wow, well reading your post made me realise how old I'm getting: :D

"seem to recall him being nicknamed both sicknote or 80 klicks because of giving it the big one about his wages in town"
oh... yeah I vaguely remember..... wow that feels like a distant memory
"After being dropped by robson for refusing to play right wing" 
was that Dyer, or was it Jenas - I always thought that was Jenas.... no it was Dyer:
"he paid for the hotel room at the grosvenor at the time of the spit roasting debacle."
Oh aye yeah, that too.... 

This has taught me how much I have directed my past hatred for Bobby's sacking at the feet of Bowyer and Jenas (I hate that lad, still. goldfish bowl haircut even takes the fucking piss). 

getting old?

lucky twat, i was old then!   :)

What was the game where we played Dyer as a lone striker, well after his legs had gone, and we ended up winning? Was that the Southampton game? 

That's also reminded me of the constant links to Boa Morte when Souness was manager. His name was in the Chronicle more than Eddy Eats

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

7 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

What was the game where we played Dyer as a lone striker, well after his legs had gone, and we ended up winning? Was that the Southampton game? 

That's also reminded me of the constant links to Boa Morte when Souness was manager. His name was in the Chronicle more than Eddy Eats

think so, mightve been a cup game.

memory might be on its way now mind!

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

think that's more of a reflection on the ashley era than dyer's ability. thought on the whole he was a complete and utter waster.

mind you, i do remember being at southampton when we eventually beat them down there for the first time for 300 years, one on one with the keeper too, nearly lifted the roof off the away end!   :)

Think 90% is probably being generous to the players since. He was a very good player for a lot of his time here. He was integral in a side challenging for the league, getting into the CL and so on. He had a fantastic understanding with Solano. He also ha a great engine and coupled with his pace it stopped a lot f sides being able to break quickly against us. A pretty unnoticed side of his game. 
Off the pitch he wasn’t any worse than a lot of his peers. Bellamy was comfortably a bigger cunt but you’d have a player that good back in a shot. Him and the ‘young guns’ got the blame for SBR getting the push but if there’s poor discipline at a club that’s on the manager too. I love Robson but deifying people doesn’t really do them or the people they worked with justice. Also Shearer had fallen out with Robson. Liverpool were interested the summer before Robson’s sacking. Robson rightly thought Shearer was no longer good enough to be the focal point of a top side. After Shearer got wind of Robson being happy to let him go and his being so close to Speed and Lee, it meant the manager was undermined by not having the more senior half of the dressing room to fall back on. And we all probably knew Robson had to move at some point in the near future. Obviously the timing was all wrong and the replacement was an unmitigated disaster. 
Sorry for going all Fish but it’s always more nuanced than one or two people being to blame 

• Like 4

@Alex  :lol:

I can see I'm not winning this one with you!

dyer wasn't fit to lace the boots of any of his peers in robson's team, when he could be arse to even play, well, in my opinion.

as far as comparing him with bellamy, I can recall the welsh man being involved in some incident whereby he was questioned for a minor assault but nowt came of it, think some pissed up wannabe WAG on the quayside had jumped uninvited in to his car and he'd pushed her out.  dyer would've footed the bill for a gang bang in the nearest premier Inn.

bellamy didn't really hit the peak of his twatishness till he left us, but before he did he was absolutely bang on in labelling souness a wanker for hauling him off at charlton athletic, he was easily the best player on the pitch that day, he had every right in being fucked off at being shunted out to celtic by a bloke who had already decided before he walked through the door that he was the bad apple and not dyer. the stupid scotch twat was wrong.

I agree with everything you say with regard to robson/shearer and so by default I'd imagine you'd have to concede bellamy was pretty much on the mark with his assessment via text that the lion of gosforths legs had gone?

anyway, loved bellamy as a player, in a different league to dyer, and while I'd be in no rush to invite him round for a meal, I'd do so in preference to 80 clicks every day of the week.

:) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Alex said:

I don’t hate Dalgleish. I think his intentions were honest. He fucked about way too much with the final third when it  was the other end of the pitch that needed a bit of tinkering (although it’s a myth the defence was poor). He was hampered by Shearer’s injury massively as all his plans involved building the team around him. He also had to buy a reserve team after KK scrapped it. I can’t say I’m fond of him as his tenure was a bit of a disaster to say the least. 

Some good points here. Massively hampered by the injury to Shearer, by which point the PLC had pissed Ferdinand off to the point he was never going to stay. I also agree about the reserves. For all the great Keegan did, this was IMO by far his biggest fuck up. Set the future of the club back years for the good of the here and now - lacked vision but then what we loved about KK was he was passionate, not necessarily a visionary.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NJS said:

I'll never forgive him for going to an fa cup final and playing for pens in a replay from the start. 

Hugely agree with that too. 

6 hours ago, Alex said:

Dyer was a better player than about 90% of the players we’ve had through the club since that time. 

Agreed, but his treatment, and total disrespect of SBR is unforgiveable for me. All the greats that bloke managed over the years and some jumped up little cunt from Ipswich thinks he was too good to play on the wing. Get tae fuck!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Craig said:

Some good points here. Massively hampered by the injury to Shearer, by which point the PLC had pissed Ferdinand off to the point he was never going to stay. I also agree about the reserves. For all the great Keegan did, this was IMO by far his biggest fuck up. Set the future of the club back years for the good of the here and now - lacked vision but then what we loved about KK was he was passionate, not necessarily a visionary.

He did it because teams were being made to play (iirc) 75% of reserve games at their actual ground. Him and a few of the other managers stood up to the league. Including Ferguson supposedly. I think it had been voted on so it had to happen. The others relented. KK, being KK, didn’t. Although this was probably a flaw of his because it did cost the club in the medium term. What people may forget though this is before the days of the wide use of the portable UV lights. So big stadiums all over Europe suffered from bad pitches, often having to be relaid during the season. KK didn’t want that being exacerbated by the reserves playing there. 

• Like 1

Yeah I get it and you're right about the portable UV lights (BTW - weren't we the first club in the UK to implement them?). It's an observation rather than an outright criticism - he went for the short-term solution and we fell short. The cost was the damage to the medium and, IMO, the long term development system within the club.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...