Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/9267960.stm

Newcastle United have appointed Alan Pardew as the club's new manager on a five-and-a-half-year deal.

Pardew - dismissed by League One side Southampton in August - replaces Chris Hughton, who was sacked on Monday.

"I am honoured and privileged to have been given this opportunity at one of the truly great clubs in English football," said the 49-year-old.

His first match in charge of the club, who are 12th in the Premier League, is at home to Liverpool on Saturday.

Former Tottenham coach Hughton led Newcastle back into the top flight last season but, following his controversial sacking, the club said it wanted to appoint a new manager "with more experience".

BBC Sport understands that Pardew - who has also managed Reading, West Ham and Charlton - was in talks with the north-east club about taking over at St James' Park as long as 10 days ago.

As a manager Pardew has taken charge of more than 500 games, though the majority of those were not in the Premier League.

"I understand what this club means to its supporters," Pardew added on Thursday.

"Throughout the football world people recognise that this is a unique club in many ways, with supporters who are second to none in their loyalty, passion and devotion for the team.

"I'm not a Geordie of course, but I'm a football person with a love of the game and I can assure you I bring great drive, desire and commitment to the job.

"Chris Hughton did a great job last season, guiding the club back to the Premier League, and he continued that good work this season. It is my aim to build on that now and take this club forward.

"I have always managed teams that have played attacking positive football, something I know the supporters here appreciate.

"At the same time I intend to focus on developing exciting young players through the club's excellent Academy and development squad, and I know the board here at St. James' Park are very committed to that too."

Pardew joined West Ham in September 2003 and guided them to Premier League promotion in 2005, before being sacked in late 2006.

He then joined Charlton on Christmas Eve 2006, but the club were relegated from the Premier League later that season and after failing to get promotion in 2007-08 he left in November 2008.

I was so close to throwing my coffee at the screen when I read this. I'm not even kidding. Pissed off.

No complaints from you please when the academy team and the first team are indistinguishable.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Im so fucking low <_<

Doesn't take much for yee like ;)

Look man, we're all worried about the future but we'll look back and laugh at this in two years time, if you believe in karma we're due some top times ahead. One of my friends had the audacity to ring me last night that he thought Hughton should've went in the summer, I was like are you stupid 4 defeats in 46 games. We need to stay strong together off the pitch or there'll be a civil war on the terraces.

Im so fucking low :)

Look man, we're all worried about the future but we'll look back and laugh at this in two years time, if you believe in karma we're due some top times ahead. One of my friends had the audacity to ring me last night that he thought Hughton should've went in the summer, I was like are you stupid 4 defeats in 46 games. We need to stay strong together off the pitch or there'll be a civil war on the terraces.

<_<

Aye, I feel so sick against Pardew its mental.

Im so fucking low :icon_lol:

<_<

Aye, I feel so sick against Pardew its mental.

He's as much a cretin in all this as Llambias. Ashley is on another fucking level though.

There'll not be over 50,000 in SJP for many, many years to come on the back of all this.

Cunts, to a man. :)

Simon Bird:

Pardew theme: "attacking football." Hughton was regarded as very caution by #nufc regime. (yes I know they beat villa 6-0 and #safc 5-1!)

Thats because he fucking knew if we went all out attack with this squad we'd get shit on. Unbelievable.

I need to calm down.

If you aren't on twitter, today would be a good day to get on, with no live coverage of the press conf (i assume there will be one). Live updates from journos potentially.

;)

Plus if everyone gets on, we can all follow one another, and in an emergency someone can issue a "Toontastic ASSEMBLE!" order. It'll be like G-Force.

Simon Bird:

Pardew theme: "attacking football." Hughton was regarded as very caution by #nufc regime. (yes I know they beat villa 6-0 and #safc 5-1!)

Thats because he fucking knew if we went all out attack with this squad we'd get shit on. Unbelievable.

I need to calm down.

Liverpool so obviously now quaking in their boots! ;)

My best mate who I go to the match with has just sent me an e-mail on hearing the news. Or server has blocked it for going way over the point score on the language filter. Just unblocked it, and it's the angriest e-mail I've ever received. ;)

If you aren't on twitter, today would be a good day to get on, with no live coverage of the press conf (i assume there will be one). Live updates from journos potentially.

<_<

Plus if everyone gets on, we can all follow one another, and in an emergency someone can issue a "Toontastic ASSEMBLE!" order. It'll be like G-Force.

;)

My best mate who I go to the match with has just sent me an e-mail on hearing the news. Or server has blocked it for going way over the point score on the language filter. Just unblocked it, and it's the angriest e-mail I've ever received. ;)

Cut n paste lol

Can you put some links in here if you see a good one please?

Put it up here <_<

Can you put some links in here if you see a good one please?

They'll get put up, but you may as well sign up tbh.

Do it!

A lot of the press seem to have shifted to a "give him a chance" agenda.

I don't really care about Pardew - it's the fat cunt we need to focus on - the club is fucked while he's there - doesn't matter who is manager imo.

A lot of the press seem to have shifted to a "give him a chance" agenda.

I don't really care about Pardew - it's the fat cunt we need to focus on - the club is fucked while he's there - doesn't matter who is manager imo.

Probably because the club ban journalists who ask critical questions. McNally seems pretty adamant he's going to ask him what he's doing here when Hughton was doing such a good job but you never know.

<_<

Go on, tweet that and start a trend! ;)

From twitter...

JacquiOatley I was told on Monday Pardew had "a top job lined up for 6 weeks". Hughton stood as much chance as England 2018 bid. #nufc

Absolute cuntery of the highest\lowest order ;)