Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wasn't that close to pitch level, but from where I was, Pardew wasn't getting any stick at all when he walked past the fans as he was coming out late for the second half. He was actually getting a reasonable amount of support as he walked across. I just don't get that at all.

Why? I don't really like the man but the fact that Carroll is gone has absolutely nothing to do with him.

My concern is that it was obvious to the world that we had 4 inadequate strikers aside from Carrol and he should have been working to replace at least two of those regardless of any will he/won't he stay shite.

Now we're left with 3 inadequate strikers....

Piss poor management.

I wasn't that close to pitch level, but from where I was, Pardew wasn't getting any stick at all when he walked past the fans as he was coming out late for the second half. He was actually getting a reasonable amount of support as he walked across. I just don't get that at all.

Apart from two half hearted anti-ashley song attempts, there didn't seem anything in terms of any kind of protest against how things were run. I was expecting the atmosphere a bit more hostile following Carroll's sale. I suppose they can continue shitting on us without any real reaction.

Couple of more defeats on the bounce might change all that

Why? I don't really like the man but the fact that Carroll is gone has absolutely nothing to do with him.

Yes it did Pardew himself said he was involved in the meeting where they decided they had no option but to let Carroll go,

He shouldn't have made assurances and guarantees which he, and most of us, knew he couldn't actually keep. And within hours of going against his one and only guarantee of retaining Carroll, he then goes on to guarantee that the whole £35mil will be spent on the team. He's a mouthpiece of Ashley's crew, and is as much of a joke as Kinnear was.

I genuinely think that he believed that Carroll wasn't going to be sold but as we've seen with nearly every manager since Ashley took over, his assurances mean fuck all.

You can't expect him to walk now and lose his final chance to manage at a big club.

Yes it did Pardew himself said he was involved in the meeting where they decided they had no option but to let Carroll go,

He may as well have been there to bring the teas in for all the influence he would have had.

This club is run by one man.

Edited by ewerk

Because he's a spineless puppet?

I can't blame him for this one, no matter who the manager was, Carroll was being sold.

I genuinely think that he believed that Carroll wasn't going to be sold but as we've seen with nearly every manager since Ashley took over, his assurances mean fuck all.

You can't expect him to walk now and lose his final chance to manage at a big club.

He may as well have been there to bring the teas in for all the influence he would have had.

This club is run by one man.

:lol:

Is he a really good liar or basically saying what he thinks and feels?

Live television, camera in your face, enormous pressure to perform and never been to drama school. If we has was lying, it would be all over his face imo.

I think he understood the regime's mentality and was doing and saying everything he could to keep Carroll at the club. I reckon he would have realised how potentially effective he was going to be too.

I agree (edit: with Chez) and also think comments about his last shot at the 'big time' are probably pretty accurate too. The 5 and a half year deal suggests to me there are clauses all over the shop allowing the club to sack him without recompense if he doesn't meet predefined targets (such as staying up etc.) so it's not like he can just sit and eat their shit for the next half decade without having to worry about performances. Tied into this is the effect that might have on him getting another job after this one.

Edited by alex

Live television, camera in your face, enormous pressure to perform and never been to drama school. If we has was lying, it would be all over his face imo.

I think he understood the regime's mentality and was doing and saying everything he could to keep Carroll at the club. I reckon he would have realised how potentially effective he was going to be too.

I agree with that and the idea he knows he's on a hiding to nothing - given that he hasn't done too badly but as I said, not addressing the strikers regardless of Carrol is an extremely bad sign for me.

I agree with that and the idea he knows he's on a hiding to nothing - given that he hasn't done too badly but as I said, not addressing the strikers regardless of Carrol is an extremely bad sign for me.

What I can't understand is (given the Carroll injury and even assuming Pardew wasn't aware of the imminent sale of him) busting a gut to get Ireland on loan but not getting a striker in.

I agree (edit: with Chez) and also think comments about his last shot at the 'big time' are probably pretty accurate too. The 5 and a half year deal suggests to me there are clauses all over the shop allowing the club to sack him without recompense if he doesn't meet predefined targets (such as staying up etc.) so it's not like he can just sit and eat their shit for the next half decade without having to worry about performances. Tied into this is the effect that might have on him getting another job after this one.

Said the same thing to me Dad the other day about his performances here. He's going to want to do a decent job because at the end of the day, despite the 5 year deal, he probably won't see it all out and he'll want another job after it. He'll know what Ashley's like despite being his mate and he'll be prepared for a daft sacking somewhere down the line.

At the end of the day, he must have known what the situation was when he took the job, which he allegedly knew he was getting weeks before CH was sacked. Not much sympathy coming from my direction for the guy.

At the end of the day, he must have known what the situation was when he took the job, which he allegedly knew he was getting weeks before CH was sacked. Not much sympathy coming from my direction for the guy.

Me either btw. I just think he will do the best he can for the reasons given and he isn't the real problem.

Me either btw. I just think he will do the best he can for the reasons given and he isn't the real problem.

Wouldn't disagree with that, but i think we'll all know how that will turn out in the end :lol:

Wouldn't disagree with that, but i think we'll all know how that will turn out in the end :lol:

Oh aye, the contract wasn't worth the bog roll it was written on.

I reckon the length of Parsnip's contract was negotiated by him due to being on a shite salary. I bet he's only on around £800k/year (double Hughton's wedge), and the length of deal was a compromise i.e. "Okay, I'll take the minimal salary, on condition you pay me the remainder of my contract if you sack me at any point". LardAsh is, obviously, hoping Parsnip succeeds at NUFC, and, therefore, stays longer, thus reducing month by month the amount he would have to pay if he had to sack him. And before anyone suggests the problem of Parsnip moving on to pastures new, for more money, if he does succeed here and catches the eye of would-be suiters, I don't believe the fat bloke will give a flying fuck about that as all he would see would be compensation and the plan to employ yet another out of work manager to replace Parsnip.

I reckon the length of Parsnip's contract was negotiated by him due to being on a shite salary. I bet he's only on around £800k/year (double Hughton's wedge), and the length of deal was a compromise i.e. "Okay, I'll take the minimal salary, on condition you pay me the remainder of my contract if you sack me at any point". LardAsh is, obviously, hoping Parsnip succeeds at NUFC, and, therefore, stays longer, thus reducing month by month the amount he would have to pay if he had to sack him. And before anyone suggests the problem of Parsnip moving on to pastures new, for more money, if he does succeed here and catches the eye of would-be suiters, I don't believe the fat bloke will give a flying fuck about that as all he would see would be compensation and the plan to employ yet another out of work manager to replace Parsnip.

aye, it's bargain basement exploitation all the way.

it is desperate, desperate stuff.