Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it probably works this way at most clubs these days. Even the great Alex Ferguson simply doesnt have the time to scout the world.

Haven't heard the interview, but from what you say he makes it sound as if Carr is working for him. I think that's bullshit. I think he has virtually no say in transfers or who comes and goes. They will no doubt ask him what they thing of a player and whether he will fit in. I expect the way SAF works will be very different .

imo of course.

Fergie would walk, as well as any other manager if any other board tret there manager half as poorly as they're doing with Pardew.

Yet Pardew keeps parting his cheeks for the double pronged cock attack from Dekka and Ashley

the bell-bottom's been onside from the off .

There's a touch of the Walter Mitty about Pardew. imo he has no involvement in transfers; the reason he hasn't picked a captain is that he has no idea who will be here at the start of the season, other than the new signings. That won't stop him wanting to sound like he's in charge of course.

Are there many managers who have much more control?

I doubt there are many premiership managers with less say. imo we have a contintental system, which was the original idea when Ashely came on board, where the manager coaches/picks the team and the transfers/infrastructure issues are handled by a director of football. Our director of football used to be Wise and is now Derek Llambias.

In reality I expect Pardew has an input on what's needed but not much more than that. I expect Graham Carr has a major say but I suspect it's the brains trust of Llambias and Ashley that's shaping the squad and our transfer policy. This is all purely conjecture on my part of course but I just get the feeling about Pardew that he's a bullshitter. He always seems to be catching up on the news - Carroll, Barton, Enrique, Nolan etc - as though he's had no real involvement in decisions.

Nailed by Kitman.

Thought this when he jumped into Hughton's grave, think it now, seen nothing to make me think otherwise.

Re. the continental system , I agree Kitman, the truly worrying thing is that it does appear that the Toxic Twins are acting DOF's.

My blood runs cold.

Agree almost entirely with you both but for me Graham Carr is now the DoF....in charge of recruitment, which was I think Dennis Wise's title, or at least part of it.

Carr is now the most important figure on the football side of the club. He seems to have a good eye for a player, and he'll scout them and perhaps even make the "official" first move for a player, probably by having a word with the player's agent. If the response is positive, I imagine lambchop then tries to sort a deal with the player's club. Whether Pardew has issued a "I want a player for this posistion or who can do this or that for the team" list is pretty much unknowable. I tend to agree though Pardew seems to be dealing with the hand he is being dealt and being a diplomat in return for a shot at the biggest job of his career. Think back to his press conference when he joined to see how much support he enjoys from the upper echelons of the club, even at the start of his tenure here. A puppet in all but name.

The system works well on the continent in certain cases, it is the system thet made Lyon go from a nothing 2nd division club in 1989 to being one of the top sides in Europe for almost a decade,from a relatively "poor" league too. And it is undoubtedly the case that rich owners want more control over expenditure. Steve Kean is in a similar positon if you ask me, but Steve Bruce would walk if he couldnt choose his own players and it undoutedly contributed to Alex McLeish leaving Birmingham. I doubt if Grant had much say in who came in last January at West Ham, according to the non-bearded dildo seller's comments on relegation anyway.At West Ham and Blackburn it would appear that the board go straight to the agents and say "who can you get me?" and look at where West Ham ended up and listen to Blackburn's fans fears for the coming season.

It appears to be a road we may be heading down too....the only possible saving grace is Graham Carr is a "football man" (so was Kevin Keen at West Ham mind) but it doesn't alter the fact that if we're bottom of the league at xmas Pardew will in all likelyhood be given his cards and he'll not have had much of a say in who is in the team he's picking each week. But he's made his own bed so I guess he and us will all have to fuckin lie in it :(

There's a touch of the Walter Mitty about Pardew. imo he has no involvement in transfers; the reason he hasn't picked a captain is that he has no idea who will be here at the start of the season, other than the new signings. That won't stop him wanting to sound like he's in charge of course.

I doubt there are many premiership managers with less say. imo we have a contintental system, which was the original idea when Ashely came on board, where the manager coaches/picks the team and the transfers/infrastructure issues are handled by a director of football. Our director of football used to be Wise and is now Derek Llambias.

In reality I expect Pardew has an input on what's needed but not much more than that. I expect Graham Carr has a major say but I suspect it's the brains trust of Llambias and Ashley that's shaping the squad and our transfer policy. This is all purely conjecture on my part of course but I just get the feeling about Pardew that he's a bullshitter. He always seems to be catching up on the news - Carroll, Barton, Enrique, Nolan etc - as though he's had no real involvement in decisions.

Nailed by Kitman.

Thought this when he jumped into Hughton's grave, think it now, seen nothing to make me think otherwise.

Re. the continental system , I agree Kitman, the truly worrying thing is that it does appear that the Toxic Twins are acting DOF's.

My blood runs cold.

Agree almost entirely with you both but for me Graham Carr is now the DoF....in charge of recruitment, which was I think Dennis Wise's title, or at least part of it.

Carr is now the most important figure on the football side of the club. He seems to have a good eye for a player, and he'll scout them and perhaps even make the "official" first move for a player, probably by having a word with the player's agent. If the response is positive, I imagine lambchop then tries to sort a deal with the player's club. Whether Pardew has issued a "I want a player for this posistion or who can do this or that for the team" list is pretty much unknowable. I tend to agree though Pardew seems to be dealing with the hand he is being dealt and being a diplomat in return for a shot at the biggest job of his career. Think back to his press conference when he joined to see how much support he enjoys from the upper echelons of the club, even at the start of his tenure here. A puppet in all but name.

The system works well on the continent in certain cases, it is the system thet made Lyon go from a nothing 2nd division club in 1989 to being one of the top sides in Europe for almost a decade,from a relatively "poor" league too. And it is undoubtedly the case that rich owners want more control over expenditure. Steve Kean is in a similar positon if you ask me, but Steve Bruce would walk if he couldnt choose his own players and it undoutedly contributed to Alex McLeish leaving Birmingham. I doubt if Grant had much say in who came in last January at West Ham, according to the non-bearded dildo seller's comments on relegation anyway.At West Ham and Blackburn it would appear that the board go straight to the agents and say "who can you get me?" and look at where West Ham ended up and listen to Blackburn's fans fears for the coming season.

It appears to be a road we may be heading down too....the only possible saving grace is Graham Carr is a "football man" (so was Kevin Keen at West Ham mind) but it doesn't alter the fact that if we're bottom of the league at xmas Pardew will in all likelyhood be given his cards and he'll not have had much of a say in who is in the team he's picking each week. But he's made his own bed so I guess he and us will all have to fuckin lie in it :(

Quality post

Edited by Monkeys Fist

Nailed by Kitman.

My blood runs cold.

Good post.

It'd make me happier if Carr does have a central role. My impression is that Pardew doesn't have an impressive track record with signings based on people's comments about his stints at previous clubs. His CV's pretty underwhelming in many ways, which is one of the reason's I think he likes to talk himself up.

If Carr is a key man in that sense, I hope they're not paying him buttons and have him tied in to a long term contract. Wise was getting 1 mill a year iirc to sign the likes of Xisco. It'd be typical of this lot that he fucks off somewhere to get a better deal.

Interestingly Carr said at the end of last season that he thought we needed 6 new players in to improve the team. Be interesting to see if we only sign another 2.

Who gives a fuck if Pardew interviews well? Honestly CT you talk fucking twaddle. How this statement that we're spending the £35m on the training ground can be seen as anything but Ashley being a cunt, is a mystery to me.

£4.8m we've spent on Cabaye, Ba, Marveux and Abeid were all either free or fuck all. We've already got £3m from Nolan. How fucking dare Ashley say he's spending that on wages and the fucking training ground. That amount of investment should see us training in the best facility in the world!

Why do you believe whatever Pardew states? It's obvious he's going to have an agenda!

Why do I fucking read and react to your fucking idiocy.

:(

.com

The most pressing issue in many fans' eyes is whether the £35 million received for Carroll would in fact be spent and Pardew reaffirmed the club line that "the money will stay in the club". However, he suggested that fans shouldn’t attempt to do the maths as it would fall 'way short', claiming agents fees, wages and investment in the training ground would mean all the money wouldn't go simply on transfer fees.

Our own personal take on that is that there should be plenty of season ticket money, TV revenue, sponsorship income etc. to meet those running costs and we refer back to Pardew's words on the day after Carroll's departure, which seemed crystal clear to us:

"The one thing I said to Mike yesterday was: 'Look, if this boy is going to go, this money has to be reinvested in the team, all of it, and he has assured me of that. For the Newcastle fan, that is the most important message I can give today, that all that money will be used.'"

Edited by Barney

Who gives a fuck if Pardew interviews well? Honestly CT you talk fucking twaddle. How this statement that we're spending the £35m on the training ground can be seen as anything but Ashley being a cunt, is a mystery to me.

£4.8m we've spent on Cabaye, Ba, Marveux and Abeid were all either free or fuck all. We've already got £3m from Nolan. How fucking dare Ashley say he's spending that on wages and the fucking training ground. That amount of investment should see us training in the best facility in the world!

Why do you believe whatever Pardew states? It's obvious he's going to have an agenda!

Why do I fucking read and react to your fucking idiocy.

:(

+1

Could have sworn that they'd already made statements relating to improving the training ground well before we sold Carroll.

Again, questions must be asked of what investment Ashley would have put in had we not sold Carroll. And why it appears that this potential extra investment might not be utilised on top of the Carroll money.

Pardew publicly got in a huff at West Ham over Tevez and Mascherano being signed over his head, so he will certainly be involved.

I think the only thing Pardew doesn't have any say on is contracts. Llambias is certainly calling the shots over the Barton saga. Which is how it should be, Barton needs to earn it.

It should be the manager, and then the board should back the manager as much as they can

If the manager feels as though a player is deserving of a contract, they should trust him

Edit: Imagine if SAF was told he had no say in what players were offered contracts?

Edited by StoneColdStephenIreland

It should be the manager, and then the board should back the manager as much as they can

If the manager feels as though a player is deserving of a contract, they should trust him

Edit: Imagine if SAF was told he had no say in what players were offered contracts?

The manager has to earn the right. SAF can't be cited as the norm.

Pardew publicly got in a huff at West Ham over Tevez and Mascherano being signed over his head, so he will certainly be involved.

I think the only thing Pardew doesn't have any say on is contracts. Llambias is certainly calling the shots over the Barton saga. Which is how it should be, Barton needs to earn it.

I don't think this is relevant to the current situation. I reckon Pardew was desperate for the toon job, in fact couldn't believe his luck, and was/is prepared to do exactly as he's told in return for the chance to prepare and picking the team. These DoF type arrangements would have been made crystal clear when he negotiated his contract (in the weeks leading up to the sacking of Hughton, when Pardew claimed he wasn't even speaking to the club). The board would have gone to lengths to avoid a Keegan Mk II scenario in this respect.

I reckon the primary reason Pardew was brought in was his willingness to work within this DoF structure. We've probably had this m.o. all along, it just went underground with Wise's departure. I wouldn't be surprised if Hughton increasingly wanted to call the shots on incomings/outgoings and was frozen out and then sacked as a result (not sure how the Perch/best signings fit in with this view mind you). I also wouldn't be surprised if this was one of the main reasons Shearer didn't get the job following our relegation.

All conjecture of course. :(

I don't think this is relevant to the current situation. I reckon Pardew was desperate for the toon job, in fact couldn't believe his luck, and was/is prepared to do exactly as he's told in return for the chance to prepare and picking the team. These DoF type arrangements would have been made crystal clear when he negotiated his contract (in the weeks leading up to the sacking of Hughton, when Pardew claimed he wasn't even speaking to the club). The board would have gone to lengths to avoid a Keegan Mk II scenario in this respect.

I reckon the primary reason Pardew was brought in was his willingness to work within this DoF structure. We've probably had this m.o. all along, it just went underground with Wise's departure. I wouldn't be surprised if Hughton increasingly wanted to call the shots on incomings/outgoings and was frozen out and then sacked as a result (not sure how the Perch/best signings fit in with this view mind you). I also wouldn't be surprised if this was one of the main reasons Shearer didn't get the job following our relegation.

I think you could very well be right.

Pardew has shown he's a stubborn guy, so it has to be relevant to people claiming he's little to no input on transfers.

The F in DoF stand for Football, and Wise went ages ago. Llambias only cares about the money. While this may seem like splitting hair to most people, as the result is the same (the manager doesn't have total control). There is actually a massive difference. A DoF wants to control and shape the team, so has a vested interest in players. Llambias interest imo stops at will they have a resale value.