Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This team with Ginola on the left and Nobby on the right would be awesome.

So that's all we need then, to sign 2 players as good as the best 2 wingers the club has had in 30 years.

You should work for the club, genius ;)

There's no chance imo we'll go out and buy a load of new players though, neither Ashley nor Pardew have shown that's how they work (so far). We'd probably have to shift Obertan first before we acquire one further winger (let alone two) which means admitting that he's failed. In fact this summer window might be more about who leaves/has to leave before someone can come in.........Smith and Loven probably will go but we also need to shift the likes of Xisco, Ranger etc before we can get in a lot of new faces. This based on the focus on controlling wage costs.

I'd guess the chances of two new wingers are zero esp with Marveaux yet to come in properly.

Quaresma has been getting a load of stick this past couple of years, basically because everbody hyped him massively & he didn't turn out to be as good as they'd hoped.

technically still very gifted. just his attitude. likes being the big fish.. in the small pond.

There's no chance imo we'll go out and buy a load of new players though, neither Ashley nor Pardew have shown that's how they work (so far). We'd probably have to shift Obertan first before we acquire one further winger (let alone two) which means admitting that he's failed. In fact this summer window might be more about who leaves/has to leave before someone can come in.........Smith and Loven probably will go but we also need to shift the likes of Xisco, Ranger etc before we can get in a lot of new faces. This based on the focus on controlling wage costs.

I'd guess the chances of two new wingers are zero esp with Marveaux yet to come in properly.

Theres a couple good ones available, if they rate Barnetta or Hoilett I can see us going for 1 of them cos they are free. Though im not sure how much compensation Hoilett will demand. Anyway, I like Jonas but the fact that he is absolutely untouchable atm rankles a little bit. We can certainly accomodate one good winger. As you say though it will be interesting to see if we will try to move Obertan on. I think we will try, but fail.

So that's all we need then, to sign 2 players as good as the best 2 wingers the club has had in 30 years.

You should work for the club, genius ;)

Well as we've upgraded the Midfield and now the strike force I see no reason why the wings shouldn't be next. No one says they have to be the best out there, just an improvement on what we have which shouldnt be that hard.

Depends how they view what we have and what they see as needed to push on next year. Add to that what Graham Carr can unearth.

The last couple of years has seen us upgrade positions so I see no reason why this wont continue.

As Parkys HTT post says, the likes of the players we have are not going to want to continually play hoof football.

Depends how they view what we have and what they see as needed to push on next year. Add to that what Graham Carr can unearth.

The last couple of years has seen us upgrade positions so I see no reason why this wont continue.

As Parkys HTT post says, the likes of the players we have are not going to want to continually play hoof football.

It's not as straightforward as you think, otherwise Obertan wouldn't be a dud footballer with an odd head. And the club will continue to watch every penny, which means a small squad imo. I'd guess one winger max, if Obertan can be moved on........but it's just a guess obviously

I can't believe how quickly people alter their expectations. The season isn't even over and people are saying Pardew may not be the person to kick us further on?

How about we see where we are when the dust has settled and then assess what the next step is? I challenge anybody to say they'd anticipated a season where, early March we're in 6th spot and have a decent chance of European football next year.

I'm all for being aware of shortcomings, but the players can't take all the credit for our league position, certainly not when Pardew is generally blamed for defeat. I looked at the early games of the season and remember remarking to friends how pleased I was that we seemed to be well drilled at the back, and how we seemed to be able to close games off. That's down to coaching.

Yeah but what's 0x0...Yeah right...Yeah. Yeah you didn't see that coming did yah.

Pardew talked about getting some ball playing midfielders in not because he wanted to play like Bacelona but because he knew this: there is very little between the middle and the bottom of the premier league. He knew that to turn a few draws around into wins, you just need players that on average will do better than the opposition. Retaining a bit more possession, making a higher % of passes, these are the little things that turn 0 points into 1 and 1 point into 3.

The job of the manager is to understand and control this, allowing players to flourish and put in performance levels that turn games to your advantage. The approach is not game specific, its season specific and comes from encouraging a consistency of performance over time. This is management.

Yeah but what's 0x0...Yeah right...Yeah. Yeah you didn't see that coming did yah.

:lol:

I believe 0x0 is powdered meat stock?

I can't believe how quickly people alter their expectations. The season isn't even over and people are saying Pardew may not be the person to kick us further on?

How about we see where we are when the dust has settled and then assess what the next step is? I challenge anybody to say they'd anticipated a season where, early March we're in 6th spot and have a decent chance of European football next year.

I'm all for being aware of shortcomings, but the players can't take all the credit for our league position, certainly not when Pardew is generally blamed for defeat. I looked at the early games of the season and remember remarking to friends how pleased I was that we seemed to be well drilled at the back, and how we seemed to be able to close games off. That's down to coaching.

Spot on.

I would be interested in seeing how much ground we're covering as a team because watching Sunderland against us reminded me of the work we put in as a team in the first half of the season, we don't seem to be working to that level any more.

We wouldn't have beaten Man Utd 3-0 with playing nice one-touch football. We battered them with long balls and high pressing, simple as. Instead of praising a manager that has our team over-achieving people resort to call for his head. Embarrassing really.

Newcastle United enjoyed an evening of success at the Sport Newcastle awards, with manager Alan Pardew winning the Sports Personality of the Year honour.

Pardew, 50, has guided the Magpies into contention for European football in the Premier League this season, winning 12 of 27 top flight games.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...tball/17270854?

Edited by Baggio

We wouldn't have beaten Man Utd 3-0 with playing nice one-touch football. We battered them with long balls and high pressing, simple as. Instead of praising a manager that has our team over-achieving people resort to call for his head. Embarrassing really.

I dont think anyone on this forum has called for his head.

However it is understandable how frustrated people are with the hoof ball and lack of creativity considering the the quality within the team.

Who's a ''proper winger'' then Christmas Tree & why?

Tom, you know I only follow Newcastle and have no idea who the current best wingers are out there. But Im talking people who can do the following things.

Receive the ball and distribute towards the penalty area first time for a forward to run on to.

Receive the ball and cross it first time for a forward to attack.

Receive a ball and race forward getting a cross into a dangerous area for a forward to attack.

Receive the ball and dribble goal wards before shooting or sliding in an inch perfect ball for a forward to tap in.

I dont know why anybody argues this point with me as these are the weak areas of our team. The closest we seem to have to this is Marveaux (injured and unproven yet) or Ben Arfa (needs to play for the rest of the season and either do or die).

Obertan is so far still a headless chicken, Taylor is just shite and Jonas while a grafter struggles to do any of the above.

If, as you say, you don't know much about football in general, dont you think it would be best to not comment on tactical issues which it's clear you know jack shit about. I mean how often do you see someone cross the ball first time successfully? You're also forgetting that a wingers job is a lot more than just creating chances, especially in our traditional 4-4-2.

I dont think anyone on this forum has called for his head.

However it is understandable how frustrated people are with the hoof ball and lack of creativity considering the the quality within the team.

I think Pardew has us playing differently from game to game, looking for weaknesses in the opposition. Man Utd did have a weakness in defence without the physical Vidic, so he used it to our advantage.

Plus - I don't think "hoof ball" is all down to his instructions - look at the Derby game. It was down to the fact that the Mackems stopped us playing and started a war, as Pardew remarked in his post match interviews.

The whole Pardew out brigade seems to be a N-O thing anyway, basically they fall into 2 categories of wanting him out for not playing Ben Arfa every game or they never wanted him in the first place as they were firmly in the Hughton camp so are looking for any reason to have a go.

HTT made the point that Pardew would have to come 6th to equal the achievements of Hughton, which just about sums the bloke up.

Nobody is saying Pardew is the best manager out there but we're going in the right direction and the owner and more importantly the players like him, judging by them being happy to either sign or commit to longer contracts while he's in charge.