Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think you're right to mention the Man Utd game where hoofball worked effectively with Ba and Ameobi winning a lot of headers against a gifted side on the floor. After Ba and Cisse got back, and then still when Cabaye and Tiote returned, we were still playing hoofball and Ben Arfa was on the bench. That was what puzzled me, 'cos he seemed loathed to change things until we were heading for defeat in the derby. Anyway, all is forgiven now - it just seemed odd at the time since we'd had success playing decent football earlier in the season and clearly did not have the players suited to long ball Stoke tactics anyway.

Going back to what I said the other week about HTT's view that it's the quality of player that's got us 6th and it's all been done in spite of Pardew...

Perch the last few games is another example of how he's got some very average players playing above themselves, we've seen it at various stages throughout the season where he's had some of our squad players slotting in and doing a capable job, of course he's not going to get them playing above themselves ever week because they're not great players but we've given plenty of playing time to mid table (at best) players and they've done an acceptable job when called upon.

I loved his comments about seeing what spot to challenge for when we go into the last 6 games, especially since we've won 3 in a row with 7 left to play.

I think there are better managers out there for us out there with our roster of continental superstar players,

but you cant really complain about 6th, its very good.

I remember the Graham carr interview where he said they drilled defense 4 days a week and leave fridays for offensive tactics.

That has to change, its a bit of a waste with our players.

We are good going forward, but we can be great. I do think Pardew talks alot of bullshit, but he is the best fit for us right now.

As long as he starts Ba Cisse and HBA I have no complaints.

I think there are better managers out there for us out there with our roster of continental superstar players,

but you cant really complain about 6th, its very good.

I remember the Graham carr interview where he said they drilled defense 4 days a week and leave fridays for offensive tactics.

That has to change, its a bit of a waste with our players.

We are good going forward, but we can be great. I do think Pardew talks alot of bullshit, but he is the best fit for us right now.

As long as he starts Ba Cisse and HBA I have no complaints.

Graham Carr never said that.

Never thought I'd see the day ^

What? I always give credit where it's due. I'm not one of these types that likes stick to their guns in the hope that they are proven right and can say I told you so. (You all know who you are ;) )

I was very critical about Pardew a few weeks ago after dropping points against the scum and Wolves at home when he started the games too negatively with Ben Arfa on the bench.

But fair play to him hes not been afraid to change things round and its paying off.

Like others have said, he's getting some very good performances from some very average players but more importantly he seems to have played a blinder with Ben Arfa. I still think he could have made better use of him earlier (the Swansea game immediately springs to mind) but what he has done is something that we've failed at a few times in the past and that's getting a player who's came here from another league who wasn't immediately suited, and got him playing well and fitting in with our style. That can only be a positive thing for the future.

Why wasnt he suited though. Suited to us in general, or pardews original hoofball philosophy?

I am all for getting behind our manager, but it can quickly become a bit one-sided if we automatically blame Ben arfa for not fitting in.

It may well be the case, but there is usually two sides to a story ( or three..)

Edited by Lake Bells tits

If Pardew cracks getting Ben Arfa to perform as a world class player week in week out, he will have done a lot more than Deschamps, Le Guen or Gerets ever did.

If you listen to what Pardew has said, the reasons for his inclusion in the side and better performances should be pretty clear too.

An Evening with Alan Pardew, Lancastrian Suite, the People’s Republic of Dunston 29/Mar/12

PardewLarge.jpg

There was once a code in the media which determined that anything that was said at a Talk-In remained inside the room. However, in the days of Twitter-feeds, Facebook, Fans’ Forums, Joey Barton being shopped to Derek Llambias et al that code has now largely been broken. Having had a true faith table at the Alan Pardew Talk-In in aid of Wembley-bound Dunston UTS FC (nee “Fed”) on 29/Mar/12, we were never going to let on about what the manager had said as we didn’t consider it good form but well, if every newspaper in the NE can quote little bits and bobs of the Talk-In and present it as their interviews, then we can summarise the lot for you here. Eyes down for the full quota:

1. Loves being at Newcastle United and has no desire to go anywhere else.

2. Ashley now describes himself as a “difficult seller” and Pardew is happy with that. He trusts Ashley “to a degree”. He believes Ashley wants to make a go of Newcastle United.

3. Hatem Ben Arfa is the most naturally gifted player he has ever worked with and that includes Carlos Tevez.

4. Andy Carroll wanted to leave and asked for a transfer. Carroll looked him in the eye and asked for the move to Liverpool. Pardew will not have players at the club who aren’t 100% focused on being at Newcastle United. H e believes his agent Mark Curtis made the deal happen.

5. There is a world of difference between being 90% focused and 100%. He had told Mike Ashley that £25m and the £30m was not enough for Carroll.

6. He believes Kevin Nolan is capable of going into management and it was he who introduced the hand-shakes with everyone at the training ground every morning which he thinks instils a kind of unity. He clearly thinks a lot of Nolan, still.

7. Feeling loved will count more than money in keeping Demba Ba at Newcastle United. Pardew urges the supporters to make Ba feel loved. Ba is a very spiritual person.

8. Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse wear briefs in the showers as part of their Muslim faith.

9. We have signed a centre-half for the summer. He acknowledges we need a left-back.

10. Of all the players who have left United, Enrique is the one that upset him most. He blamed the departure on the history Enrique had with Ashley/Llambias and that Jose couldn’t see the big picture.

11. Fabricio Collocini is the most important player at Newcastle United. Chieck Tiote is a close second.

12. Tiote smashes into players every day in training. He also has a Witch Doctor he goes to for fitness.

13. We tried to sign Oxlade-Chamberlain from Southampton but were priced out.

14. Pardew really rates Southampton’s Rickie Lambert, who he expects to do well in the Premier League.

15. Ashley trusts the team he has of Carr-Llambias-Charnley-Pardew.

16. John Carver is the best possible No.2 he could have. Especially at Newcastle United. Carver tells him what is happening out amongst the Geordie public.

17. Pardew is exasperated by young players who are in their teens at the Academy who have achieved nothing but who are flying around in motors thinking they have arrived. They haven’t.

18. He heard about the gambling debt rumours as the reason he was working for Mike Ashley. Quite rightly he didn’t even dignify it with a response.

19. Playing non-league and being a late starter gives him a great appreciation of the professional life and it maddens him when players don’t appreciate it.

20. Understands the prices working people to support their team.

21. He waffled a bit but there’s no way he’d give Alan Shearer a job at United, even though he didn’t say it quite like that. He thinks he should get out and take a job at a lower level and work his way up.

22. He loves James Perch’s attitude.

23. He’s never driven a taxi. He has worked on building sites.

24. Nile Ranger doesn’t understand what it means to be a professional footballer.

25. He loves Shola Ameobi who he regards as a great character.

26. He values work-rate, application and dedication ahead of talent.

27. He reckoned Ashley and Llambias were pissed after his first game when we beat Liverpool 3-1 at SJP. He loved that first experience of SJP. He loves home games and loves looking around SJP on match days, loves the buzz.

28. The press doesn’t bother him, he has no time for them. He calculated that according to press speculation Chelsea will spend £300m this summer, Laughed off stories linking Krul and Tiote to Chelsea on the basis they don’t even have a manager.

29. He hasn’t spoken Ferguson since we beat Man U 3-0 in January.

30. He got bladdered at the Tuxedo Princess (aka The Boat) and danced on the revolving dance floor after Gazza scored a wonder goal to knock Palace out the FAC. The Palace players had little shots off whisky before the game but Ian Wright had loads and he reckons he was pissed on the pitch.

He was articulate, passionate, self-confident diplomatic and down-to-earth. He was warmly applauded on and off the stage.

And that was probably it as he did one. And missed the worst comedian it will be your misfortune to ever see. The Pie and Peas were canny though it almost got ugly as some fought over a buckshee pie one of the lasses brought out. The night however did not end in a fork fight in the car park.

That Is All.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/features.nsf/0/AD321B5211C80BB0802579D40075A70B?OpenDocument

Edited by Baggio

Said some good things today and imo successfully keeping a lid on the CL thing. I suspect he understands that we're now almost in a win-win scenario and has been at his psychological best last couple of weeks.

All credit to Pardew like. I think we are seeing a decent manager turn into a very good manager.

Having been an early fan of his, I did start to doubt him a few months back when he couldn't seem to get everything firing but hats off to him.

Whether it's his media stuff, keeping the group happy, getting the best out of the Perch's and Rtaylors or even his tactics, he keeps getting better.

Very pleased we've got him and just hope the FA or Tottenham etc don't come sniffing.

In terms of Premier League Games played (55) Pardew is now our longest serving manager apart from Sir Berb, King Kev and Cunt Kenny.

2 more games and he'll leap-frog the cunt anaarl.

Surprising, impressive and reassuring.