Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pleased to see him get a round of "one Alan Pardew" yesterday. Seems to have reached the tipping point where he's got the majority convinced.

He had his hand straight up to acknowledge it like. :lol:

Especially for the 'Give us a wave' chants, even Steve Harper had some resolve for those!

In terms of Premier League Games played (55) Pardew is now our longest serving manager apart from Sir Berb, King Kev and Cunt Kenny.

2 more games and he'll leap-frog the cunt anaarl.

Surprising, impressive and reassuring.

Particularly given the other three had vast sums at their disposal and Pardew has had to do it on a shoestring and with good players sold from underneath him.

The Pardew-out brigade on NO are actually claiming credit for our recent form saying that now he is putting out teams to play the way they have been saying we should, we are now seeing the benefit.

Stunning arrogance.

The Pardew-out brigade on NO are actually claiming credit for our recent form saying that now he is putting out teams to play the way they have been saying we should, we are now seeing the benefit.

Stunning arrogance.

It's amazing what running @NUFCFans and having a few thousand followers on Twitter can do.

Championship Manager experts. It's just as simple as dragging numbers onto a white board and telling them to go and stand in those positions man.

right, im tired of being painted with this brush, people who actually play FM on here (from the thread in the games forum) Besty, Me, 2Bias, khay, The Fish, McFaul, Mighty Hog, Nyff, 2J and Ant

stop lumping us in with the mongs, who are just that, mongs, not people who play a footy game

I like the quote from Pardew today on Ben Arfa.....

“I don’t give him too much information offensively.

“Somebody like Hatem, you’ve got to let them have their world and it is his world when he has the ball. When he hasn’t had it, that’s when I focus on him.”

Championship Manager experts. It's just as simple as dragging numbers onto a white board and telling them to go and stand in those positions man.

right, im tired of being painted with this brush, people who actually play FM on here (from the thread in the games forum) Besty, Me, 2Bias, khay, The Fish, McFaul, Mighty Hog, Nyff, 2J and Ant

stop lumping us in with the mongs, who are just that, mongs, not people who play a footy game

I haven't lumped you in with anyone. :lol:

The fact is though that a lot of people that play football management games think that because they've basically sussed a spreadsheet, they know a bit more about football or management than your average punter. And they don't.

Don't be so sensitive about it though.

I haven't lumped you in with anyone. :lol:

The fact is though that a lot of people that play football management games think that because they've basically sussed a spreadsheet, they know a bit more about football or management than your average punter. And they don't.

Don't be so sensitive about it though.

its not just you that does it.

who? on here who?

as I said, its not just you that does it, yours was just the one that caught me in a mood :razz:

Alan Pardew has proved critics wrong as Newcastle aim even higher

'Pardiola' ignored last summer's criticism and now his inspiring coaching and meticulous attention to detail are threatening to take Newcastle into the Champions League

Alan Pardew has a new nickname. Plain old "Pards" no longer seems quite appropriate for a manager responsible for turning a team widely tipped as relegation fodder into Champions League contenders, so these days Newcastle United fans salute "Pardiola".

Remember last summer? When the Tynesiders not only off-loaded Joey Barton, Kevin Nolan and José Enrique but refrained from investing heavily in a replacement for Andy Carroll, the so‑called experts predicted calamity.

Pardew simply kept his own counsel and watched Demba Ba, a free transfer arrival from West Ham, quickly rattle in 16 goals, while Yohan Cabaye, a £4m playmaking recruit from Lille, helped retune Newcastle's game to a more rhythmic, possession-based wavelength.

Once January came, another striker, the £9m Papiss Cissé signed from Freiburg, joined a club where the manager's inspiring coaching and meticulous attention to training-pitch detail have seen previously unsung journeymen, including James Perch, Mike Williamson, Ryan Taylor and Danny Guthrie, hit unforeseen heights.

Naturally there have been odd blips along the way. Only two months ago everybody laughed when Tottenham fans struck up an ironic chorus of "Pardew for England", as their team sent five goals flying into the back of Tim Krul's net. Since then, though, Spurs have won only once in eight league games, Newcastle's notoriously complex France forward Hatem Ben Arfa has hit such a hot streak that he is being likened to Lionel Messi and Cissé cannot seem to stop scoring.

Five successive wins – featuring the concession of only one goal – have placed Newcastle level on points with Tottenham and two ahead of sixth-placed Chelsea. Suddenly, the Europa League no longer represents the pinnacle of this season's ambitions at St James' Park, where the powers that be are breathing private sighs of relief that Tottenham's Harry Redknapp seems the Football Association's nailed-on choice as England's next manager.

While the critics carp about Redknapp's lack of Plan Bs and deployment of substitutes, Pardew's players rave about his tactical articulacy and astute man-management. Some of Ben Arfa's old managers in France found the infamously moody forward, who rarely looked them in the eye, let alone smiled, almost as tricky as Mario Balotelli but, these days, Ben Arfa is in the habit of high-fiving the man finally extracting something near his full potential.

If Pardew has been happy to indulge his No10's desire to reconnect with his north African roots during regular visits to family in Tunis, Ben Arfa is more than repaying such faith by shining on the right of Newcastle's revamped front three from where, on Monday, he scored a contender for goal of the season against Bolton. "It was incredible," Cissé says. "It would be worthy of Lionel Messi himself. Maybe even Messi could not have done that."

Later in the same game, Cissé claimed his 10th goal in nine appearances. "It's fabulous here," the Senegal international enthuses. "It's magnificent. My goals are all down to my team-mates, Shola Ameobi's pass for my latest one was perfect."

Pardew's use of the elder Ameobi as a game-changing substitute is becoming a hallmark of a campaign in which he has tailored his strategies to opposition vulnerabilities. While Norwich were beaten by Newcastle sitting on a slender lead, West Bromwich Albion came undone in the face of winger-propelled counterattacks and Liverpool were thoroughly out-passed and out-moved. "We've got a tactical base," Pardew says. "But from it we can turn to a few different systems."

Equally important is the extraordinary spirit fostered at a club where wages are no longer excessive, individual bonuses have been strictly rationed and French is the first language of several first-teamers. Pardew's feat in fully assimilating an eclectic cross-section of nationalities, cultures and religions is epitomised by his series of national theme events at the training ground. While Jonás Gutiérrez and Fabricio Coloccini enjoyed Argentina day, the curried goat went down a storm during Africa Day.

"Liz, the club chef, did a really great job and cooked a Senegalese dish called Yassa," Cissé says. "It's curried goat and it was fantastic. I loved it. It's another example of how the club has made me feel so welcome and I appreciated it very much. I spoke to Demba Ba before I came here and he told me how good it was. It's been really easy to fit in. Everyone has helped me, especially the manager. It's not difficult to be happy here. I felt at home straightaway."

Not that Cissé is averse to prospective European adventures next season. "It would be fantastic for this club to be in the Champions League, that's my dream," he says. "Everyone's trying to stay calm but we are now so close; it's within touching distance."

Here's a list of our Premiership seasons points wise since the league changed to 20 teams.

95/96 - 78

96/97 - 68

97/98 - 44

98/99 - 46

99/00 - 52

00/01 - 51

01/02 - 71

02/03 - 69

03/04 - 56

04/05 - 44

05/06 - 58

06/07 - 46

07/08 - 43

08/09 - 34

10/11 - 46

11/12 - 59 so far

5 games still to go, I think the Keegan/Dalglish season and the 3rd place finish under Sir Bob are too far out of reach for Pardiola.

Edited by Baggio

Aye, more mid table sameness was most widely predicted.....wheres that article from?..... apart from seemingly Pardew's mum.....Ive never heard anyone call him Pardiola :lol:

Louise Taylor in the Guardian. the one who also nicknamed cabaye 'dreamboat' and can't stop eulogising over Santon.

Not sure where this idea most people saw us in the relegation places comes from. A couple of people may have said it, "Widely tipped?" Bollocks. 7 teams had shorter odds

http://www.thatsagoa...ps-201112/1608/

We were a daft outside bet for some haters.

The article btw is from everyones favourite, Louise.

As for relegation fodder I would agree thats a tad strong, however there was quite a bit of fear having lost Carrol, Enrique and Nolan with Barton also looking a likely departure.

I think a lot were hedging there bets on whether we would get a striker in.

Although if Pardiola had listened to HTT and signed Collins John in the January window we would have had the fire power to have us 3rd already.

Get over yourself man.

Aye, more mid table sameness was most widely predicted.....wheres that article from?..... apart from seemingly Pardew's mum.....Ive never heard anyone call him Pardiola

I called him it on the SMB the other day, before I'd seen the article. Got a couple of insta-bites off it.

Aye, more mid table sameness was most widely predicted.....wheres that article from?..... apart from seemingly Pardew's mum.....Ive never heard anyone call him Pardiola :lol:

Louise Taylor in the Guardian. the one who also nicknamed cabaye 'dreamboat' and can't stop eulogising over Santon.

She didn't come up with Dreamboat, she just steals the crack off Twitter.