Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aye, more mid table sameness was most widely predicted.....wheres that article from?..... apart from seemingly Pardew's mum.....Ive never heard anyone call him Pardiola :lol:

Louise Taylor in the Guardian. the one who also nicknamed cabaye 'dreamboat' and can't stop eulogising over Santon.

I think she changes her alleigences subject to who is leaving a damp patch in her knickers.....she had a major wide on for Keane...maybe "Pardiola" comes from pillow talk with the great amn himself??!!

Although if Pardiola had listened to HTT and signed Collins John in the January window we would have had the fire power to have us 3rd already.

Whereas if he'd listened to you he'd have sold Ben Arfa.

First post a defence of HTT. Let's hope things pick up from here. :razz:

Although if Pardiola had listened to HTT and signed Collins John in the January window we would have had the fire power to have us 3rd already.

Whereas if he'd listened to you he'd have sold Ben Arfa.

First post a defence of HTT. Let's hope things pick up from here. :razz:

:lol:

It's funny how people read this forum but choose not to bother posting unless it's to defend one of their chums over the road, it makes you wonder how often they are viewing here. For example I make a comment about HTT and within minutes someone has made their first post to defend him, another example is I said on here a few weeks back that I was just reading N-O and literally within 2 minutes that IP had been banned :lol:

Now on to Bernard Righton...

My views on Ben Arfa are here > http://www.toontasti...ost__p__1022640

However if Pardew continued to leave him out then I would be all for selling him, that goes for any of our players as there is not much point in having someone in the squad that you won't play.

He was terrible in the number 10 role btw like I told you all :)

Edited by Baggio

Is HTT the lad who writes a lot, doesn't know anything about football and didn't go to a game at SJP before he was 18? If so, I'm surprised you two don't get along like a house on fire, what with having so much in common.

He's got coaching badges apparently.

Louise Taylor really is touching herself while she writes about Pardew this season like. I haven't got much problem with her tbh, cos she is a very good writer and she does seem to have a reasonable grasp of football, unlike certain other journos. I really don't see a problem with names like 'Pardiola', it's a reference to Pardew doing so well that he can be compared to Guardiola, not us slandering Guardiola's name and somehow crudely stating that Pardew is better than him. Happens all the time, I've been to Watford games where they've called Darius Henderson the next Pele, is that just as criminal?

Louise Taylor really is touching herself while she writes about Pardew this season like. I haven't got much problem with her tbh, cos she is a very good writer and she does seem to have a reasonable grasp of football, unlike certain other journos. I really don't see a problem with names like 'Pardiola', it's a reference to Pardew doing so well that he can be compared to Guardiola, not us slandering Guardiola's name and somehow crudely stating that Pardew is better than him. Happens all the time, I've been to Watford games where they've called Darius Henderson the next Pele, is that just as criminal?

Apart from having an anti-NUFC agenda at times and making stories up, i.e. Barton's Hitler salute and the 'Islamaphobia' of a few fans basically taking the piss out of a player who fancied himself by saying he looked like a notorious shoe bomber after a couple other clubs supporters had done the same without the 'Islamaphobic' tag in their cases. Aye she's alright for a laugh, like.

I think there are better managers out there for us out there with our roster of continental superstar players,

but you cant really complain about 6th, its very good.

I remember the Graham carr interview where he said they drilled defense 4 days a week and leave fridays for offensive tactics.

That has to change, its a bit of a waste with our players.

We are good going forward, but we can be great. I do think Pardew talks alot of bullshit, but he is the best fit for us right now.

As long as he starts Ba Cisse and HBA I have no complaints.

You sir are a mug.

Alex?

What happened to Alex btw? I haven't seen him around here for ages.

Sold into slavery

Kidnapped by aliens

Swimming with the fishes

Spending all his time train spotting

Standing for MP

One of these is apparently true......

I think there are better managers out there for us out there with our roster of continental superstar players,

I remember the Graham carr interview where he said they drilled defense 4 days a week and leave fridays for offensive tactics.

We are good going forward, but we can be great. I do think Pardew talks alot of bullshit, but he is the best fit for us right now.

You sir are a mug.

:lol: No word of PUGATRON's post is a lie.

You sir are a mug.

:lol: No word of PUGATRON's post is a lie.

he called him "sir"

Pardew has vastly exceeded all of my expectations. So much so that some of the things that annoyed me about him in the early days now only endear me to him further.

He's not perfect, but nobody is and all that you can ask is that mistakes are learned from. For the most part that has been the case with Pardew - he now changes things up earlier in the piece if things aren't working as an example.

Speaking of learning from mistakes we (the fans) need to stop worrying about managers who MIGHT do better given some of abject failures we have had to put up with other the years.

We should stick with what with have and try and get some sort of stability rather than picking apart every poor aspect of Pardew's gameplan.

"From day one I’ve tried to be open and honest about the financial model we’re operating. I understood the fans’ initial resentment.

"Mike (Ashley) set out to make Newcastle self-financing and I knew exactly what that framework entailed when I took the job in December 2010.

"I’ve aimed to be transparent with the supporters and give them clarity about what we are trying to achieve and how we will operate in the transfer market. They know that in certain circumstances we will sell players.

From day 1 he was saying he was 100% sure we'd keep Carroll. Think he learned his lesson there and it's been since about day 55 that he's been a bit more clever.

That's it. He wasn't worth £35M. Kinda why we couldn't turn it down. Of course it would have been nice to keep him, but without we'd not have the players we are stronger for having.

The deal now is we don't borrow to operate. Like Arsenal we have to generate the funds for players. Be it through increasing profitable revenue or indeed moving some players on.

I've come to accept this so long as I can see it working. At the moment it is.

That's it. He wasn't worth £35M. Kinda why we couldn't turn it down. Of course it would have been nice to keep him, but without we'd not have the players we are stronger for having.

The deal now is we don't borrow to operate. Like Arsenal we have to generate the funds for players. Be it through increasing profitable revenue or indeed moving some players on.

Spot on.

Alan Pardew is leading the way in new thinking

FOR Alan Pardew, it has always been about laying the foundations.

From his days as an apprentice glazier working on a building site in the City of London in the late seventies to today’s incarnation as the most successful Newcastle manager since Sir Bobby Robson, he has always made sure that the bases are covered.

Down at the club’s Benton training base there are all the signs that Pardew’s “vision” – a philosophy that he set out to the United board from his first interview for the job – is being adhered to. From mobile phone etiquette to the way everyone has bought into the new “culture”, there is a goal and purpose about the club nowadays.

But it is not just about the metaphorical building blocks that have helped return structure, drive and success to Newcastle United. It is also about his own personal back story – about traversing the route less travelled into the world of professional football.

In a revealing interview with ‘The Manager’ – the official trade magazine of the League Managers’ Association – Pardew (pictured left) draws a direct correlation between his life before professional football and the way he is able to work with mavericks like Hatem Ben Arfa.

It is a personal story that he believes gives him a unique perspective – and advantage – over some of his managerial rivals.

The United manager says: “It was a very important route because you understand the workplace and what the media represents to the working man.

“When I was a glazier I was reading the newspaper every day and that was my only insight into the football world. When you play in non-League football you meet a cross-section of characters that you don’t meet in professional football.

“You might have a company chief executive and a dustbin man playing side-by-side in the same non-league team.

“So you come across many characters from different walks of life whereas in professional football you have football-focussed individuals who have based most of their upbringing on football because it was going to be their career from day one.

“Due to the playing route that I took I’ve experienced diversity of character, so when I come across what may be classed as a ‘difficult or enigmatic character’ in the football world it’s not much of a problem for me.”

Zig-zagging from his past to the present, Pardew talks of the importance of the “clarity” of his vision.

It is about making sure people know what is expected of them – but also about nailing down the specifics of everything from player behaviour to the way the team is expected to play the game.

It is a fascinating insight, especially when the Newcastle boss speaks of convincing the United board with his philosophy of encouraging his teams to stay “on the front foot”.

He says: “When a football manager joins a club, he needs to make sure that he is looking at the whole club and he’s putting down a foundation and a clear vision of where he is going, because that clarity and communication can actually buy you another game.

“If you don’t do that and you lose four or five consecutive matches there’s a good chance that you are in big trouble.

“If the club can see you are trying to work with the budget that they have presented you with, trying to inspire people, trying to create a good work ethic at the football club then it might buy you an extra game.

“If I was a chairman I think I’d want to hear that type of clarity coming from my manager from the outset and what my manager was going to bring to this football club. I’ve always gone into interviews and said that I can over-achieve because I believe that I can by creating the environments where I can achieve.

“Sometimes you are not given the time, issues can arise that affect things. If there’s any advice that I would give a young manager it would be to get the clarity of their vision and ability across from the start.

“You must convey clearly and concisely the brand of football that you want to play and how you are going to achieve it. My brand of football has always been the same – to try to win the game whatever the odds, within the tactical game plan that we have.

“This is usually on the front foot and making it very, very difficult for opponents.”

That “clarity” has been the same at Newcastle – even if it hasn’t always been popular.

“I do think that the clarity of the budget is important,” he said.

“Some fans may not be entirely happy with the amount we have to spend but at least they know the whole picture. When you look at the world economy and where football is at the moment, we’re seeing some really tough times.

“We’ve seen examples of Portsmouth and Rangers in Scotland that show if you overstretch you are going to find yourself in serious trouble and you are putting the club’s future at risk. At Newcastle we’ve got a good foundation and a good financial model and now the question is whether we can bring success within that model?

“That’s the challenge that I accepted when I joined the club and so far we are doing well and can hopefully continue to grow as we go along.”

Pardew adds that he is grateful for a staff that have “bought into” his vision.

He said: “First of all you start with your staff, because if they don’t have the same passion as you to convey the message then you are not going to be able to do it on your own.

“You need a staff that can take the message forward for you and continue it when you may be away from the training ground, dealing with other club obligations.

“If your staff don’t carry it through then there is a lack of continuity and it becomes ‘wishy washy’.

“If I saw a staff member ignore one of our players using a mobile phone in the treatment room and not dealing with the situation, then that staff member is going to be in trouble with me on that occasion rather than the player. I’m reliant on that staff member to realise the significance of the culture we are building within the club.

“I’m very lucky that I inherited so many good staff at Newcastle United who have completely bought into what we are doing.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/04/18/alan-pardew-sheds-light-on-managerial-philosophy-61634-30782618/#ixzz1sNU5Tv6d

This bit

“We’ve seen examples of Portsmouth and Rangers in Scotland that show if you overstretch you are going to find yourself in serious trouble and you are putting the club’s future at risk. At Newcastle we’ve got a good foundation and a good financial model and now the question is whether we can bring success within that model?

Its an interesting point. However, I think it is easy to point at the worst situations and say "beware, this could happen". And while it is true we also know it is the far end of the scale. That said, he makes a good point. If I back track a bit. When we had KK (v1) we played a certain style of football. Attractive, flowing fast football. If we had won the league then many have said that the rest of football would likely have employed that style, as it was seen to have worked.

The club is trying a different football model. As LM has rightly pointed out, in the past clubs have had to spend big to achieve anything. Clubs now either have to borrow big and risk their future to a degree or have a sugar daddy to throw millions in. But, we are trying it different. Just because it is different doesnt mean it wont work. I would say us and Arsenal have this kind of model. I think if the club proves it can work (and it is hard to dismiss it at the moment) then perhaps other clubs might look at it and try.

So what is the difference between what we are doing to what other mid table teams are doing? Why has it worked for us and not others (so far)? I can only put it down to a) accepting the AC deal put millions back in to the club allowing us to buy where perhaps we would not have and B) having a good scout to identify the players. Without both of these a) and B) working, we would be mid table. Look at sunderland. they spent a stack of money but are average? You could argue that the players are fine and the manager (then Bruce) was to blame. Or perhaps not all of the signings were good enough. More likely with them it was the lack of a plan in that they have a week forward line

Basically Im saying that just because their financial model hasnt been tried before doesnt mean it it impossible for it to work.

Aye but who knew he was worth £35m? He can still be telling the truth at the same time as Carroll being sold.

Agreed, was way too much to turn down.

I've not got any qualms about the £35m being accepted. I just wonder why he'd keep saying he was 100% certain Carroll wouldn't be sold if he knew from day 1 the model he's working under where ANY player is for sale if our valuation of them is surpassed.