Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

I look at the top teams and feel I could do that job better than Im seeing it being done, Pardew told BBC Radio 5 Lives Sportsweek.

His delusion knows no bounds.

For those on the forum that love stats, his palace record doesn't really reinforce the view that hes crap. Ashley is the disease, Pardew hasn't played a style anything like he did at nufc with palace. They outplayed city tonight.

Aye howay man Pardew is fucking shite, we saw years of his football. Even with talented players we more often than not relied on pieces of brilliance rather than any sort of tactic.

His good run at Palace will come to an end and they will struggle, he'll get more and more negative, fall out with some player and that'll be that. Of course everyone banging on about how daft Newcastle look wont bother going back on their shite.

This bloke played reo-coker and Carlton Cole over Tevez and Mascherano, and was also sacked from a League One club. I'm fairly sure he hasn't suddenly figured it all out. The fact Ashley is a fucking prick and hasn't bothered getting a replacement in doesn't change the fact Pardew is a below average chancer and a grade A cunt.

The funniest thing about this current run is that he's started coming out with his usual bollocks about being great and playing this brilliant football and he never seems to learn that it'll come back to bite him on the arse. The nature of Palace's side means that they'll struggle at some point next season and that's when his true colours show through; an obscenely negative manager who fails to adapt when his team is playing poorly. It usually took a Yohan Cabaye running the show or Cisse being a top class poacher to save his arse and, considering he'll be buying the players at Palace, he's not going to have that quality. He wanted Darren Bent up here and he's playing in the Championship.

For those on the forum that love stats, his palace record doesn't really reinforce the view that hes crap. Ashley is the disease, Pardew hasn't played a style anything like he did at nufc with palace. They outplayed city tonight.

I enjoy the odd stat myself late at night when the wife is sleeping. Here's a couple from last night:

2m5girm.jpg

But of course stats don't always tell the full story, here's what others said.

The Guardian

There were periods when Palace creaked under the weight of the pressure, sitting so deep the penalty area was starved of oxygen

The Mirror

Despite consistent second-half pressure from Manuel Pellegrini's men they couldn't find the equaliser they so desperately needed.

The Independent

Manchester City should have won this match, but that just makes it another thing to add to the list of things they should have won but haven’t.

They were dominant. They were irresistible. But in the noise of the South London night, all four stands seeming to pogo up and down on their foundations, they allowed themselves to be burgled.

Outplayed, my arse.

From majority of the game I watched Palace were under siege last night. The first half they sat 9 men in their defensive half, how the fuck they went in 1-0 was unbelievable, the first goal was offside aswell. That Palace side look a lot more organised than we were earlier in the season, that's the difference.

I enjoy the odd stat myself late at night when the wife is sleeping. Here's a couple from last night:

2m5girm.jpg

But of course stats don't always tell the full story, here's what others said.

The Guardian

The Mirror

The Independent

Outplayed, my arse.

Bravo, sir.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

With £1.2m for every league place you would think that the compensation from Palace won't be enough to make up for the financial loss due to our employment of Carver.

Tbf if you had given the fans a choice between Pardew or Carver nearly all of them would have picked Pardew. Comparing the pairs managerial record doesn't show NUFC fans anything that we didn't already know

No shit? :lol:

just trying to reinforce the point that pardew wasn't total crap. he wasn't a good manager but he's a few notches above carver's JFK levels of incompetence.

just trying to reinforce the point that pardew wasn't total crap. he wasn't a good manager but he's a few notches above carver's JFK levels of incompetence.

Carver never has or ever will be a manager though. And JFK was a dinosaur. Pardew's shite but of course their are worse but that isn't a reason to keep anyone in any job anywhere.

Carver never has or ever will be a manager though. And JFK was a dinosaur. Pardew's shite but of course their are worse but that isn't a reason to keep anyone in any job anywhere.

he was crap, but he was probably about as good as it's going to get under ashley - that's the annoying reality. i don't see ashley being willing, or able, to appoint anyone better.

he was crap, but he was probably about as good as it's going to get under ashley - that's the annoying reality. i don't see ashley being willing, or able, to appoint anyone better.

The willing bit I'm not sure about. It would have to be on his terms (ie cheap and willing to eat shit) but I'm sure he'd be happy to have someone better running the team. But I agree totally with the able bit.

The willing bit I'm not sure about. It would have to be on his terms (ie cheap and willing to eat shit) but I'm sure he'd be happy to have someone better running the team. But I agree totally with the able bit.

i don't think he wants to appoint a manager capable of pushing us towards the top 4. he certainly doesn't want to part with the funds needed to do so. that's what i was getting at.

If we get a manager capable of pushing us towards nosebleed territory in the league, it'll be because the manager Ashley appoints flukes it ala Pardew, not because he brings in the top coach we need

I watched it and they were positive compared to newcastle and the fact that man city couldnt break down his team shows more than I think some are willing to admit.

The newspaper reports listed are a selection, the mail (as much as I hate it) seem to be watching the same match I did. They worked their socks off and went out to win, positively.

The angle I come from is that the fans view of sacking Pardew being a good thing shows a naivety I don't understand. He's the best we're going to get under Ashley. SackPardew and the movement against him gobsmacks me a bit, Pardew managed a kind of harmony with a bloke that must be impossible to get on with.

Agree Gloom.

Edited by scoobos

Pardew was part of the problem and how anyone can be anything other than glad he's left is beyond me. John Carver being put in charge doesn't make Pardew a good manager, it just 'showcases', (The club like that word), how bad or indeed rotten, our club is, how utterly insignificant anyone under the owner actually is.