Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He's a full back isn't he? It's a lot easier to ease a young full back into competitive football than a centre half.

I believe our young centre halfs was much greater prospects than this fella before this season, kinda evens it out. Anyways Willo or no Willo, thats not exactly what I meant with the tools and handyman and all that.

I think we'll go down now because at a basic level Pardew is a cautious, defensively minded manager. For me the game was lost yesterday when he brough Perch on at 1-0 - he'll do that again and again and in the end it will cost us dear.

The only two successfull battles against relegations in my lifetime (87 and 08) were characterised by managers and teams who prospered through attacking football (though McFaul would have been fucked without Gazza's return from ingjury) whereas the three relegations have all featured negative, dour teams with no confidence and manager's who'd lost the plot. Currently we resemble the latter and I don't think Pardew has it in him to change quickly enough to what we need.

So we magic up a player or throw young lads into a struggling side when they might not be ready yet so possibly fucking over their careers.

There isn't really much more to lose at this stage, we've lost about everything there is with the so-called ready ones. Clubs has done amazingly well gambling on youth before us, so I don't really see why you're so shit-scared.

If you're suggesting for one second that Pardew has been sufficiently backed in the transfer market I'll have what you're drinking.

I'm not suggesting that, but you know how it is with this club, we are not behaving normal.

He's screaming for players atm in every post match. For the first time it feels like this must be grating Ashley. Shows Pard is close to the edge himself and tbf as frustrated as us.

Don't understand why he couldn't scream a little louder last summer, probably pissed his pants just by thinking about it... the guys a coward who thinks everything has to wrapped into a little nice present and eased out into the open like. Life is hard, life at Newcastle is even harder, grow some balls or just resign.

Don't understand why he couldn't scream a little louder last summer, probably pissed his pants just by thinking about it... the guys a coward who thinks everything has to wrapped into a little nice present and eased out into the open like. Life is hard, life at Newcastle is even harder, grow some balls or just resign.

Ashley would drop him with one punch - you seen the size of him? :lol:

There isn't really much more to lose at this stage, we've lost about everything there is with the so-called ready ones. Clubs has done amazingly well gambling on youth before us, so I don't really see why you're so shit-scared.

Because those players may be further developed? Good only arrived in the summer and as far as I am aware he was just starting to get games in Australia. Streete doesn't exactly have a great deal of experience either.

You have insanely naive ideas about football.

I was on this forum about 4-5 years ago for a bit, my username was probably Dickie or something similar, only posted a handful of times. Felt compelled to come back this morning to voice my dismay at the people who thought it was a good idea to boo a manager's decision when we were 1-0 up in a relegation 6 pointer. To me that just seems an absolutely mind bogglingly counter-productive thing to do, regardless of whether or not you agree with the decision.

I agree with you by the way - as I said, my heart sinks when I see Shola starting and I'd actually have started Obertan. However Obertan is also one of the players that people seem to love having a go at and what I was saying was there was logic behind the decision as Obertan looks like the archetypal "confidence player" to me, and he's looked low since Brighton I reckon.

I think Pardew's actually a pretty good Premier League manager. I don't like his patter a lot of the time (the full kit whopper in the petrol station story that McFaul mentioned probably sums him up as a person), and I hate Ashley and Lambias as much as anyone else I can remember who's been connected with the club. However I think he and the players (most of whom seem to be pretty good professionals) should be supported as vocally as possible at this crucial time. I honestly think the negativity of the support in the 2nd half contributed to the result and I think the people who booed the decisions shouldn't come back. We did well in the first half, did well for large parts of the games against Man U and Arsenal (fielding a very weak first team - Ashley's fault not Pardew's in my opinion), and the work ethic and spirit of the players who played those games was mostly spot on - that reflects well on Pardew as a manager in my opinion.

Fair do's. if the people who booed didn't come back our stadium would look like the SOS though ;)

When was the last time a premiership football manager resigned, for any reason, let alone being a bit shit?

Gullit....didnt even ask Shep for a pay off. Gambled on seeing Shearer out of the club and failed. Took either balls or a fuckin shed load of stupidity.