Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pardew's job is in danger regardless of whether stay up or go down. Personally I think we'll stay up and that he's enough credit in the bank to be given another season, this time with proper backing in the summer, to prove it was a one season blip.

I'm fairly confident Ashley will do the right thing once the season finishes.

So many excuses are posted in Pardews defence but none of them excuse us being 3 points off relegation.

If I truly believed they did I would be happy for him to continue next season as a period of stability is long overdue. However that stability needs to be with a coach who we can hand on heart, all be excited by.

Pardew is not that man.

It saddens me that he isn't that man because, as some of you keep reminding me, last year I thought he was.

I see a manager that wants to defend first, hold a position and then counter attack. That might be fine for some teams but not for me with the players available.

He seems to suck the life out of players and squeeze out of them any footballing nouse they have.

Even the new recruits now look like shadows of their January selves.

I would like to see a man at the helm who understands the creativity of the likes of Cabaye who has been a shadow of himself bar a few games.

A manager who can play a few formations to suit different teams / stages in a game.

A manager who isn't crap at substitutions.

And a manager who can drop players who by his own admission are either out of form or in need of a rest.

A manager who can coach his player to press the ball. (Better against Benfica but too little too late).

Simply giving him a few more players or a bit more time won't change that fear first mindset.

Time for a coach ( and no I don't know who), worthy of the players.

Edited by Christmas Tree

I make no excuses for Pardew. I said we were playing shite last season when you said he was England material.

Still don't see the point in sacking him though. Quality Managers will only work with players that are forced on them when those players are top quality and they're on a top wage.

Managers trying to get the best out of budget buys at least want some input on those budget players.

I make no excuses for Pardew. I said we were playing shite last season when you said he was England material.

Still don't see the point in sacking him though. Quality Managers will only work with players that are forced on them when those players are top quality and they're on a top wage.

Managers trying to get the best out of budget buys at least want some input on those budget players.

By all accounts Pardew and Carr have to come to an agreement on any player bought.

I think there'd also be lots of managers out there that would like a Yohan Cabaye or Hatem Ben Arfa "forced" upon them.

I'm fairly confident Ashley will do the right thing once the season finishes.

So many excuses are posted in Pardews defence but none of them excuse us being 3 points off relegation.

If I truly believed they did I would be happy for him to continue next season as a period of stability is long overdue. However that stability needs to be with a coach who we can hand on heart, all be excited by.

Pardew is not that man.

It saddens me that he isn't that man because, as some of you keep reminding me, last year I thought he was.

I see a manager that wants to defend first, hold a position and then counter attack. That might be fine for some teams but not for me with the players available.

He seems to suck the life out of players and squeeze out of them any footballing nouse they have.

Even the new recruits now look like shadows of their January selves.

I would like to see a man at the helm who understands the creativity of the likes of Cabaye who has been a shadow of himself bar a few games.

A manager who can play a few formations to suit different teams / stages in a game.

A manager who isn't crap at substitutions.

And a manager who can drop players who by his own admission are either out of form or in need of a rest.

A manager who can coach his player to press the ball. (Better against Benfica but too little too late).

Simply giving him a few more players or a bit more time won't change that fear first mindset.

Time for a coach ( and no I don't know who), worthy of the players.

Is pressing your new football buzz word? As you've only started mentioning it over these past few weeks.

At the moment though, I'm extremely worried about how clueless we seem to be going forward. There's no movement at all, and our main hope of a goal is to lump it long to Ba in the hope he creates something out of nothing. This tactic also means we're giving away possession far too cheaply.

Just been re-reading this thread and I came across the fact I'd posted this as well even when we were at the top half of the table ffs. :lol:

By all accounts Pardew and Carr have to come to an agreement on any player bought.

I think there'd also be lots of managers out there that would like a Yohan Cabaye or Hatem Ben Arfa "forced" upon them.

For every Ben Arfa there's an Obertan. For every Cabaye a Ranger.

On paper our first XI is certainly a match for most teams outside the top 5, that's an attraction for any decent manager.

Without knowing the details of Pardew's contract I would have thought that there are targets in there and failure to meet those targets can result in dismissal with limited or no compensation. Given our woeful league campaign it'll be interesting to see whether Ashley decides to take advantage of this and get rid in the summer. I don't think that Ashley would be against paying the right man a decent wage as long as it didn't cost him a fortune to get rid should the manager not be meeting expectations.

I reckon he'll get some sort of compen if he's sacked outside the bottom 3.

9 points from the last 7 games. I reckon we'll breeze to that in the next 7 too.

Relegation will be about 38 points.

The fact that you're having to go back as far as Ranger when Carr wasn't even here says quite a lot.

NBut sacking him will be as fruitless as keeping him no one worth their salt want anything to do with owner or chairman, a decent squad will not change that.

Don't be ridiculous.

5th last season. 1/4 finals in Europe this season. Our captain and best player missing for big chunks, our main goal scorer sold and not replaced. And he's done a bad job :lol:

Edited by TheRollingStones

5th last season. 1/4 finals in Europe this season. Our captain and best player missing for big chunks, our main goal scorer sold and not replaced. And he's done a bad job :lol:

I know he's been poor at times but we've had no luck with injuries and there's no way the squad was fit for purpose by the end of Summer window. Pardew is to blame but so is the board and so is bad luck.

Seems a little silly to sack a manager after only backing him when it looked like we're in trouble.

If we bring in another manager we'll just be back to the hire 'em fire 'em routine where we're constantly in search of instant upturns in favour without the stability to make it happen. The guy is doing a good job in difficult circumstances and I genuinely believe we'll be a force next year if we can stave of relegation and the players get their collective heads together. The plan should be to catch Spurs, the team who we could have been.

I thought most of you agreed a few weeks back that it was worth pursuing the Europa League to the detriment of the league? If not for individual errors we'd be in a superb position to progress to the semi finals. It was a gamble that doesn't look like paying off but personally I'm pleased we made a fist of it otherwise we're just striving to be midtable make weights.

Wages are a red herring. People used to say we would buy pay good money for players and they wouldn't come here but we have and they do.

Ashleys record signing remains cheaper than (or matched by) fees recently paid out by Fulham, QPR, Sunderland, Villa, West Ham, Southampton, Stoke, Everton and all the usual suspects.

Only Reading, West Brom, Wigan, Norwich and Swansea have spent less on their record signings.

I've been very happy with the business we've done recently, but don't try to have your cake and eat it. He's not been paying the going rate for top flight quality.

The fact that you're having to go back as far as Ranger when Carr wasn't even here says quite a lot.

I could have said Bigirimana or Amalfitano...you know the approach is to have a punt on players with lower values than their potential suggests, for whatever reason, rather than pay the rate for currently performing targets we need to fill obvious gaps.

You've said yourself...

Pardew is our best option simply because you can't put faith in Ashley/Llambias to make the right decision.

You've also suggested that Ashley's penny pinching is harming us on the limited coaching staff. So why would he invest more in a manager?

I can see a point whereby lack of faith in Pardew is tested to such a degree that you change your mind on that...I just don't see the massive difference between now and when you were saying the above back in November.