Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You think he has as much promise as Wilshere or Sterling?

Just look at how he's performed when asked of. Now add in the fact he's 19 years old. He's a real gem for the future of this club.

Nope. Could be a canny player though. He's been excellent in a number of games but it's been unfortunate that he's only had the chance to play when we've been really struggling. Put him into a team with mostly first choice players that's briming with confidence and I think he'll come on even more.

All 3 play in completely different positions.

Wilshere looks like a perma crock so it'll be interesting to see how he develops and Sterling is overhyped because he's played a few games for liverpool. He has a ridiculously long way to go still.

Bigi is definitely one of the best young players in the league. Could be a mainstay in the side in the next few seasons if handled properly.

Sterling, yes. Wilshere is being talked about as the best young player since Gazza almost 30 years ago and has 90 arsenal games and 8 England caps to his name, as well as being 2 years older. Good comparison

He's hardly played for 2 years though, so all that promise was apparent when he was Bigi's age.

Is Bigi not keen to play for England? If he's one of the best young players I thought he would. He's not getting into any Rwanda squads either, though he has said he's like to..

I dont mind Pardew in comparison to who we have had in recent years (thinking Sam, Souness, JFK mostly) but with what he has had at his disposal I do wonder about him at times and more importantly I can see the hierarchy thinking the same. In his defence, he wasnt backed in the summer and I have no doubt if we had brought the same players in sooner we'd be safe by now.

He's hardly played for 2 years though, so all that promise was apparent when he was Bigi's age.

Is Bigi not keen to play for England? If he's one of the best young players I thought he would. He's not getting into any Rwanda squads either, though he has said he's like to..

Is it really worth trying to convince yourself Bigirimana is a poor buy to win an argument? He was £1million and looks a bargain at the price

Is it really worth trying to convince yourself Bigirimana is a poor buy to win an argument? He was £1million and looks a bargain at the price

In what way?...he's had a couple of encouraging cameos, but its a bit like saying Fergie will be a world beater after a good run and cross v Stoke a couple of years ago..who said that again?...

I dont mind Pardew in comparison to who we have had in recent years (thinking Sam, Souness, JFK mostly) but with what he has had at his disposal I do wonder about him at times and more importantly I can see the hierarchy thinking the same. In his defence, he wasnt backed in the summer and I have no doubt if we had brought the same players in sooner we'd be safe by now.

These are the key points but you cant really make both at the same time and have them both be completely true. If he has had good players at his disposal then they would have been in the first 11 every week. In which case he didn't need backing in the summer. If he needed backing in the summer its because the first 11s he has put out have not had enough strength or quality, which means therefore he hasnt had great options at his disposal.

Tooj seems to need a bit of guidance round this point too ;)

Edited by ChezGiven

I think bringing new players in over the summer offers a psychological lift to the players at the club, and I think Man City might be case in point. They just haven't been as good, even though they easily had the quality not to have to buy. I'd put it down to lack of competition/assuming they'd made it/etc. You could maybe argue something similar for our lot due to our relative over-achievement last year.

I don't think Pardew is the greatest manager, but he's the first one in a long time I've been happy to just let get on with it, feeling reassured that he wants to win as badly as we do.

I'm also pleased that the team seems much more motivated to have us avoid relegation - they seem to care about the club more than the previous relegation batch did, and perhaps more so than I've seen any of our players for some years now. I know it would all evaporate as soon as a better offer came in, but I can't help but think Pardew is at least partially responsible for ensuring that the club is somewhere that the players actually *want* to be.

Edited by Rayvin

I want to know why those who have faith in Pardew actually do so? What is it about him do you believe that he is the man to take this club forward with the current squad that we have got? I will admit he is a good man manager as the players seem to like him but when it comes to tactics - can you please tell me what it is about him that you think makes him the right man to take us forward? I don't see any sort of footballing philosophy from him that makes me believe that he is.

I'm not accepting stability as an answer either. :razz:

I've been behind him for the sake of stability mostly, and that we cant hope to attract a better manager realisitcally.

However there are some shocking weakness in our side that he has completely failed to address. Set pieces, corners, ball retention, no plan of attack going foward. Game after game after game with no signs of improvement. Something is definitely wrong.

I want to know why those who have faith in Pardew actually do so? What is it about him do you believe that he is the man to take this club forward with the current squad that we have got? I will admit he is a good man manager as the players seem to like him but when it comes to tactics - can you please tell me what it is about him that you think makes him the right man to take us forward? I don't see any sort of footballing philosophy from him that makes me believe that he is.

I'm not accepting stability as an answer either. :razz:

Cos I've seen the way we played under the likes of Kinnear and Allardyce. People have short memories, we outplayed Benfica for the best part of 180 minutes.

Cos I've seen the way we played under the likes of Kinnear and Allardyce. People have short memories, we outplayed Benfica for the best part of 180 minutes.

Did we fuck. :lol:

You also haven't said what he's actually good at.