Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That stat is mind boggling! I keep forgetting the big turn around of managers this season, with ferguson gone, Moyes and Martinez rotating and Pulis sacked.

8 year contract, could be the next Wenger....!

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-stronger-two-years-5671462

Why the hell are the likes of Southampton in a 'much stronger financial position' as us? Its not the same as their owner willing to spend more money, I hope he understands that.

Well he's not going to slag Ashley off is he?

That's what Ashley wants. He's trying to force Pardew out to usher Big Joe in.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

Been a bit exasperated with people not getting this.

Imagine a business with a turnover of 200 million, its a failing business with bad credit, shit contracts, poor margins, bad invoicing, cash flow issues and huge overheads

Now imagine a business with a turnover of 100 million, growing, no credit, great contracts, good margins and low overheads.

Now if you still have trouble understanding why a club with a lower revenue might have more disposable incomes, give up.

It's MUCH easier to lose money with higher month on month costs. Higher turnover means nothing. These days large fan base means little. We've never been that profitable despite decent t/o in past.

Remember : Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity ;)

Good posts , it's a unwinnable debate though, because football is a sport being ran by a business. Both sides need some kind of balance, the extremes don't really show the true picture.

The problem with this is really that its become part of a corporate world, all deals that matter are Business to Business , with Agents touting the players. But its become self serving and lost sight of the overall objective as far as sport goes.

I believe we should be competitive and that it's semi acceptable to make small losses in football , as who knows when the next silly transfer is. Running a club as a rotating door only really works for those at the top of the food chain, and not us, from a footballing point of view.

The whole point of a football business is supposed to be to lead the club responsibly but also with an objective of producing the best football club you can. Whether Ashley is doing this is debatable , personally I think he's a fool and has burnt money and not acted responsibly, but his overall approach isn't terrible. I reckon a REAL businessman like Branson could achieve far more with the same resources.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

Good posts , it's a unwinnable debate though, because football is a sport being ran by a business. Both sides need some kind of balance, the extremes don't really show the true picture.

The problem with this is really that its become part of a corporate world, all deals that matter are Business to Business , with Agents touting the players. But its become self serving and lost sight of the overall objective as far as sport goes.

I believe we should be competitive and that it's semi acceptable to make small losses in football , as who knows when the next silly transfer is. Running a club as a rotating door only really works for those at the top of the food chain, and not us, from a footballing point of view.

The whole point of a football business is supposed to be to lead the club responsibly but also with an objective of producing the best football club you can. Whether Ashley is doing this is debatable , personally I think he's a fool and has burnt money and not acted responsibly, but his overall approach isn't terrible. I reckon a REAL businessman like Branson could achieve far more with the same resources.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

Excellent post. Very true about Branson, he would see the bigger picture and understand the football side of the business. And if he didn't, he would certainly put the hours in to change that.

I think the difference with us is that ashley won't lend us any money to buy new players or underwrite losses, so the club has to be self financing now. In fact lately we've been repaying some of his loan from the early days.

I assume the likes of soton have sugar daddies who are prepared to pile money in, as ashley did in the early days to be fair.

I think the difference with us is that ashley won't lend us any money to buy new players or underwrite losses, so the club has to be self financing now. In fact lately we've been repaying some of his loan from the early days.

I assume the likes of soton have sugar daddies who are prepared to pile money in, as ashley did in the early days to be fair.

So how much do we have to spend? What do you think the budget is?

Or is it a case of spend as little as possible?

You'll see how much the budget is when Scott "Scotty" Parker is sold to either wist am or qpr and Spurs lure Cabaye to the capital to replace him...perhaps.... ;)

You'll see how much the budget is when Scott "Scotty" Parker is sold to either wist am or qpr and Spurs lure Cabaye to the capital to replace him...perhaps.... ;)

But even with the added 20mil from Cabaye...what higher calibre player are we going to go for?

The only player I think we could replace him with is Eriksen.

We've been linked a few times

No idea mate. Depends on current finances for starters.

Pardew shuffling the blame onto Kinnear already, saying Joe the joker has a big week ahead of him.

Are you suggesting that Pardew has major say in who comes in?.... I dont think, if on the 1st September we're deemed to have had a poor "indow", that any of the blame can be put on Pardew's shoulders. As far as I can make out he has nothing to do with transfers. Possibly a once over of a youtube clip. The sort of shit Keegan walked over.

Pardew shuffling the blame onto Kinnear already, saying Joe the joker has a big week ahead of him.

I can't begrudge him that. If some gobshite had been brought in to sort out the transfers and he hasn't, Pardew's got every right to direct the public's attention that way.