Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My guess is they are in France to talk to Cabaye's agent. Probably putting pressure on them to hand in a transfer request.

I wouldnt be surprised if they swing by Lyon as they look like missing out on Champions League

Edited by Phil

Monsieur Pardieu is the wrong man for us!!

Consider the Man.City game.

Krul: Dutch international.

Dubuchy: French international.

Colocini: Argentine international.

Mbwa: French international.

Guitierez: Argentine international.

Tiote: Ivory Coast international.

Cisse: Senegal international.

Anita: Dutch international.

Sissoko: French international.

Taylor: Nearly English international.

With that much talent in the squad how in the world can't Pardew get them to function as a decent football team? He doesn't seem to have the ability to bring out the best in them. Doesn't he have any say about who comes in and who goes out. My count is 5 out and 1 in making us wafer thin in depth.

Add to that number of international players and you have Santon, Gouffron, Marveau, Shola, Sammy, Gosling, Haidera, Dummet, Bigi.

Oh we're starting from scratch aren't we? Why the fuck else would they be actually physically going overseas if they hadn't got anything on. I'm pretty sure abramovich or his guys didn't fly off to fucking Brazil to speak to Oscars agent. Its a fucking mockery.

Edited by scoobos

Caulkin

Newcastle, meanwhile, stumbled. They must get themselves together sharpish. Pardew talked today about that and many other related subjects, so for the benefit of Newcastle supporters, and anybody else interested, here is a transcript of the open part of his press conference (newspaper reporters get a separate bit later). I’ve cut some sections out, but it still goes on a lot.

Does there need to be a response to the Manchester City defeat against West Ham and Fulham?

“I don’t know if that’s going to be a true reflection of what we’re going to do this season, but I certainly think they’re two important games for us, two home games, a chance for us, a new start for us this season after a difficult night on Monday and a whole manner of issues going on. We certainly need to put a smile on our fans’ faces on Saturday.”

Can Cabaye possibly play on Saturday?

“The situation with Yohan is an ongoing situation. We’re taking each day as it comes, really, there’s been one bid and we’ve turned that down. That’s all I’m really going to comment on Yohan today.”

So there hasn’t been a second bid?

“No.”

Shola Ameobi’s future has also been talked about. He has said he wants regular football.

“Yeah, that’s right and you have to earn that. Shola has been a good player at this football club, a great character and leader here. My position is clear on all the players. If there’s a situation where it’s right for the player and right for the club then we’ll move the player on.

“In Shola’s case that isn’t where it’s at at the moment. We need a couple of results pretty quickly, I think, just for our fans more than anything. I feel sorry for them in this whole situation, watching their team struggle on Monday night, the sending off, a player of outstanding talent like Yohan Cabaye, one of the best midfielders in the world, not playing, it’s hard to take. I don’t think it’s worth talking about anything else other than my players here, including Shola, all pulling in the same direction to get a result on Saturday.

The transfer window is ticking, do you need an early resolution on ins and outs?

“I think that’s always ideal, but we’re the sort of club that is not in that bracket where we can dictate transfers. Sometimes we have to respond because of the position we’re in, we don’t have the luxury of Tottenham or Liverpool. So, for us, we’re poised, we’re waiting to see what happens and we want to make sure we bring in a couple of players who affect our first-team.”

To that end, you were in the south of France earlier this week. Is there any progress on players coming in from that part of the world?

“No, I think the situation while I was there was to see the owner and get together, to make sure we’ve got ourselves with a game-plan going towards the final week of window. That’s what we did.”

So it was a meeting with the top brass to chew over where you are?

“Absolutely.”

Have you had to lift the players this week and also tell them that a lot of teams will go to Manchester City and struggle?

“I have to say that on reflection, in the first-half I thought we played pretty well really, but against a side that was coming at us from all angles. They have real power in their group and unfortunately on the night we couldn’t quite cope with it. On another night they might not be in the mode and it might have been a lot easier for us, but that’s how it was, we have to accept that. We’re to have more days like that in this Premier League. There are teams that have far more riches than us. Having said that, there will be occasions, like we’ve done before, when we beat the top teams. That’s always our goal. We have a strong team to play on Saturday in West Ham. They’re in good shape, they’ve purchased well and it will be a difficult game, but we hope to get a win.”

Is it tougher these days to get transfers over the line?

“It’s not easy. You get things sold to you that don’t quite work out. The agent will tell you can get a player out for £4m, you contact the club and it’s double that price. There’s a lot of that going on at the minute, so it’s difficult to judge where it is. We’re tying to be honest with clubs, they ask us or price, we tell them what we think the player is roughly worth and vice versa. Then you have to try and make a deal that works for both clubs. It’s a difficult process and vast money, vast fortunes that our fans sometimes find it hard to get their heads around. The most important people are them. That they turn up on Saturday. We need a really positive attitude at the ground, for the team. Forget about anybody else at this football club, the team needs support, because we had a bit of a rough time on Monday night and we need a lift ourselves.”

Team news?

“We’re kind of patching ourselves up a little bit from Monday. First game you don’t really want to go down to 10 men with 45 minutes to go. Some of our players have worked a little bit harder than they should have, so we’ve got a couple of tired bodies. Cheik (Tiote) has got a slight strain, so we’re a little bit worried about him and Jonas (Gutierrez) will definitely be out. Everybody else should be okay.”

Arsenal showed last night how to bounce back from an opening day defeat.

“Yeah, but I don’t think West Ham will be the opposition that Arsenal had last night. They’ll be a lot more difficult for us. We want to set our stall out really on Saturday and put in a performance where our fans can walk away hoping we can build on that with new signings. That’s the ideal scenario for us.”

Arsene Wenger said last night that for him the transfer window starts now.

“The big transfers, the smaller transfers; this is the week that it gets really revved up because your targets become unavailable and so you move on to other targets, so it starts knocking it down and moving on. I do think there will be business this week, all across the board and I certainly hope that we’re part of it.”

After Monday night, with transfers ongoing, how difficult is it for a manager to get the balance right?

“It’s not been the easiest week, I have to say. I’ve had a few agendas in my time as Newcastle manager, but it’s always colourful and you kind of get resilient to it. I think it’s my 100the Premier League game as the Newcastle manager this weekend and I’m very proud of that, but it’s aged me considerably. I’ve aged a couple more years this week.”

Every club operates in the same transfer market, why is it only Newcastle that struggles?

Simple answer Tom, because Newcastle are always trying to buy a sixpenny article fer thruppence.

Simple answer Tom, because Newcastle are always trying to buy a sixpenny article fer thruppence.

Exactly...and in that statement ...reading between the lines...to me it`s saying there is so much back-stabbing going on...Pardew knows how to play to the gallery....sometimes too much...but don`t they all..

As others have said the only reason we wait until the last minute is to pick up cheap deals. Pardew has nothing interesting to say imo and I don't think he'll see out the season.