Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pardew has also assured West Ham that they won’t go down this season.

The Londoners head into their second season in the top flight after winning promotion two years ago.

He said: “I watched a video of them last week. Sam’s an experienced manager.

“There’s no danger of West Ham going down.

“They’ve got good players.

“You like to think they’re in the same bracket as us.

“So it’s a big game for us.

“A big three points in that little group I think we’re in.”

So, it appears that the 8 years deal was more Lambese's idea and that was part of the 'falling out' with Mash. I reckon this is why JK has been brought in, partly to destabalise Pardew and also to be the eyes and ears of Mash. We'll know what's going to happen by the end of the window..if we get a couple of lucky wins and 2/3 players come in Pard will be alright. Lose to Wham and Fulham (entirely feesable) he's gone IMO..

So, it appears that the 8 years deal was more Lambese's idea and that was part of the 'falling out' with Mash. I reckon this is why JK has been brought in, partly to destabalise Pardew and also to be the eyes and ears of Mash. We'll know what's going to happen by the end of the window..if we get a couple of lucky wins and 2/3 players come in Pard will be alright. Lose to Wham and Fulham (entirely feesable) he's gone IMO..

Couple of wins, Cabaye stays and its no longer doom and gloom.

Human beings a very poor at dealing with uncertainty. Studies show that we are unable to assess uncertain events and over emphasize small factors and give them disproportionate prominence in our forecasts of what will come (i'm vibing off Kahneman at the moment).

What Ashley has done this summer is to introduce enormous uncertainty to the club, to the extent that people cant really assess what actually happening. I certainly dont think the situation is as bad as some are making out. However, there is huge frustration at the lack of development and ambition.

After we were relegated and came back up, humility was the name of the game. Now we have been back 3 seasons, its time to show a bit more. Not less. Pardew comparing us to West Ham is fine but he should be talking about the lost gap between us and Spurs in the last 6 years and what we plan to do to address it.

If we to take Pardew's utterances even half seriously since we finished 5th, then its clear that Ashley has used him to keep expectations low. 2011/12 is looking like a huge fluke now. Or was it last season that was the fluke, and we'll return to upper mid table this season?...I think its highly unlikely.

When we dropped places under Keegan we knew he could could change it and take us in a different direction. Robson's first couple of seasons were ok, and all it took was the signing of a couple of players to light the spark to propel us into the top 4. We had hope after the disappointing seasons preceading 95/96 and 2001/02. We're here in 2013 and the difference is that there is no optimism whatsoever.

All said and done we generally have a grossly inflated perception of the quality of our players. Here' my take being critical.

Tiote, had an excellent season playing a defined role, since then he's been extremely haphazard and generally poor.

Cabaye is capable of the divine, but has a right attitude about him that can quickly see him lose his cool. Frequently goes missing.

Ben Arfa is an exceptional talent, but hasn't really gelled with his team mates.

Santon too frequently has suspect defensive positioning and can lack tenacity. As a fullback he's good at getting forward.

Honestly speaking Debuchy has had a horrid start to his career here. It's too early to jut him as he has plainly not settled, but it appears he's not used to being constantly under the pump.

Coloccini is an quality tackling defender who generally reads the game well and is technically excellent. Physically though he lacks presence. His set piece defending is erratic and he's poor against out and out pace.

Steven Taylor is a clown.

Jonas, for all the yards he covers lacks dynamism and flat out cannot effectively cross off his left foot. That's particularly troublesome as he generally plays down the left. Doesn't contribute enough to our attack, and his ability to bring the ball out of defense quickly has fast diminished over the last few seasons.

Cisse is a supporting actor but we don't have a lead. His instinct is to shoot, so a lot of the hard work needs to be done before he gets the ball. Can score spectacular goals but frustratingly he is frequently offside for no apparent reason. Passing and general teamwork is poor.

Krul is a great goal keeper, makes himself large when required, is athletic and generally commands his area. His kicking though is erratic, particularly when under even a modicum of pressure.

Yanga-M'Biwa it's too early to make a judgement, but I'm a little worried about his ability to handle physical players.

Sissoko had an amazing start to his time here but has sadly gone stale. Just how much of that is down to being played our of position remains to be seen.

Gouffran is a versatile player, who is pretty good at most things, but not particularly great at anything. Still early days on the whole, but he does appear to be quite consistent.

Marveaux has technical ability, but is defensively a liability. Even when he's out there for a full match he seems to come in and out of the game with much more out than in.

Good post OFT, might not agree on all points on all players but I wholeheartedly agree with sentiment. One of my biggest issues with Pardew's critics last season was their inability to see the limitations of the players we have. Even Ben Arfa, our best player, is limited due to his personality on the pitch.

The nature of the club means our best players will have flaws with the current transfer model even more likely to bring in disparate characters. In this sense, we need a manager who can bring the best out of players, something Pardew did in 11/12 but not in 12/13.

It always puzzles me when people blast down Pardew for not starting DUTCH INTERNATIONAL Anita.

Whilst I rate him he's an International in the sense David Nugent is.

It always puzzles me when people blast down Pardew for not starting DUTCH INTERNATIONAL Anita.

Whilst I rate him he's an International in the sense David Nugent is.

Don't be puzzled my geordie, Pardew loving friend. You rate who you want to rate at the end of the day. Obviously you rate Pardew's managerial abilities the way you see fit. That'll give way shortly.

Don't be puzzled my geordie, Pardew loving friend. You rate who you want to rate at the end of the day. Obviously you rate Pardew's managerial abilities the way you see fit. That'll give way shortly.

Whether anyone rates Pardew or not, he happens to be the best manager Mike Ashley has been willing to pay for lately. Pardew's status may be changing in that regard, but have a think about who may get the job, quite possibly sooner rather than later.

Whether anyone rates Pardew or not, he happens to be the best manager Mike Ashley has been willing to pay for lately. Pardew's status may be changing in that regard, but have a think about who may get the job, quite possibly sooner rather than later.

Raad my previous posts about this then. Nobody here realises this more than I.

Raad my previous posts about this then. Nobody here realises this more than I.

:good:

Perhaps I missed some hidden subtley or irony when you stated that Tom loves Pardew, or perhaps you weren't being all that serious.....I dont think theres anyone on here who doesnt realise hes limited at best. As stated many times, Pardew is just a sympton, not the cause.

Aye. :lol: I would caution strongly against any anti-Pardew sentiment at the match. No matter how bad it gets, his replacement WILL make things worse.

This is the brutal truth. Pardew's grass is looking pretty brown and sad at the moment, but the grass is most definitely not greener on the other side. We're better off sticking with him. At the very worst, you can say that he's kept us up, which Kinnear has not done (and will not do.)

I've been on holiday so I've not been posting or reading much, but the gloom that pervaded this board before I left has not lifted whatsoever. Maybe a win tomorrow will help with that, but I doubt it. We look fucked this season unless new players, specifically goalscorers, come in over the next week.

The nature of the club means our best players will have flaws with the current transfer model even more likely to bring in disparate characters. In this sense, we need a manager who can bring the best out of players, something Pardew did in 11/12 but not in 12/13.

Most definitely. The problem being that we now have some deficiencies in the squad that can't be made up for with good man management. To compound that there is a few indicators that suggest that Pardew has lost the confidence of the players, or at least the ability to unite them and have them working for each other on the pitch.

Pardew loving. :lol:

Also known as ''perspective''

Couple of wins, Cabaye stays and its no longer doom and gloom.

Human beings a very poor at dealing with uncertainty. Studies show that we are unable to assess uncertain events and over emphasize small factors and give them disproportionate prominence in our forecasts of what will come (i'm vibing off Kahneman at the moment).

What Ashley has done this summer is to introduce enormous uncertainty to the club, to the extent that people cant really assess what actually happening. I certainly dont think the situation is as bad as some are making out. However, there is huge frustration at the lack of development and ambition.

After we were relegated and came back up, humility was the name of the game. Now we have been back 3 seasons, its time to show a bit more. Not less. Pardew comparing us to West Ham is fine but he should be talking about the lost gap between us and Spurs in the last 6 years and what we plan to do to address it.

Really? I'd say Ashley's actions have greatly increased the certainty of the outcome this season.

This is the brutal truth. Pardew's grass is looking pretty brown and sad at the moment, but the grass is most definitely not greener on the other side. We're better off sticking with him. At the very worst, you can say that he's kept us up, which Kinnear has not done (and will not do.)

I've been on holiday so I've not been posting or reading much, but the gloom that pervaded this board before I left has not lifted whatsoever. Maybe a win tomorrow will help with that, but I doubt it. We look fucked this season unless new players, specifically goalscorers, come in over the next week.

Has CT been fly tipping topsoil aggain?

My fiancee just presented me with a signed letter from Pardew* wishing me good luck for my wedding tomorrow so he's alright in my book.

*I know he didn't write it but it's a nice touch from the club.