Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Moving the signing section was to piss them off definitely.

Thin skin for a billionaire hasn't he :lol:

Probably more to do with making sure any dissenting voices struggle to get noticed during televised games :dunno:

Sir Bobby Robson must turn in his grave at our classless manager

I remember beating Tottenham 3-1 about 2008 and the Spurs fans were singing, “aww ya do, aww ya do, aww ya do is faakin moan! aww ya do is faakin moan.”

A few other people have accused us of being whingers too in the past. David Pleat, the former Tottenham manager disgraced in many papers for curb crawling, once said that Newcastle fans give the team an unfair advantage because we appeal for every decision we can even when it’s ridiculous, thus unfairly winning free kicks on a regular basis. To be honest I think that was one of the best parts of our support 10 or 15 years ago. We used to intimidate the opposition and referees. I think that is a sign of positive whinging doing our best as supporters to help the team.

Now our whinging is different. We whinge because we are upset at every aspect surrounding the club. It’s very easy to slate Ashley, he for me is one of the single biggest twats in the clubs history. I don’t want to sound melodramatic but he honestly is. He is a scumbag. People keep saying he’s a smart businessman. Newcastle United financially and any other way aren’t reaching half of their potential because of how the chairman has ran the club from top to bottom for nearly 7 years. His “he’ll do”, “they’ll do”, “a little profit will do” attitudes are systematically producing apathy surrounding the club that I’ve personally never seen in three decades. Enough about Ashley for now though, there’s only so many ways you can portray him as the anti-Christ, and believe me I’ve tried every single one ten times over.

Ashley is one thing. He’s never going to change. I think he’s the absolute epitome of a real life Gordon Gecho, who will never ever accept criticism, will do it his way, and will make life difficult for anyone who ever criticises him. Pardew even once hinted at the fact that, “Mike sometimes doesn’t do things with the best interests of the football club at heart”. In other words Mike can’t handle the situation that he is widely hated, and will do everything he can to make people aware of the fact that he is the all powerful, all conquering fifth richest British person in the UK. What a cunt. WHAT A CUNT. Anyway that’s the last time I mention him.

Before Pardew came in, I honestly think Hughton was doing a decent job, we were mid-table and doing alright. I’d heard before we beat the mackems 5-1 Pardew was coming in as manager, we’d beaten Arsenal, West Ham and Sunderland in a fortnight and sadly for Chrissy his departure was only delayed by 6 weeks as a result. That season we scored 41 goals at home, bettered only by champions Manchester United and 7 more than the third best home scorers Man City. Not bad for a team who were in the Championship the previous season. 6-0 wins against Villa, 5-1 wins against the mackems, away wins at Arsenal, Everton and West Ham, but “Mike’s feeling was Chris didn’t quite have the experience”.

I’m not saying Hughton is or was the world’s best manager, but his performance from August 2009 to December 2010 was worthy of at least 8 out of 10. How he was treat was a disgrace, an absolute disgrace, a bloke with more dignity in his left toe than Ashley will ever produce in a lifetime. Pardew came in and rightly the vast majority of people were up in arms. He’d always been a smarmy embarrassing arsehole. Yes the Pards/Wenger incident was funny in 2006 when West Ham got that last minute winner against Arsenal, but do you really want your manager being a common as fuck classless wanker, or having dignity, respect and intelligence?

The rest of the 2010/2011 season under Pardew saw some decent results, the 4-4 with Arsenal was great, the 5-0 against West Ham when Leon Best scored a hattrick was staggering, but that was it for me. That season saw the last time we showed any attacking REAL attacking intent.

The 2011/2012 saw us come 5th, we made some absolutely brilliant buys, primarily down to Graham Carr. Demba was excellent up front, Cabaye magnificent, even Jonas had a reasonably good season. We were incredibly lucky in many games, our goal difference of +5 told a story when you consider Tottenham in 4th were +25, but by hook or by crook it was a canny season.

Since then it’s been shit. Every time we look like being a really decent side, we’ve put holes in the side without proper planning and replacements. It was obvious Cabaye would be away, not even a thought of replacing him before the end of the season, “oh its OK we’re so far clear of 11th we’ll achieve our objectives this season.”. I’ve never been a football manager of anything like that, other than my 5 a side team or a game of ChampMan back in the day on the computer winning the Premier League with Huddersfield Town, but I tell you what this idiot simply can not do, and that is get his side to play fluid football. I’m all for managers playing it tight when it’s working. George Graham won the title with Arsenal playing like that. The problem with Pardew’s tactics are so blatantly obvious to football managerial novices like myself, but he does fuck all about it. WE NEVER MOVE OFF THE BALL!!! We just don’t run off the ball. You can say well maybe we don’t have the players to do it, but even if that’s the case (and I don’t necessarily think it is), why do Newcastle United not sign players who can so at least our tactics can be more fluid than they are.

Why do journalists never ask him, why for 3 years he has insisted on playing tight, battling, defensive football, which is fine when it’s working but totally unacceptable when it’s not. It’s fine coming out with all of the geordie myths like, “the geordies would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0.” That is total bollocks, but what if we’re going to go down, one thing that in my deluded mind that should be ingrained in the very fibre of the football club, is that we at least try and entertain over 50,000 mugs who waste money on this shower of shite every year.

I finally lost my patience with Pardew as a human being after we beat Chelsea 2-0 as it happens. It was without doubt in my view the greatest Newcastle performance in his era as manager of the club, he’d been given nothing to spend for 12 months, when we really needed it, and he came out with the following, ““This win is for Mike Ashley. Trust me, he is a fan and I’m pleased for him.”

This win is for an owner who has on occasion even admitted doesn’t do things with the best interests of the club at heart. Fucking classless arsehole. You look at the dignity Sir Bobby Robson had as manager of the club, he wasn’t bothered about money, about his contract he just got on with it, and the best thing I can say about SBR was he did as much to brighten the name of Newcastle United worldwide as Keegan did. We were a club to be proud of. Now we have Pardew who goes around calling proven European managers “old cunts”, who sticks the nut on opposition players, and an owner who doesn’t give a fuck, it’s all about money. Make no mistake about it, Pardew will receive a fortune for being in the top 10 with this new Premier League deal. That’s why he’s content to come out with things like “that ones for Mike”, when we get a win despite “Mike” giving him fuck all to spend for the best part of two years. It’s all about money, and it always will be. Pardew will go along with it because he is a classless wanker, who will make money and try and enhance his reputation till a plastic southern club like Tottenham or Chelsea want him. Fucking arsehole. His time is up – 10 league games without scoring in the last 14, would see most managers of any reasonably sized club face massive pressure, but Pardew knows he’s alright because he’s achieved the top ten objective, he doesn’t give a fuck, and neither does Ashley as long as the Premier League money train is coming in to town, which it is.

Cracking post Stevie, if as I expect we get another humiliation on Saturday I hope the fans find it in their hearts to hurl as much abuse as possible at Ashley & Pardew. The way things are going it can't be allowed to continue without some form of dissent he wont like it history has proven he doesn't like it. The way things have gone on the pitch since January you'd probably have a good chance of getting your money back under the trade descriptions act. I know a lot of fans say they don't care about what happens now they've lost interest apathy rules. This is what Ashley has done to you and our club, you know deep down you are bothered and you do care what happens. Come on guys keep the faith the fucker wont be here for ever this is OUR club.

Come on guys keep the faith the fucker wont be here for ever this is OUR club.

This assumes that the next owner is guaranteed to have us doing better than Everton, Man United, Tottenham etc.

It's probably just as likely, if not more so, that we'll end up with a chancer, wannabee or Indian chicken farmer.

Cracking post Stevie, if as I expect we get another humiliation on Saturday I hope the fans find it in their hearts to hurl as much abuse as possible at Ashley & Pardew. The way things are going it can't be allowed to continue without some form of dissent he wont like it history has proven he doesn't like it. The way things have gone on the pitch since January you'd probably have a good chance of getting your money back under the trade descriptions act. I know a lot of fans say they don't care about what happens now they've lost interest apathy rules. This is what Ashley has done to you and our club, you know deep down you are bothered and you do care what happens. Come on guys keep the faith the fucker wont be here for ever this is OUR club.

Cheers for the feedback. About 6 seasons in a row I've said I'll jack it, but I don't have the heart to do it.

(snipped for space...)

I finally lost my patience with Pardew as a human being ... You look at the dignity Sir Bobby Robson had as manager ... but Pardew knows hes alright because hes achieved the top ten objective, he doesnt give a fuck, and neither does Ashley as long as the Premier League money train is coming in to town, which it is.

Thanks for this post honestly. Interesting perspective for newbies like me. Cheers.

Spot on post that Stevie, Pardew genuinely looks clueless at times and I seriously hope the decision to keep bringing on Left backs against So'ton was Carvers choice as it worried me even more if that was Pardew's work. A good number of the players we have signed in recent years have regressed under Pardew, imagine how good someone like Sissoko would look under Robson compared with his performances this year, when he first come he was driving at teams and really asserting his will on them whereas now he is often crowded out and if he does get a good run going overthinks the pass or shot.

Like many have brought up the amount of times we just roll over and take a stomping under Pardew is a total disgrace, and truthfully half the time he doesn't look as bothered anymore. We were far better under Hughton tbh, we played more expansive, attacking football, under Pardew we look scared, we sit deep and look nervous to concede which invites pressure. The season we finished 5th was class, we rode our luck at times but I hand it to Pardew he did well, but like you say since then has been utterly miserable, I struggle to think of many games where we were the better team for 90 minutes, we either come out swinging and go one or 2 up in the first half then sit back and try and hold out 2nd half, or roll over first half and come out swinging 2nd half, is it fitness? or tactics? it's just odd.

We were "the comeback kings" under Robson, under Pardew you can pretty much give up on a game once we go a goal down with the lack of times we've recovered from a losing position, it's pathetic. I said in the other thread the blame falls on everyone, and I think that completely, the players shouldn't escape blame for their terrible performances because Pardew is poor, but Pardew makes it hard not to just blame him. The man is a right sack, he comes across as a smug wanker when we win, thanking Mike, then he rolls out excuse after excuse if we lose, blaming the fans numerous times for things (which I think is unforgivable). This bloke deserves all the stick he gets, I remember when Parker lost the fans after swearing at the fans who were giving Carr a rough time, I'm surprised Pardew doesn't get more direct stick at games, maybe it's the apathy nowadays.

As someone who was there as part of 10,004 against Oxford in 1991, a game where no one cared, I think this is bollocks. We had 48,000 paying good money for the last game.

As someone who wasn't there my point stands, this is the most apathetic I'VE seen the crowd

Edited by TheRollingStones

He does, but it doesn't suit the agenda of anyone that wants him out to quote him when he says...

“I have no problem getting the flak, I accept that,. That performance was not one of my team’s. My teams are renowned for being organised and being on the front foot and you could not say that about Saturday. I will take responsibility for that.”

Much better to paint a picture of him passing the buck.

Personally i barely pay any attention to what he says before or after games now because it's all empty rhetoric whoever he blames or praises.

Alan Pardew has acknowledged that motivating his Newcastle United players is becoming a problem. His team are sitting ninth in the Premier League on 46 points, and thoughts are already turning to the summer holidays and the World Cup.

"I think we're in a difficult place and I make no bones about that," said Pardew, whose side disappointed in losing 4-0 at Southampton on Saturday. "We're on 46 points, we have a few excuses in terms of injuries, so it's easy to go 'oh well, OK, the summer's not very far away'. But I've certainly made it very clear to the players that this [giving up] is something which cannot happen."

Newcastle's manager hopes Saturday's visit by Manchester United will reinvigorate his battle-scarred players. "We can't play like we did at Southampton in front of 52,00 people paying good money," he said. "We have to put on a performance that shows real commitment. Whatever you say about Manchester United's performance against Bayern Munich in midweek they did show a real commitment.

"It's difficult when you get to an area of the season where there's no real goals for you but that's something we've been trying to focus the guys minds on.

"Southampton's desire was certainly greater than ours and we didn't combat it. When you have desire on the pitch, things fall into place. Desire is all in this league. We're very much aware last week's performance was not good enough for this club and will be doing our very best on Saturday to put in a performance that is worthy of Newcastle United."

Pardew is handicapped by a raft of injuries that mean almost half the side which won 1-0 at Old Trafford in December are sidelined. Moreover, Yohan Cabaye, his former on-field brains and dressing-room leader, is now a Paris Saint-Germain midfielder.

"We've got a real injury crisis at the moment," lamented Pardew, who will be without the injured Loïc Rémy, Tim Krul, Moussa Sissoko and Mathieu Debuchy. "It's going to be difficult against Manchester United. You would have to say everything points to them winning but it's up to us to make sure we can turn that around."

Newcastle last did the double over Saturday's visitors in 1931 but with his team struggling to score goals Pardew does not seem very optimistic about repeating the feat. "It would be nice to be armed with a few more senior players," he said. "But we'll have a gameplan and hopefully give them a run for their money. If we can achieve that, it would be something. We need to keep battling but we also need to have a technique and imagination about ourselves in the last third and try to force some issues."

It is all rather disappointing after a strong opening to the campaign during which Newcastle collected 33 points from their first 18 games, the club's best return by that stage of a season since 2001-02 when they eventually finished fourth.

Cabaye's sale changed the agenda and Pardew's players, further hampered by the absence of Rémy, their best striker, have accrued a mere 13 points from their last 14 matches.

"The injuries to Loïc and the transfer of Cabaye have impacted on our quality, there's no doubt about that," said Pardew. "We're grinding towards the end unfortunately, and that's not what we want. We want to be a lot easier on the eye and a lot more fluent. But we have become a very functional team."

"It's going to be difficult against Manchester United. You would have to say everything points to them winning

And in the same breath wonders why the players aren't motivated. :lol: