Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Understandably a tough couple of days for many reasons, but I think some of the reaction is a bit over the top once you stop to think things through.

I liked Chris Hughton because he was a nice guy, a decent guy, reminded me a bit of Sir Bob and was a breath of fresh and stability following the departure of Special K.

I cant say Chris Hughtons style of football is this or that or he was showing signs of being a great tactician or any other qualities you associate with great Managers.

Was he a good man manager or just a soft touch? Its well documented about the gang of four running the show.

Did he have a vision? A Plan? etc etc Again I dont know.

Yes Ashleys a cunt. Yes Chris could have had more to spend? Yes the pis poor squad didnt help our recent form?

But again when I think of Chris the words Dignified comes to mind and while that was a breath of fresh air, at the end of the day its probably not enough. As an optimist I would like to think he could have grown into the job and everything would have worked out, but usually nice guys come last.

A lot of stuff is coming out about the crap he had to put up with. Was it dignified just to accept it or should he have done what KK and most managers would have done. Was he a Yes Man.

If it was Martin Jol or Martin Oneil getting unveiled tomorrow, most wouldnt miss Chris too much. Unfortunately its looking like Pardew. While thats a big Anti climax, Im not sure its leaving us worse off than under Chris, and it might even leave us better off. (Time will tell).

But its certainly not something to boycott over or never go back, its just another chapter of many.

I was more livid about KK and more livid about the renaming of the ground.

I'll expect the usual contrary slavver but for the time being, Pardew will get my backing.

The points about Hughton are all valid and I can't disagree with most of them. But they are all blown out of the window by the fact that it is Pardew coming in to replace him. He's done the job longer and not managed to do any better than Hughton has done so far. He's taken Charlton down (basically two divisions), he took West Ham on their worst losing streak for 70 years (while picking Mullins and Harewood over Mascherano and Tevez for christs sake) and by all accounts lost the dressing room at Southampton (even with a ten point deduction it shouldn't have been difficult to get that club into at least a play off position in league one). He's been sacked on the back of failure at much smaller clubs than this one yet somehow we are expected to buy that he is the man to move us forward. Nothing about this makes football sense. It only makes sense if you look at it from the fat cunts point of view of not wanting to pay anyone decent wages, not wanting to spend on the squad and wanting someone to go along with whatever he says.

Pardew deserves no backing because (I for one believe) he's conspired with those cunts to get Hughton the sack and he lacks the qualifications to even maintain our current position let alone move us forward. The sooner he fucks off the better but much the same as with those two cunts in the boardroom, I suspect we're stuck with him while we see our club die on it's arse.

Basically the point I was making. The over re-action of not going anymore isnt deserved in this case. We are not replacing KK with Pardew or Sir Bob with Pardew....Its Hughton with Pardew.

Im not excited one iota by Pardew but like all other managers, with me he'll get his chance to live or die on his own merits.

My point is he has no merits. Souness had merits and you could see a reason to appoint (however misguided it was) him when Robson was sacked but to anyone who cares about this club Pardew offers nothing. There are plenty of managers I wouldn't have been excited by but I with Pardew I am honestly disgusted. He's an appointment of convience for the fat cunt and nothing more.

None of this will stop me going, the bitch I married couldn't manage it and the fat cunt won't either but I will be vocal in my digust of what he is putting us through.

Keep taking the Taboo.

If you can't see that most people are devastated, not because Hughton was "nice" or "dignified", but because it's a catastrophically bad decision for the future of club, then I really do pity you.

Pardew will have your backing?

Explains all about you- You'll no doubt vote Labour next election when your mate Dave's cuts have crippled the economy and no fucker can afford to use taxis, or you to fill yours with fuel.

Please, give me one area you think Pardew will improve us over Hughton.

Just one.

Why dont you explain hysterical comments like that, or the points raised about Hughton.

Whether I like it or not, Ashley didnt rate him and Ive already mentioned various reasons why that might be.

Pardew MAY improve us over Hughton because.....

Ashley has just appointed him, will give him money to spend, will let him bring in coaching staff and an assistant for starters.

Whether Pardew is better or worse than Hughton is a debate to be had, but the simple fact that Ashley is going to back him, even if thats in the short term, will benefit the team. Hughton was never going to get that backing.

And the chances of me voting for special ed are slim to none.

Keep taking the Taboo.

If you can't see that most people are devastated, not because Hughton was "nice" or "dignified", but because it's a catastrophically bad decision for the future of club, then I really do pity you.

Explains all about you- You'll no doubt vote Labour next election when your mate Dave's cuts have crippled the economy and no fucker can afford to use taxis, or you to fill yours with fuel.

Just one.

Why dont you explain hysterical comments like that, or the points raised about Hughton.

Whether I like it or not, Ashley didnt rate him and Ive already mentioned various reasons why that might be.

Ashley has just appointed him, will give him money to spend, will let him bring in coaching staff and an assistant for starters.

Whether Pardew is better or worse than Hughton is a debate to be had, but the simple fact that Ashley is going to back him, even if thats in the short term, will benefit the team. Hughton was never going to get that backing.

I'm not at all convinced about this. I expect a larger role for Beardsly in the new regieme for a start. He might get a new assistant but I don't expect much more. And as for transfer funds, well we've been waiting for this ever since he took over. If Keegan couldn't get them I can't see anyone getting them.

Understandably a tough couple of days for many reasons, but I think some of the reaction is a bit over the top once you stop to think things through.

I liked Chris Hughton because he was a nice guy, a decent guy, reminded me a bit of Sir Bob and was a breath of fresh and stability following the departure of Special K.

I cant say Chris Hughtons style of football is this or that or he was showing signs of being a great tactician or any other qualities you associate with great Managers.

Was he a good man manager or just a soft touch? Its well documented about the gang of four running the show.

Yes Ashleys a cunt. Yes Chris could have had more to spend? Yes the pis poor squad didnt help our recent form?

But again when I think of Chris the words Dignified comes to mind and while that was a breath of fresh air, at the end of the day its probably not enough. As an optimist I would like to think he could have grown into the job and everything would have worked out, but usually nice guys come last.

A lot of stuff is coming out about the crap he had to put up with. Was it dignified just to accept it or should he have done what KK and most managers would have done. Was he a Yes Man.

If it was Martin Jol or Martin Oneil getting unveiled tomorrow, most wouldnt miss Chris too much. Unfortunately its looking like Pardew. While thats a big Anti climax, Im not sure its leaving us worse off than under Chris, and it might even leave us better off. (Time will tell).

But its certainly not something to boycott over or never go back, its just another chapter of many.

I'll expect the usual contrary slavver but for the time being, Pardew will get my backing.

Alan Pardew - Alan fucking Pardew

CH possibly wasn't the greatest coach in the world, but he was overachievng spectacularly with the tools available. He rebuilt the dignity, spirit and team ethic. he made me proud.

We have squandered all the positives of his time in the job for Alan Pardew

You might have a point about CH's long term viability but hold on ...Alan Pardew

I too was more livid about KK and the renaming of the ground, but only because I'm resigned and depressed.

Alan Pardew

;) Alan who?

He certainly brought a dignigfied face to the club, but as for spirit and team ethic, I think the gang of four accounted for a lot of that.

Assuming you are correct, how do you predict the Go4 are going to react, and how do you think the squads spirit will be affected

Now thats a whole different kettle of fish and could be a real problem, but at the end of the day I think players like Barton just want to get out their and win. I think its probably fair to say its all been very nicey nicey over the last 18 months and nobody likes a change to their routine.

Ive worked for similar managers to chris in business and suddenly a new fired up fucker comes in and can either totally upset the apple cart or raise everything to a new level.

but at the end of the day I think players like Barton just want to get out their and win

Yep it really looked like that when we got relegated.

raise everything to a new level.

I would love to hear about the level above beating Arsenal away and Sunderland 5-1 in a week

CH by whatever means had this squad pulling together and playing above their collective ability. Alan Pardew is not going to improve the situation, he is not going to stabilise or maintain the position, there is absolutely nothing to suggest he has got anything to offer. Its an insult, a disgrace and a disaster. To suggest anything else is idiocy

The points about Hughton are all valid and I can't disagree with most of them. But they are all blown out of the window by the fact that it is Pardew coming in to replace him. He's done the job longer and not managed to do any better than Hughton has done so far. He's taken Charlton down (basically two divisions), he took West Ham on their worst losing streak for 70 years (while picking Mullins and Harewood over Mascherano and Tevez for christs sake) and by all accounts lost the dressing room at Southampton (even with a ten point deduction it shouldn't have been difficult to get that club into at least a play off position in league one). He's been sacked on the back of failure at much smaller clubs than this one yet somehow we are expected to buy that he is the man to move us forward. Nothing about this makes football sense. It only makes sense if you look at it from the fat cunts point of view of not wanting to pay anyone decent wages, not wanting to spend on the squad and wanting someone to go along with whatever he says.

Pardew deserves no backing because (I for one believe) he's conspired with those cunts to get Hughton the sack and he lacks the qualifications to even maintain our current position let alone move us forward. The sooner he fucks off the better but much the same as with those two cunts in the boardroom, I suspect we're stuck with him while we see our club die on it's arse.

Basically the point I was making. The over re-action of not going anymore isnt deserved in this case. We are not replacing KK with Pardew or Sir Bob with Pardew....Its Hughton with Pardew.

Im not excited one iota by Pardew but like all other managers, with me he'll get his chance to live or die on his own merits.

My point is he has no merits. Souness had merits and you could see a reason to appoint (however misguided it was) him when Robson was sacked but to anyone who cares about this club Pardew offers nothing. There are plenty of managers I wouldn't have been excited by but I with Pardew I am honestly disgusted. He's an appointment of convience for the fat cunt and nothing more.

None of this will stop me going, the bitch I married couldn't manage it and the fat cunt won't either but I will be vocal in my digust of what he is putting us through.

My point it looks like he's going to be the next manager of Newcastle United and as such, that position should carry some respect. Boo Ashley by all accounts but anyone who boos Pardew on Saturday, aint a proper fan in my eyes.

p.s. Hope your missus doesnt read this.

Keep taking the Taboo.

Just one.

Your evidence that Ashley give Pardew money to spend is what exactly

Its much more likely that Pardew is so pathetically greatfull he rubberstamps the sale of Enrique Caroll and anybody else who could raise a smile.

Alan Pardew - Alan fucking Pardew

CH possibly wasn't the greatest coach in the world, but he was overachievng spectacularly with the tools available. He rebuilt the dignity, spirit and team ethic. he made me proud.

We have squandered all the positives of his time in the job for Alan Pardew

You might have a point about CH's long term viability but hold on ...Alan Pardew

I too was more livid about KK and the renaming of the ground, but only because I'm resigned and depressed.

Alan Pardew

;) Alan who?

He certainly brought a dignigfied face to the club, but as for spirit and team ethic, I think the gang of four accounted for a lot of that.

Assuming you are correct, how do you predict the Go4 are going to react, and how do you think the squads spirit will be affected

Now thats a whole different kettle of fish and could be a real problem, but at the end of the day I think players like Barton just want to get out their and win. I think its probably fair to say its all been very nicey nicey over the last 18 months and nobody likes a change to their routine.

Ive worked for similar managers to chris in business and suddenly a new fired up fucker comes in and can either totally upset the apple cart or raise everything to a new level.

but at the end of the day I think players like Barton just want to get out their and win

Yep it really looked like that when we got relegated.

raise everything to a new level.

I would love to hear about the level above beating Arsenal away and Sunderland 5-1 in a week

CH by whatever means had this squad pulling together and playing above their collective ability. Alan Pardew is not going to improve the situation, he is not going to stabilise or maintain the position, there is absolutely nothing to suggest he has got anything to offer. Its an insult, a disgrace and a disaster. To suggest anything else is idiocy

Pretty unfair on Barton tbh. Think on the few occasions he got an outing, he found himself playing with a load of cunts who really didnt give a shit.

With regard to Pardew v Hughton, nobody has yet come out on footballing terms and said Hughton is a better motivator, tactician, great substituter etc.

Keep taking the Taboo.

Just one.

Its much more likely that Pardew is so pathetically greatfull he rubberstamps the sale of Enrique Caroll and anybody else who could raise a smile.

Just journo talk but I guess we'll hear tomorrow.

My point it looks like he's going to be the next manager of Newcastle United and as such, that position should carry some respect. Boo Ashley by all accounts but anyone who boos Pardew on Saturday, aint a proper fan in my eyes.

lol

You wouldnt be there to boo because you are still boycoutting the games since Keegan left

I cant believe you sucked me in

Fuck you and good night

Fwiw I think Hughton was one of the greatest substituters of the modern era. He always got the numbers right and made sure the incoming player was fully warmed up, resulting in a smooth transition as the players switched. In comparison Pardew is a terrible substituter. He regularly substituted world-class players such as Tevez and Mascherano for the likes of Mullins.

Keep taking the Taboo.

Just one.

Just journo talk but I guess we'll hear tomorrow.

Because obviously anything we are told tomorrow will be gospel -I really dont know why I am bothering

lol

You wouldnt be there to boo because you are still boycoutting the games since Keegan left

I cant believe you sucked me in

Fuck you and good night

Sleep well ;)

Christ, you don't half chat shit CT. Ought to be ashamed of what's coming out of your mouth. You're in a state of perpetual rationalization, always trying to find the good in Ashley's latest fuckups that prove he actually has the club's best interest at heart and whatever he does will benefit the club. When he really screws up, you have to put on a bit of an angry face for a day or two and then go back to the regularly scheduled program.

When we appointed Hughton and many on here, myself included, were complaining he was just a glorified yes man, you told us how great he was going to be, how dignified, what a class man-manager. You turned out to be right! But now that Ashley has discarded him, he's back to being a chump and the so-called "gang of four" was actually running the first team and were responsible for the progress we've had. Now Pardew is going to get the backing that none of Keegan, Kinnear, Shearer, and Hughton - all Ashley appointments - has enjoyed. I don't think so. Have you learned nothing from the past 3 years?

I don't buy this 'conspiracy' charge against Pardew and I don't see any reason off the bat to boo him, that much is true. Like Kinnear before him, we're going to have to put up with him. But let's not delude ourselves into thinking that Pardew is suddenly going to be able to galvanise this team. Many players have spoken out against the treatment of Hughton and I have no doubt that some of them will be looking to leave. Even without player unrest, Pardew is a proven crap manager. We doubted Hughton's managerial skills when he was first appointed because he was an unknown quantity and he gave us a massive shock. But Pardew's track record is there for all to see - crap, crap, crap. Shit isn't magically going to turn into Shinola. Pardew is crap and he will still be crap when he walks into SJP. This is a decision that has no discernible positives, no hidden benefit to find. Remember what happened to Burnley when they replaced Owen Coyle (class) with Brian Laws (gash)? Why will it be different for us?

CT, it's not just coming across as contrary anymore, it's actually coming across like you just don't care as much about the club as the majority of people on here. Which is pretty sad tbh (even though you seem to think it makes you look good for some reason).

Christ, you don't half chat shit CT. Ought to be ashamed of what's coming out of your mouth. You're in a state of perpetual rationalization, always trying to find the good in Ashley's latest fuckups that prove he actually has the club's best interest at heart and whatever he does will benefit the club. When he really screws up, you have to put on a bit of an angry face for a day or two and then go back to the regularly scheduled program.

When we appointed Hughton and many on here, myself included, were complaining he was just a glorified yes man, you told us how great he was going to be, how dignified, what a class man-manager. You turned out to be right! But now that Ashley has discarded him, he's back to being a chump and the so-called "gang of four" was actually running the first team and were responsible for the progress we've had. Now Pardew is going to get the backing that none of Keegan, Kinnear, Shearer, and Hughton - all Ashley appointments - has enjoyed. I don't think so. Have you learned nothing from the past 3 years?

I don't buy this 'conspiracy' charge against Pardew and I don't see any reason off the bat to boo him, that much is true. Like Kinnear before him, we're going to have to put up with him. But let's not delude ourselves into thinking that Pardew is suddenly going to be able to galvanise this team. Many players have spoken out against the treatment of Hughton and I have no doubt that some of them will be looking to leave. Even without player unrest, Pardew is a proven crap manager. We doubted Hughton's managerial skills when he was first appointed because he was an unknown quantity and he gave us a massive shock. But Pardew's track record is there for all to see - crap, crap, crap. Shit isn't magically going to turn into Shinola. Pardew is crap and he will still be crap when he walks into SJP. This is a decision that has no discernible positives, no hidden benefit to find. Remember what happened to Burnley when they replaced Owen Coyle (class) with Brian Laws (gash)? Why will it be different for us?

This is the bit you need to carry with you. ;)

CT, it's not just coming across as contrary anymore, it's actually coming across like you just don't care as much about the club as the majority of people on here. Which is pretty sad tbh (even though you seem to think it makes you look good for some reason).

A strange and bizarre post on many levels!!! ;)

I made a pretty straight forward post about Hughtons abilities and the reaction / over re-action to that decision. Like some of the lads you could debate the points and say which you agreed / disagreed with and why. (makes the forum more interesting).

But to come out with soopafan stuff is a bit lame really. (I'll put that down to it being very late and your tired).

With regard to the "it makes me look good bit".....wtf really. Honestly, its an internet forum of strangers (no offence to the Trent posse) and not really very important. Bit of fun, no more surely.

We can all sit here and safely trot out the same headlines without getting into details and I do like a bit of discussion about details.

It's the same bet he tried to offer peasepud - a bet on whether Hughton's in a job at Christmas and the loser fucks off for 6 months. I do think that if he's not prepared to risk that on his faith in Fat Mike, he's got nowt left to say. I'm certainly prepared to risk it on my lack of faith in him.

Sound familiar? Funny how you have so much faith in Ashley now when you didn't have enough then.

Would you like a little wager on whether Pardew, if appointed, lasts until the end of the season? Loser takes a 6 month break? I'm always up for it.

I made a pretty straight forward post about Hughtons abilities and the reaction / over re-action to that decision. Like some of the lads you could debate the points and say which you agreed / disagreed with and why. (makes the forum more interesting).

But to come out with soopafan stuff is a bit lame really. (I'll put that down to it being very late and your tired).

With regard to the "it makes me look good bit".....wtf really. Honestly, its an internet forum of strangers (no offence to the Trent posse) and not really very important. Bit of fun, no more surely.

We can all sit here and safely trot out the same headlines without getting into details and I do like a bit of discussion about details.

Not really sure if you even read what I wrote there tbh. I've never claimed to be a soopafan and I don't know where you've lifted the quote: "it makes me look good" from as it wasn't in my post.

I said it's pretty sad the way you come across and I stand by that. I know you don't care, but it doesnt make the observation invalid.

It's the same bet he tried to offer peasepud - a bet on whether Hughton's in a job at Christmas and the loser fucks off for 6 months. I do think that if he's not prepared to risk that on his faith in Fat Mike, he's got nowt left to say. I'm certainly prepared to risk it on my lack of faith in him.

Sound familiar? Funny how you have so much faith in Ashley now when you didn't have enough then.

Would you like a little wager on whether Pardew, if appointed, lasts until the end of the season? Loser takes a 6 month break? I'm always up for it.

The thing your always up for is talking bollocks.... and we both know it.

I made a post about Hughton, I dont remember it including any comments about "so much faith in Ashley". Why dont you re-read the post and either argue about whats written, but dont start making stuff up fella. <_<

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ted/9267960.stm

Alan Pardew is set to be named as the new Newcastle United manager within the next 24 hours, BBC Sport understands.

The former Reading, West Ham, Charlton and Southampton boss was among the favourites to take over from Chris Hughton, who was sacked on Monday.

Hughton led Newcastle back into the top flight last season but following his dismissal, the club said it wanted someone "with more experience".

Pardew, 49, has been out of work since being sacked by Southampton in August.

BBC Sport understands that Pardew, who is an associate of director Derek Llambias, was in talks with Newcastle about taking over at St James' Park as long as 10 days ago.

All I needed to read to finally make sense out of this seemingly nonsensical move.

See y'all later. I'm done with this club until that fat twat sells. No point in supporting if the owner won't.

Edited by Cid_MCDP

Not really sure if you even read what I wrote there tbh. I've never claimed to be a soopafan and I don't know where you've lifted the quote: "it makes me look good" from as it wasn't in my post.

I said it's pretty sad the way you come across and I stand by that. I know you don't care, but it doesnt make the observation invalid.

Bits in red

Wouldnt a better observation be to say what you disagree with in the post?

Bits in red

Wouldnt a better observation be to say what you disagree with in the post?

You misunderstand.

By likening myself to the majority of people on here, I'm clearly doing anything other than calling myself a soopafan. I'm doing the exact opposite of distinguishing myself and my fan credentials from that of the majority. Rather, I'm saying you, by contrast to the majority, somehow seem to care less.

I said I think that's sad and again I stand by that.