Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The problem is (if there was any truth that he's under threat, which of course he should be but most likely isn't) who at the club would you trust to make a decision on his replacement?

I don't really believe that there is no one decent that would come and work for Ashley because despite all of his obvious shortcomings, there are a lot of managers who jump at the chance to work for much smaller clubs with even greater restrictions.

But since Ashley has been here there has been no evidence that there is any recruitment process that has any thought. Certainly no thought around how to make the team successful.

Keegan was an easy choice to try and get fans on side as was Shearer. Neither of those appointments showed any thought to the ramifcations of appointing people like them (ie they want a certain level of autonomy and funding that he was never going to back).

Hughton just ended up in the job by default because they didn't bother trying to find a manager.

Pardew seems to have been appointed purely on the basis that he wouldn't rock the boat and just take whatever shit was given to him.

And fuck knows what the thinking was with JFK. I can only assume it was to piss us off.

So regardless of who is available, how can we expect an appointment that will actually benefit the team? We're likely to end up with Beardsley in charge!

This isn't by any stretch me saying better the devil you know, I hate the bloke and don't want him near the club. But I find it difficult to believe we will get any improvement in ability unless we hit upon some massive luck.

Whoever comes in will have to accept that he will have to be an Ashley yesman.We can therefor forget anyone with the balls to go to Ashley and demand money for inoming players of to kick up a fuss if a `star' player is going to be sold against his wishes.This would suggest a manager from the Championship at best,or a foreign coach making his way in the game.The next manager will be a huge gamble.

Pedro is odds on favourite iyam for our next manager. Will do as he's told, which is the only qualification required.

True but he'd still be far preferable to Pardew who is thoroughly dis-likable, can't use creative players AND only does as he's told.

The problem is (if there was any truth that he's under threat, which of course he should be but most likely isn't) who at the club would you trust to make a decision on his replacement?I don't really believe that there is no one decent that would come and work for Ashley because despite all of his obvious shortcomings, there are a lot of managers who jump at the chance to work for much smaller clubs with even greater restrictions.But since Ashley has been here there has been no evidence that there is any recruitment process that has any thought. Certainly no thought around how to make the team successful.Keegan was an easy choice to try and get fans on side as was Shearer. Neither of those appointments showed any thought to the ramifcations of appointing people like them (ie they want a certain level of autonomy and funding that he was never going to back).Hughton just ended up in the job by default because they didn't bother trying to find a manager.Pardew seems to have been appointed purely on the basis that he wouldn't rock the boat and just take whatever shit was given to him.And fuck knows what the thinking was with JFK. I can only assume it was to piss us off.So regardless of who is available, how can we expect an appointment that will actually benefit the team? We're likely to end up with Beardsley in charge!This isn't by any stretch me saying better the devil you know, I hate the bloke and don't want him near the club. But I find it difficult to believe we will get any improvement in ability unless we hit upon some massive luck.

It'll be Beardsley I've thought for a while if Pardew fucked off it'd be him.

I reckon it's Pedro's if he wants it but I'm not that sure he does (I suspect he could've had it by now if he did). Definitely seems to have Ashley's ear, if what I've heard is kosher, which is more than can be said for the manager (who hates him / sees him as a threat, allegedly).

Edited by Alex

The problem is (if there was any truth that he's under threat, which of course he should be but most likely isn't) who at the club would you trust to make a decision on his replacement?

I don't really believe that there is no one decent that would come and work for Ashley because despite all of his obvious shortcomings, there are a lot of managers who jump at the chance to work for much smaller clubs with even greater restrictions.

But since Ashley has been here there has been no evidence that there is any recruitment process that has any thought. Certainly no thought around how to make the team successful.

Keegan was an easy choice to try and get fans on side as was Shearer. Neither of those appointments showed any thought to the ramifcations of appointing people like them (ie they want a certain level of autonomy and funding that he was never going to back).

Hughton just ended up in the job by default because they didn't bother trying to find a manager.

Pardew seems to have been appointed purely on the basis that he wouldn't rock the boat and just take whatever shit was given to him.

And fuck knows what the thinking was with JFK. I can only assume it was to piss us off.

So regardless of who is available, how can we expect an appointment that will actually benefit the team? We're likely to end up with Beardsley in charge!

This isn't by any stretch me saying better the devil you know, I hate the bloke and don't want him near the club. But I find it difficult to believe we will get any improvement in ability unless we hit upon some massive luck.

Ashley might be ready to invest more in a manager now.

Don't laugh.

Times/finances are different.

Ashley's aim since the Keegan debacle has been to get the club into a self-financing position. He doesn't want to be putting money in. The profits the club is turning over in the last few years mean the club can afford a manager worthy of the Premier League. During the cost cutting exercises Hughton, Kinnear & Pardew were all brought in because they were cheap. Hughton was let go just before contract renewal discussions were due to start. He deserved to double his money for what he'd done. Pardew came in cheaper than that. Ashley just wasn't willing to pay for something the club couldn't afford.

Clearly the club can now afford better. So far this year we've spent 239% of our highest spend in any previous transfer window, net.

Since promotion the club has been investing much more on the playing staff...

2wd7fqx.jpg

What was a consistently improving profit on player sales for the club, has been reversed, so we're now spending more on players than we're recouping. The spend isn't growing as quickly as the profits did, but it's clear to see.

And most of us wonder where the rest of the cash is. So far we've only invested a fraction of the cash reserves at the club. There is still a huge debt, but as long as that's not recalled, it wouldn't make sense to me for a man who is all about growing his businesses to limit the clubs potential for no discernable reason.

He's been cautious, and will remain so, but the club can now continue to operate within it's means with a better profile manager, better backroom staff, and a significant yearly transfer budget. That wasn't the case 4 years ago when Pardiola strode into town.

I think getting another season was reward to Pardew and his staff for what they had done previously. Ashley is very loyal, and rewards loyalty to him (rather than to player a la Hughton). Pardew failing to repay that loyalty will allow the pair to part on agreed terms and a new man brought in to take the next step.

It'll be Beardsley I've thought for a while if Pardew fucked off it'd be him.

Most likely. They won't have the knowlege to go outside the club or someone they know which seem to have been their only ideas so far.

Getting rid of the clown we currently have might not change much other than having to listen to his constant shite.

Beardsley claims that what owner Mike Ashley is doing at youth level is ‘incredible‘ and that ‘Long term, it will be brilliant’.

This is why it could be him talk about Mr Brown Nose.

Ashley might be ready to invest more in a manager now.

Don't laugh.

Times/finances are different.

Ashley's aim since the Keegan debacle has been to get the club into a self-financing position. He doesn't want to be putting money in. The profits the club is turning over in the last few years mean the club can afford a manager worthy of the Premier League. During the cost cutting exercises Hughton, Kinnear & Pardew were all brought in because they were cheap. Hughton was let go just before contract renewal discussions were due to start. He deserved to double his money for what he'd done. Pardew came in cheaper than that. Ashley just wasn't willing to pay for something the club couldn't afford.

Clearly the club can now afford better. So far this year we've spent 239% of our highest spend in any previous transfer window, net.

Since promotion the club has been investing much more on the playing staff...

2wd7fqx.jpg

What was a consistently improving profit on player sales for the club, has been reversed, so we're now spending more on players than we're recouping. The spend isn't growing as quickly as the profits did, but it's clear to see.

And most of us wonder where the rest of the cash is. So far we've only invested a fraction of the cash reserves at the club. There is still a huge debt, but as long as that's not recalled, it wouldn't make sense to me for a man who is all about growing his businesses to limit the clubs potential for no discernable reason.

He's been cautious, and will remain so, but the club can now continue to operate within it's means with a better profile manager, better backroom staff, and a significant yearly transfer budget. That wasn't the case 4 years ago when Pardiola strode into town.

I think getting another season was reward to Pardew and his staff for what they had done previously. Ashley is very loyal, and rewards loyalty to him (rather than to player a la Hughton). Pardew failing to repay that loyalty will allow the pair to part on agreed terms and a new man brought in to take the next step.

Supposing that is true, the question still remains who in the club can be trusted to find a decent manager? Ashley's record of appointments for us is pretty appalling. They have either been kneejerk, cost cutting or a combination of both. He knows how to appoint the right people to run his business's because he knows what it takes in that field. He seemingly has no clue in football.

Supposing that is true, the question still remains who in the club can be trusted to find a decent manager? Ashley's record of appointments for us is pretty appalling. They have either been kneejerk, cost cutting or a combination of both. He knows how to appoint the right people to run his business's because he knows what it takes in that field. He seemingly has no clue in football.

I presume it will fall to Charnley with Ashley having the final yay/nay.

I presume it will fall to Charnley with Ashley having the final yay/nay.

My point exactly. Two blokes who seemingly know very little about football. I bet most of the people who post on here could come up with more realistic targets than those two.

My point exactly. Two blokes who seemingly know very little about football. I bet most of the people who post on here could come up with more realistic targets than those two.

Theres not that much in that regard to judge Charnley on is there? Hes not appointed a manager before, he seems to have little say in transfer targets other than handling negotiations

Devils advocate / contrary Twat

Strikes me as a lot of ignorance about Pardew.

1. Any replacement will have to work under the same rules and follow the company line. That would be made Crystal clear.

2. Pardew has no control over signings. I'm sure he would also love a first class CB and Striker. Anyone claiming different is stupid. (Regardless of his company line mutterings --- see point 1).

3. Last season Pardew has us 3 points off a CL spot at Christmas with....

An unhappy striking Cabaye

An under performing Ben Arfa

Our number 9 having forgotten how to score.

Kinnear running amok.

Yet still , 3 points off a cl spot by Christmas.

Then the star player is sold, morale is rock bottom and players have one eye on the world cup.

Are we really going to get a better manager ?

The old days where a manager ran the club, controlled transfers and could pressurise owners has long gone, yet some seem to be flogging this dream.

Pardews biggest problem is his gob. (Bit like me).

Beardsley to take over? Dear me.

Manager- Stevie

Tom- Assistant Manager

Parky- Non-Executive Director

Gemmill - Accountant and CFO

Ant - PR

Alex and Chez - Entertainments and Hospitality suites.

Nappy Race - Statistician

CSD - Spin Doctor and Media

Tooj - Opposition evaluation.

Fish- Tealady

Fist- Security

Kitman - Kitman

CT - Catering

Edited by Park Life