Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I honestly believe he puts fear into the players reg the opposition and it should be the other way round.

I think that was exactly the case on Saturday. As soon as Zaha came on the players were terrified of him. There's no reason any of our players should have been immediately frightened of a player who had previously done nothing in the premier league. But Pardew has repeatedly praised him. I can just imagine how he talked to our players about him before the game!

The budget has been there and they've had nigh on a year to draw up a list. Remy and Lacazette seem to have been it, even though both seem to have been pretty clear about not wanting to come.

The budget restraints are obvious. As is the fact they've had to replace something like 12 players. Given that it stands to reason they've struggled to get some of the deals over the line. Perhaps they could've done better but the point remains that I think it's harsh to blame Carr in particular, given he's done so well in the past with so little to work with. And he identified Remy in the first place, didn't he? His job is to identify the talent, not negotiate the contracts etc.

Edited by Alex

Having to deal with the constraints you list doesn't stop a manager from being able to coach. They don't make him fall out with Ben Arfa to the point that we lose a player who we could have easily got upwards of £10m for nothing. They don't make him think Steven Taylor is better than a French international that led his team to a shock title. They don't make him give Dummett a squad number. They don't make him play Cisse right wing or persist with Gouffran on the right when he's offering nothing. They don't prevent him from adding another striker to the game when your 1 - nil down at home with 20 minutes left on the opening day. They don't make him play Dummett. And they don't make you congratulate yourself for signing players or dedicate a win to the man who sold your best player from under you.

The appointment of a decent manger who would live with those constraints you mention could easily eliminate those problems.

To say Ben Arfa is not good enough for this team, is like saying Jon Jones is not good enough for the UFC, Usain Bolt not good enough for the Olympics, or Magnus Carlsen not good enough to be a top contender in chess. Pardew you are probably one of the least intelligent men I've ever came across.

Having to deal with the constraints you list doesn't stop a manager from being able to coach. They don't make him fall out with Ben Arfa to the point that we lose a player who we could have easily got upwards of £10m for nothing. They don't make him think Steven Taylor is better than a French international that led his team to a shock title. They don't make him give Dummett a squad number. They don't make him play Cisse right wing or persist with Gouffran on the right when he's offering nothing. They don't prevent him from adding another striker to the game when your 1 - nil down at home with 20 minutes left on the opening day. They don't make him play Dummett. And they don't make you congratulate yourself for signing players or dedicate a win to the man who sold your best player from under you.

The appointment of a decent manger who would live with those constraints you mention could easily eliminate those problems.

Possibly some of those points, but Ben Arfa had one good game last season and senior players wanted him out, not just Pardew. This is a manager who Ben Arfa has praised time and time again. Sure every so often (rarely) something would come off for him but more than not, he was a headless chicken of a player.

As for Mbwia, he was appalling in the centre and Shit at right back.

i fancy ben arfa to have a belting season at hull. he'll be the main man, bruce will tell him to express himself and not worry too much about tracking back down the wing, which is exactly what pardew should have done.

Possibly some of those points, but Ben Arfa had one good game last season and senior players wanted him out, not just Pardew. This is a manager who Ben Arfa has praised time and time again. Sure every so often (rarely) something would come off for him but more than not, he was a headless chicken of a player.

Be interesting to revisit this if both do well on loan, especially HBA.

"Senior players" including a captain who has done his best to fuck the club over for the last 18 months?

i fancy ben arfa to have a belting season at hull. he'll be the main man, bruce will tell him to express himself and not worry too much about tracking back down the wing, which is exactly what pardew should have done.

I'd be astonished if this doesn't happen barring injury.

"Senior players" including a captain who has done his best to fuck the club over for the last 18 months?

:lol: Aye and who has also been struggling for any sort of form.

A change of manager would bring a lot of difference, we wouldn't play Pardews awful brand of football. We honestly look one of the worst footballing sides every year, I watch Leicester players passing the ball cleanly and putting in good crosses and these are (for the most part) seen as championship level players, meanwhile our side of internationals looks mostly clueless and then go and impress for their respective national sides when they play.

I really think he sends them out there with very few instructions. Even then a lot of his instructions seem wank, such as the constant playing a high line against quick opposition which places Colocinni and Williamson in a footrace with Agbonlahor/Walcott/Van Persie etc and has failed time and time again.

A new manager most likely wouldn't try and defend a 1 goal half time lead for the entirety of the 2nd half every fucking time we have one, he might also be able to get his team to turn around a result from a losing position. It's getting to the point where I'm not even arsed I just want rid of probably the most dis likable bloke in the Premiership.

Ben Arfa's got history at every club he's ever been at, so as much as I loved watching him, I'm not going to defend the bloke too much. I'm sure he'll piss off more mangers in future too.

Mbiwa though, was dealt a tough hand. He played all his first games in the league alongside Steven Taylor when Coloccini fucked off for a start. Poor sod.

No Ben Arfa didn't play well last season but certainly from January onwards he mostly was given a few minutes at the end of games when things weren't going well and was expected to magic something out of nothing while still tracking back. Regardless of that though and the fact that he didn't help himself, Pardew's treatment of him cost us money. (I do actually agree that Ben Arfa's the type of player who starts off well but then falls away)

And I just plain disagree about Mbiwa. He got a run of starts at centreback when Colo was out alongside Williamson and that was the best our defence looked all season. He's certainly shit at rightback but I don't blame him for not being good when he's played out of position (again pardews fault especially when he had the choice to play Taylor there who's probably played better at fullback than he ever has in the centre).

And I just plain disagree about Mbiwa. He got a run of starts at centreback when Colo was out alongside Williamson and that was the best our defence looked all season. He's certainly shit at rightback but I don't blame him for not being good when he's played out of position (again pardews fault especially when he had the choice to play Taylor there who's probably played better at fullback than he ever has in the centre).

Even when he played in the middle he was hardly destined for success. At Man City he had Elliot behind him, Taylor alongside, Simpson and Jonas as full backs. Wouldn't have known if he was coming or going.

I was thinking the other day that I can't remember a time when we passed the ball around so well as we are this season. I know the game has changed from a few years back and that ball retention is now more important than it used to be, but I can recall feeling the same way with Newcastle as I do about England once, in being perpetually frustrated by our inability to string passes together. It's nice to see that Pardew has us playing like this.

Short memories ;)

You've nicely picked comments from the spell of two months when we played well last season.

If you've got so much time on your hands to trawl through all the posts from last season try and find comments like that from any other part of the season.

What about before or after that period CT? the football has been fucking fabulous since then hasn't it? and the season before last how was the football on show then? Even when we finished 5th we rarely played interesting football, most were 1-0 ground out bore fests. The most interesting football we played under Pardew was just after he took over for Hughton, but he couldn't sustain that.