Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The thing is this window we are desperate for a named striker shola was gone (I know ) Cisse had a bad injury. Also Remy the guy that scored the goals that saved us from relegation was gone. These new players have played a couple of games together and yeah they can attack but its obvious we are desperately missing THAT striker. Its ok knocking free kicks and corners in for Williamson but if he's got nobody to nod them down to what is the point. Yeah I know he scored one on saturday but do we have to rely on defenders and subs to score our goals. At the end of the day we knew what was needed they knew what was needed and chose to ignore it.

No I don't, but I disagree he is the MAIN problem.

Had we signed Remy, Lacazette and a quality centre back in July I doubt very much this would be getting discussed, which is the bottom line.

He's not, Ashley is the main problem and has always been. Even if we signed those players Pardew would still be being discussed tbh, the majority don't like his football. Even when we come 5th he tried to defend 1 goal leads from half time against much weaker sides at home etc.

I don't think blaming Carr is fair at all, he's doing his job and doing it well. If he had any say in actually signing people we'd have Wilfried Bony up front, with Lacazette, and Grenier behind, Douglas playing CB. Who knows who else he has recommended on his various lists he has given to whoever does the actual bidding. Also he seems to be our only scout, we're possibly the only team in the top two divisions (other then perhaps Blackpool) with 1 scout, it's laughable.

Charnley is just an utter puppet and I have serious doubts about how much he actually does, what was his job before taking over Llambias' role? was he the bloke that herded the pressers into the press conference room or some bollocks?

Any manager who has had the run Pardew has had since xmas time (regardless of rugs being pulled out) would most probably have been fired, especially after the season he had after finishing 5th.

Edited by Howay

We could have signed all those players but fans would still want Pardew out because he's a shit manager and would have ruined them, like he's doing now and has done. We will never see the best of Cabella, Riviere, De Jong or Sissoko with Pardew as manager. Debuchy even said that he didn't play to his best because Pardew told him to be more defensive whereas Deshamps let him play his natural game for France.

So, in a nutshell CT, your views are...

1a. Cabaye was a difficult, stroppy, striking le sulk last season and Pardew showed his maad skillz to overcome that and be there or thereabouts at christmas.

1b. Cabaye was the genius heartbeat of the team last season and Pardew was helpless to do anything once he was sold.

2a. Mike Ashley is Football Genius.

2b. Mike Ashley is the main problem at the club and hamstrings his manager with player recruitment

3a. Pardew deserved to be sacked after we finished 5th, despite the constraints on him at the time

3b. Pardew doesn't deserve the sack after 18 points from 22 games, despite less constraints on the purse strings now.

Name change to Consistent Tree.

We had no choice but to sell Demba. He negogiated a clause when he came.

As for Carr, is he really as good as we think?

Luke De Jong, Shit

Mbwia, thinks Orem is too physical

We should probably have two or three Graham Carr's on the go.

Are you serious?

You've named two players, one was a loan deal that May have worked out if we didn't play Pardew's way and the other has just joined a club in the Champions League because Pardew either fell out with him, or just couldn't see the potential.

Fucks sake CT, try harder?

Pardew's 5th place isn't undermined as an achievement because CT is an inconsistent and contrary poster. The debate, as usual, is more about him than the actual facts.

You dont fluke to 5th in the premiership, you can however get there with consistency in a season where one of two other clubs have an off season. The consistency of performance in that season was down to the manager. Thats the best argument that can be made for him, with a decent consistent starting 11, with the right firepower he has the ability to make us consistent. However, i think he has gone a bit stale in the role so we are now not even seeing that. He is at best average (which is ok for the "best league in the world") but the staleness, which are for reasons i think already set out on here, means he is below average right now so without the fire power its going to be tricky.

The only sensible option i see now is to sack him and bring in Moyes. That wont happen so we live with it until we look like imploding and even then Ashley will spend his way out of trouble.

Thanks Alan but now we've had enough.

Moyes in.

Selection of quotes from CT on Carr....

"Our chances of success will likely depend more on the success of Graham Carr than anyone else at the club."

"Once again, CT ahead of the field bigging up Graham Carr while the football manager sheep and rectum dwellers laugh like hyenas."

"Graham, Graham Carr, Graham, Graham Carr, Graham, Graham Car, Super Graham Carr"

"He's here, He's there, he's searching everywhere....Graham Carr, Graham Carr........"

"As for Carr, is he really as good as we think?"

Is there anybody you won't throw on the fire in your endeavour to be as contrary as possible?

We had no choice but to sell Demba. He negogiated a clause when he came.

As for Carr, is he really as good as we think?

Luke De Jong, Shit

Mbwia, thinks Orem is too physical

We should probably have two or three Graham Carr's on the go.

I think Luuk De Jong was someone we took a chance on on loan. Simple as. It didn't come off but there was little risk involved. I know Carr was supposed to have look at him earlier but we probably eventually signed him at a bad time when he was already low on confidence and he never really looked like being the answer unfortuantely. I think Mbiwa looked canny alongside Williamson and that's his best role, i.e. being the one to sweep alongside a marker in a CB partnership. Understandably, he didn't play as well when he was shoved out to RB etc. I think he was probably meant to be the insurance policy if Colo left / long-term replacement if he didn't. It can't have helped when the latter got his place straight back in the side at Mbiwa's expense even though Mbiwa had done well there. He's now been shipped out and Colo doesn't look to be in great form (and quite frankly looks rather questionable in terms of commitment / appears to be making sure he doesn't look too bad). You might not accept that but I think that's down to poor man-management on the part of Pardew.

I would certainly agree with you about Graham Carr probably having too great a workload for one bloke, despite his success in the past and his many continental contacts. That rather negates your point about a lot of the blame being down to him though.

Moyes, Di Matteo, Steve Clarke, Laudrup.

I'd have any of them ahead of what we already have. As has been said countless times already in the last couple of pages, it's on pitch where the issues are - Pardew is tactically inept, makes ludicrous substitutions time and time again and never has a plan B.

And don't harp on about the 4-4 v Arsenal either. That was a freak result if ever there was one. One penalty should never have been given and the other was questionable.

Oh what a shock. CT checks to see which way the wind of popular opinion among real nufc supporters is blowing then takes the contrary view.

Don't even bother responding lads, he's a pure wind up merchant. You can see from how often he changes his line. He's just tapping away with a stupid grin on his chubby chops, chortling over his pastie every time someone bites.

Pardew's 5th place isn't undermined as an achievement because CT is an inconsistent and contrary poster. The debate, as usual, is more about him than the actual facts.

You dont fluke to 5th in the premiership, you can however get there with consistency in a season where one of two other clubs have an off season. The consistency of performance in that season was down to the manager. Thats the best argument that can be made for him, with a decent consistent starting 11, with the right firepower he has the ability to make us consistent. However, i think he has gone a bit stale in the role so we are now not even seeing that. He is at best average (which is ok for the "best league in the world") but the staleness, which are for reasons i think already set out on here, means he is below average right now so without the fire power its going to be tricky.

The only sensible option i see now is to sack him and bring in Moyes. That wont happen so we live with it until we look like imploding and even then Ashley will spend his way out of trouble.

Thanks Alan but now we've had enough.

Moyes in.

Fair. Not boring Moyes though Shirley? Some mad foreign coach better yeah?

Lee Charnley was club secretary, i.e. he kept the keys to the stationary cupboard.

Head of football admin, responsible for adhering to all F.A. rules for signings, contracts, suspentions etc. Quite a responsible position tbf, but does it qualify you to go head to head with a fuckin snake like Willy Mckay et al?

I'd take Moyes over Pardew any day.

Though if we're talking mad frenchies how about getting Ginola back, with the promise of uniting the French players and the return of zeksee football. Ooh la la

I'd take Moyes over Pardew any day.

Though if we're talking mad frenchies how about getting Ginola back, with the promise of uniting the French players and the return of zeksee football. Ooh la la

Why not make it a dream team? Distin as defensive coach, Larry Robert on kit design, Bernard on catering, Franck Dumas on vibes.

Pardew's a busted flush and he, (and everyone else), knows it, as Chez says, at best he's average but has went stale, at worst he's just a bit shit. To be fair you'd need to be super energised working in Ashley's football club and you can only keep it going so long if at all.

Moyes, Di Matteo, Steve Clarke, Laudrup.

Moyes : Boring and ginger with too many wrinkles...Gollum wanabee. Would develop a rock defence however and the full backs would blossom.

Di Matteo - Not sure about him at all...But no denying the pedigree and football knowledge. Zola lite?

Steve Clarke - Wildly underrated as a manager and his research and preperation are legendry...Used to do those folders of the opp for Mourinho and Mou rates him.

Laudrup- Don't rate him as highly as I'd like...Superstar manager but gets bored. Knows how to set up a passing game (even if it's a bit sideways).

I would have gone for Poch if he was still at S'ton.

Ideally Tuchel or Yakin. These are top boys.

Moyes : Boring and ginger with too many wrinkles...Gollum wanabee. Would develop a rock defence however and the full backs would blossom.

Di Matteo - Not sure about him at all...But no denying the pedigree and football knowledge. Zola lite?

Steve Clarke - Wildly underrated as a manager and his research and preperation are legendry...Used to do those folders of the opp for Mourinho and Mou rates him.

Laudrup- Don't rate him as highly as I'd like...Superstar manager but gets bored. Knows how to set up a passing game (even if it's a bit sideways).

I would have gone for Poch if he was still at S'ton.

Ideally Tuchel or Yakin. These are top boys.

what about the Georgian head case? That's if the electric hoardings could take it.......