Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There probably is an argument to keep him - I just don't know what it is anymore.

The only reasons I can think of is Ashley's budget constraints are the real problem.

Also, there are factors like having loads of good players sold, so his job can't be easy. And dont forget he did win manager of the season recently, only to get shafted in the following three transfer windows.

Oh and he's had to put up with Joe Kinnear.

All that being said, I'm sick of looking at his face. If he chooses to peddle the clubs patter about us having a full rosta, then allow Ben Arfa and Mbwia to leave without demanding a back fills, he can do one.

So I voted sack, but fully accept things won't improve.

It's not like I'm asking for much, just a manager who's face doesn't irritate me.

The only reasons I can think of is Ashley's budget constraints are the real problem.

Also, there are factors like having loads of good players sold, so his job can't be easy. And dont forget he did win manager of the season recently, only to get shafted in the following three transfer windows.

Oh and he's had to put up with Joe Kinnear.

All that being said, I'm sick of looking at his face. If he chooses to peddle the clubs patter about us having a full rosta, then allow Ben Arfa and Mbwia to leave without demanding a back fills, he can do one.

So I voted sack, but fully accept things won't improve.

It's not like I'm asking for much, just a manager who's face doesn't irritate me.

I don't think he's been backed but he doesn't help himself. He's pretty much constantly irritating.

Plenty of managers have survived worse than what Pardew has had to endure & performed better than he has. There are a lot of myths that get banded about - we aren't that negative, we don't play long ball football. The problem is we don't play good football either and I don't think Pardew is the one to inspire them - he is dour as fuck.

I'm sicking of talking about him and really the club needs the change. Fans don't need to be reminded of our limitations or told we're going to get beat etc.

Aye sick of the sight of the smug tosser now. I understand Ashley does fuck him about but he's actively positive about it and constantly peddles the bullshit. He did do well after Hughton and I wont take finishing 5th away from him, it was a good achievement but I think he has lost the players confidence/trust and any authority over them and once that happens it's really time to move on. I know it doesn't change the root of the problem but it freshens things up and we might start seeing some football that's worth watching for the first time in years.

Like I've said elsewhere I think getting Moyes is a no brainer, due to his comfort getting results out of a tight budget and paying him the wages he wants works out in the long run as he increases players fees due to his system. Still doubt it'll happen and we'll get someone we'd thought had long given up on management.

4/1 Tony Pulis

6/1 David Moyes

8/1 Steve Bruce

12/1 Christophe Galtier

12/1 Tim Sherwood

16/1 Joe Kinnear

16/1 Malky Mackay

16/1 Neil Lennon

25/1 Kevin Keegan

33/1 Peter Beardsley

40/1 Dennis Wise

250/1 Robbie Fowler

Latest odds on Pardew's successor.

I voted no. I believe we cannot attract anyone better and the best long term interests of the club are for Ashley to sell, which he'll only do if either the club makes a loss or his SD investors lose confidence in his brand. I've felt this way ever since hughton was sacked. Pardews track record is not one that shows any evidence he will get us out of the championship, in fact one that we may end up in league one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy about thinking that but a big financial disaster seems the only way out for our abused and exploited club.

I'll play along though, I reckon we'd only get someone like Michael Appleton, but after his Portsmouth experiences he's well prepared for Ashley regularly chopping and weakening his squad.

Edited by scoobos

Pardew = spent force, surplus to requirements, busted flush, living on borrowed time regarding the managers job. I honestley can't think of any reason he should remainas manager of Newcastle United.

Next naysayer, get your reasons up please. I can loosely appreciate the pro-armageddon stance of Scoobos, assuming I have actually understood it. I can't see it happening, which is why I remain in the STCN club.

On what basis, on any level, should Alan Pardew still be managing Newcastle United? Don't make me list the reasons why he shouldn't.

Yep you got it trophy, horrible innit. But I think we all know the reasons that Pardew is a poor manager, but who do you think would take the job? Out of the bookies list above I dônt believe any of them would take the job, let alone do any better. My view is the better a coach does at NUFC the more likely he is to lose the players that perform. Ashley really is playing the club like a sports warehouse, and probably gets a hard on at the sums of money hes gambling with, buy at 5 mil, sell at 10+.

Edited by scoobos

I don't buy the couldn't attract anyone better argument. Yes we're not going to attract absolute top class managers in the same way we're not going to attract the very top payers.

But there are plenty of managers who work all over europe who have had to deal with lunatic owners and or financial meltdowns. We are still a reasonably big name in world football and we still have plenty of international players. That would attract some pretty decent managers.

The bigger problem for me would be that I have no faith in Ashley and Charnley to be able to recognise what qualities are needed in a good manager let alone find someone who has them. Unless Ashley has some advisors we don't know about in that area I really can't believe that we're capable of doing any sort of extensive recruitment process.

That said I'm at the point that I really don't care who comes in as long as Pardew is gone. I fucking hate everything about the smarmey cunt.

I think lunatic owners are becoming more and more common really - that and they get more attention these days.

If a manager is performing badly sometimes the Sky camera will focus on the chairman in the stand etc.

I think lunatic owners are becoming more and more common really - that and they get more attention these days.

If a manager is performing badly sometimes the Sky camera will focus on the chairman in the stand etc.

See I don't think Ashley is a lunatic owner or anything. It's clear he's made a few huge mistakes; buying without due diligence, haggling with Mansour, staffing choices, and a failure to invest in the club to prevent relegation. However he's now running the club in a way that means we're unlikely to be relegated (I think we'll flirt with it often, but survive because of Xmas window), we're just not going to enjoy football under him.

Pardew has managed nufc for 30% of derbies in Premier league history (7/24)

Pardew has been in charge for 50% of the nufc defeats to safc in the Premier league (3/6)

Pardew's nufc have conceded 40% of all the goals safc have scored against nufc in the Premier league (11/28)

Pardew's nufc have scored 14% of all the goals nufc have scored against safc in the Premier league (5/35)

nufc took 1.76 Points per game from safc prior to Pardew's arrival.

nufc have taken 0.86 Points per game from safc since Pardew's arrival.

Those that voted no might want to delte their vote and try again.