Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1. In 2014 no Premier League Team has won fewer league games than Newcastle United (5/25)

2. In 2014 no Premier League Team has lost more league games than Newcastle United (16/25)

3. In 2014 no Premier League Team has a worse goal difference than Newcastle United (-28)

4. In 2014 no Premier League Team scored fewer goals than Newcastle United (19/25)

5. In 2014 no Premier League Team has fewer clean sheets than Newcastle United (5/25)

6. In 2014 no Premier League Team conceded more goals than Newcastle United (47/25)

7. In 2014 no team in England has failed to score as frequently as Newcastle United (16/25)

8. Newcastle United failed to score in 17 from 26 games from 29 December 2013. This matches a 33 year old record set by Arthur Cox in 1981 with a team inherited from Bill McGarry.

9. Newcastle United have 19 points from 26 games. You have to go back 36 years to 1978 for the last time the club failed to earn 20 points from 26 games under Bill McGarry.

10. Newcastle United lost half of their games in 2012/2013 (19/38), a feat not achieved in 25 years since the relegation season of 1988/1989 under Jim Smith (21/38). Pardew went one better though and repeated this ignominy again in 2013/2014.

11. 68 goals conceded in 2012/2013 is the most goals Newcastle United have conceded in a single season since 1991/1992 when the club battled against relegation to the third tier.

12. When Pardew lost 6 league games in a row earlier this year he matched a 27 year old record set by Willie Mcfaul in 1986/1987

13. Alan Pardew has managed Newcastle United to three consecutive derby losses, the first time Newcastle lost three in a row since 1924.

14. Newcastle scored as many goals in one game against the mackems under Chris Hughton as Alan Pardew has in the seven games since (5).

15. Newcastle have conceded as many goals to the mackems in the seven games Alan Pardew managed as the previous 7 Newcastle managers conceded combined across thirteen games (11)

16. Alan Pardew is the first Newcastle Manager to fail to score in a game against the mackems since Jim Smith in May 1990, ending a 24 year and 25 game streak. He proceeded to repeat this twice in 3 games. Both at St James Park, the first consecutive home blanks against the mackems since 1901.

17. Alan Pardew has managed Newcastle United for less than a third of Tyne-Wear derbies in Premier league history (7/24), yet has overseen half of the Newcastle defeats (3/6).

18. Before Pardew arrived Newcastle had lost a total of 35 Premier League games by 3 goals or more in 17 years. Pardew himself has lost 21 Premier League games by 3 goals or more in less than 4 years since December 2010. This is more than any other Premier League club in the same period.

19. The 6 nil home thrashing from Liverpool was the biggest home defeat in 89 years (since September 1925, Newcastle 1-7 Blackburn).

20. Alan Pardew has been bought £90m worth of players in less than 4 years.

I actually felt quite sorry for him. He looked, to put it simply, sad. His body language gives me the impression he knows the game is almost up and fans chanting against him isn't exactly something he can just ignore. Fact is its a results business and he has to go, but I don't hate the guy.

I dont hate him but I do dislike him. My main problem with him is that he's hopelessly out of his depth and a substandard manager, but its his attempt to cover it up with bullshit patter and walter mitty statements that grate.

I think this season could be it for Ashley & Pardew forget about selling in 20 months I can see him selling up at the end of this season when we're relegated. I think Ashley & Pardew will have their meeting Pardew will be told your ok just keep going. I now honestly think Ashley's parting shot will be to let us get relegated sell the club for the £50+ million that he bought it for & walk away leaving us in the Championship.

I don't know how anyone can not hate him. He's always been a cunt. Now he's a cunt who's taking us down and taking the piss out of us at the same time. The one good thing about last night was seeing him look like he was about to cry on the touch line.

I dunno like, I think he's just chronically lacking in self awareness. Even now I reckon he would probably want us to win as much as we want us to win, and the fact that he's been getting so emotional about it suggests that this really dos matter to him.

He's hopeless, and he needs to go, but at the end of the day I feel for him a bit. It's not like he's been actively trying to sabotage the club.

Plus, as far back as they were, there have been some good times. That 1-0 defeat of Man Utd last year turned into one of the best nights out I've ever had, it was a truly special result.

All of this said, I was expecting to see a headline about his dismissal by now...

He won't quit because it's his meal ticket, but with every passing game he knows he's becoming less and less re-employable when Ashley finally pulls the trigger. No wonder he's looking glum.

He'll be fine for re-employment. Plenty of managers will be fired this season and he'll swoop into any of the bottom half sides.

Wouldn't put it beyond Ashley to re-hire him later in the season tbf.

We've all made comments about how if he had any pride/self-respect he'd have resigned on any one of several occasions. I think its now becomeing more pathetic on a daily basis as I'm not sure who is hanging him out to dry more - the fans/media/Ashley or his own shite manangement/results and comments.

I haven't got to the feeling sorry for him stage and I'm determined not to but it's beyond pathetic at the moment.

I dunno like, I think he's just chronically lacking in self awareness. Even now I reckon he would probably want us to win as much as we want us to win, and the fact that he's been getting so emotional about it suggests that this really dos matter to him.

He's hopeless, and he needs to go, but at the end of the day I feel for him a bit. It's not like he's been actively trying to sabotage the club.

Plus, as far back as they were, there have been some good times. That 1-0 defeat of Man Utd last year turned into one of the best nights out I've ever had, it was a truly special result.

All of this said, I was expecting to see a headline about his dismissal by now...

I really don't care if he wants us to win or if he's trying his best. He's clearly a cunt. There have been numerous tales about his arrogant attitude from the past and we can all hear the shite that comes from his mouth now. Tbh there are cunts that support us too. The fact someone supports Newcastle United and wants us to do well doesn't make them any less of a cunt.

I actually think he'd be delighted to be sacked now. To take the money and just stick two fingers up at us would please him no end. Money is the only issue left for him and Ashley now. Football wise he clearly needs to go. Ashley's only decision is when does the point come when he's the amount he's dammaging his investment is greater than the amount of compensation he has to pay and the cost of getting a new manager. If he thought he could get one on the same wage he'd probably be gone by now.

On a matchday.

The owner is getting money.The manager is getting money.The backroom staff are getting money.The players are getting money.Agents are getting money.The groundstaff are getting money.The tv/radio people are getting money.Newspaper reporters are getting money.The bar/kiosk staff are getting money.Staff in the club shop are getting money.The turnstile people are getting money.The programme sellers are getting money.The police are getting money.Stewards are getting money.Only the supporters are dipping into their pockets on a matchday.Everyone is in it for the money except the fans and the fans are treated like shit.

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

There was a moment near the end of the match last night when the camera was on him and he tried to shout out some instructions but clearly didn't have a clue what to say so he just turned around and went back to the dugout. He looked so pathetic that you had to feel sorry for him. That's if you didn't know what an absolute cunt the bloke is. At that momemnt I laughed. It was the only enjoyable part of the game for me!