Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you aren't on twitter, today would be a good day to get on, with no live coverage of the press conf (i assume there will be one). Live updates from journos potentially.

<_<

Plus if everyone gets on, we can all follow one another, and in an emergency someone can issue a "Toontastic ASSEMBLE!" order. It'll be like G-Force.

;)

As unhappy as i am to have Pardew here, I think it's going overboard to blame him for Hughton's sack, and of being a conniving scumbag just because he was approached about the job before Hughton went.

He's just a manager looking to get back in the game who's been given a fantastic opportunity. He's never had such a high profile job and he'd be a mug to say no because there's already someone in the job.

We'd all have a reet pop at Ashley (and did) if he'd sacked the manager without anyone else lined up....like we had a pop at Shepherd for doing it too when we ended up with Souness.

The galling thing is that having done what they should do when replacing a manager, and getting a firm candidate lined up......that candidate is dogshit.

After a decent few days from the media, it's cliche bingo time ;)

David Craig on Sky Sports News: "these fans would rather see a 4-3 loss than a scrappy 1-0 win" NO WE WOULDN'T!!!

Caught that over lunch. Fucking unbelievable.

As unhappy as i am to have Pardew here, I think it's going overboard to blame him for Hughton's sack, and of being a conniving scumbag just because he was approached about the job before Hughton went.

He's just a manager looking to get back in the game who's been given a fantastic opportunity. He's never had such a high profile job and he'd be a mug to say no because there's already someone in the job.

We'd all have a reet pop at Ashley (and did) if he'd sacked the manager without anyone else lined up....like we had a pop at Shepherd for doing it too when we ended up with Souness.

The galling thing is that having done what they should do when replacing a manager, and getting a firm candidate lined up......that candidate is dogshit.

Not that I disagree with that, but the one thing that's inescapable about Pardew's appointment is that he's knowingly signed upto the 'cunts charter' in taking the job.

Thus it distinguishes him from Hughton who you can only imagine was determined to try and get some money for strengthening in January for the good of the club. Pardew has effectively signed up and said he'll do it with a zero transfer budget, which is entirely to the detriment of the clubs Prem League status. That is something that can be rightly criticised of itself. It also means that in none of his post match interviews is he allowed to blame results on a lack of cover or resorces, he's basically saying in advance that he's happy with the approach the club are taking on all of that. Obviously I realise that's heavily stage managed by the club, but that's neither here nor there.

The problem I have is that this deal was in place two months ago and they were just waiting for the first sign of trouble. If you've got someone else lined up, just sack Hughton as soon as you shake hands with Pardew, don't string Hughton and the players along for two months looking for a justification (which backfired and actually made things worse)

After a decent few days from the media, it's cliche bingo time ;)

David Craig on Sky Sports News: "these fans would rather see a 4-3 loss than a scrappy 1-0 win" NO WE WOULDN'T!!!

What we would rather see is Ashley fall from the top of the Leazes end and land on David Craig killing both of them instantly!

He is clearly in bed with Ashley and Lambarse. The only thing on my conscience is that by not supporting Pardew it might have detrimental affect on the team.

5 and a half years. I wonder if there'll still be such a thing as Newcastle United FC by that time. Certainly not the way we're going now.

I made the reference to Burnley earlier in this thread and there's nothing else that describes this so concisely. Young and upcoming manager brings the club into the top flight again on a shoestring, gets good results, leaves (of course, Coyle left of his own volition and Hughton was disgracefully hoyed out, but we'll gloss over that for the moment), and is replaced by a shit manager who is not only shit but has a track record that demonstrates that he's shit. Relegation ensues.

The best part is that after having this shit once again, we're going to have to listen to Ashley, Llambias, and their proxy on this board, the Tree (Plank would be more accurate) tell us that this is actually success.

Having got myself in a more sober and awake state than when I was posting last night, I don't actually blame him for getting Hughton sacked or think that he particularly was conniving with the chuckle brothers about it either. But I do firmly beleive he knows what he's getting himself into, in that he's not here to try and win things or even establish us as premiership club. He's here to do Ashley's bidding and bring through players and sell them on until the fat cunt is satisfied that he's raped us as much he feels necessary. To me Pardew is complicit in Ashley's self serving agenda and as such deserves no chance from us at all. Obviously I'll be happy to be proved wrong but I'm certain I won't be.

All three of them deserve nothing but our contempt and that's certainly what they'll be getting from me.

Not that I disagree with that, but the one thing that's inescapable about Pardew's appointment is that he's knowingly signed upto the 'cunts charter' in taking the job.

Thus it distinguishes him from Hughton who you can only imagine was determined to try and get some money for strengthening in January for the good of the club. Pardew has effectively signed up and said he'll do it with a zero transfer budget, which is entirely to the detriment of the clubs Prem League status. That is something that can be rightly criticised of itself. It also means that in none of his post match interviews is he allowed to blame results on a lack of cover or resorces, he's basically saying in advance that he's happy with the approach the club are taking on all of that. Obviously I realise that's heavily stage managed by the club, but that's neither here nor there.

Not sure why you think Hughton was better than that though....he's gone along with the 'no capital outlay' quite happily.

I wouldn't be surprised if pardew has been promised money to spend either.

The problem I have is that this deal was in place two months ago and they were just waiting for the first sign of trouble. If you've got someone else lined up, just sack Hughton as soon as you shake hands with Pardew, don't string Hughton and the players along for two months looking for a justification (which backfired and actually made things worse)

I agree, but that's why Ashley/Llambias are twats....not necessarily Pardew.

Not sure why you think Hughton was better than that though....he's gone along with the 'no capital outlay' quite happily.

I wouldn't be surprised if pardew has been promised money to spend either.

He took the job when we'd been relegated with multi millionaires warming the bench. I didnt disagree with trimming the fat/shit out of the club at that time, it's what it desperately needed. He also took the job in more transitional circumstances having been the assistant manager. I doubt there was quite the same preamble to the contract negotiations that the Pardew appointment has borne witness to.

As to the second paragraph, I spose we can only speculate at the moment.

Having got myself in a more sober and awake state than when I was posting last night, I don't actually blame him for getting Hughton sacked or think that he particularly was conniving with the chuckle brothers about it either. But I do firmly beleive he knows what he's getting himself into, in that he's not here to try and win things or even establish us as premiership club. He's here to do Ashley's bidding and bring through players and sell them on until the fat cunt is satisfied that he's raped us as much he feels necessary. To me Pardew is complicit in Ashley's self serving agenda and as such deserves no chance from us at all. Obviously I'll be happy to be proved wrong but I'm certain I won't be.

All three of them deserve nothing but our contempt and that's certainly what they'll be getting from me.

I see where you're coming from but we all know Ashley is the puppet master. He moves people in and out of the club so we've got new people to blame/hate....Wise, Kinnear, Jiminez, llambias, Pardew....but at the end of the day, these are all just people whose wages he pays. No point wasting energy on pushing for them to be moved on as long as Ashley's bringing in their replacement.

The "good guys" like Keegan, Shearer and Hughton who we gave our full support were just as willing to work with Ashley and each one was more aware of who they were working with than the last, I don't think Hughton will be particularly shocked at his treatment, given the past record of Ashley....but he still grasped the opportunity in much the same way as Pardew has.

I agree, but that's why Ashley/Llambias are twats....not necessarily Pardew.

Aye i'm sure he's not employed anything underhand to get the job it's not like he's not trustworthy or reliable!

the kind of guy you'd trust with your wif....hang on!

"Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around the eyes, look into my eyes, *snap* you're under. Hughton has not been doing an adequate job, he must be replaced before christmas, whatever the position in the league or he'll blow you're investment, I on the other hand am a magnificent manager who will win 100% of games and have you rolling in money *snap* You're back in the room."

I don't think Ashley's that suggestible.

Edited by Happy Face