Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah because you dealt with Ben Arfa amazingly, didn't you, Alan?

:D

As a manager you get different kinds of mavericks. Some mavericks you can lose, sometimes it gets away from you and becomes problematic. Ben Arfa up at Newcastle became impossible."

"It hasnt happened many times in my career and I dont think it will happen with Ade.

Because our form since he left has proven him wrong, he thinks he can deflect with mutterings about Palace.

im Team Chez on this debate.

If you look at Pardews record from a distance then its exactly what you'd expect from the personnel he had it his disposable.

im Team Chez on this debate.

If you look at Pardews record from a distance then its exactly what you'd expect from the personnel he had it his disposable.

That doesn't excuse the Derby defeats to shit safc teams or the style of play.

That doesn't excuse the Derby defeats to shit safc teams or the style of play.

Or his inability to arrest a dip in form, his embarrassing behaviour on the sidelines, his baffling substitutions, etc.

Pardew's time was well and truly up whether anyone thought he was utter shit, hopeless, OK, not bad or Keegan and Sir Bob's love child.

I got grief for saying that too. His time was at an end and it was best for everyone he moved on. The only flaw in the thinking was that the arsehole in charge was still in charge.

I read recently that a statistical analysis had shown that 89% of a football club's position in the league could be explained by money and 11% by manager. The authors admit that the analysis was a bit fishy and there were loads of factors getting mixed up.

Anyway, i think we can safely say we have proven that analysis wrong this season.

I got grief for saying that too. His time was at an end and it was best for everyone he moved on. The only flaw in the thinking was that the arsehole in charge was still in charge.

I read recently that a statistical analysis had shown that 89% of a football club's position in the league could be explained by money and 11% by manager. The authors admit that the analysis was a bit fishy and there were loads of factors getting mixed up.

Anyway, i think we can safely say we have proven that analysis wrong this season.

I would suggest that behind the money there is typically intent to progress/challenge/develop throughout. In our case that is obviously not true, money has been hoyed at the midfield and almost every other aspect of the club is run on buttons.

I would suggest that behind the money there is typically intent to progress/challenge/develop throughout. In our case that is obviously not true, money has been hoyed at the midfield and almost every other aspect of the club is run on buttons.

Indeed. Its also true that those clubs spending money on players also spend money on managers and attract the best ones.

Van Gaal is doing his best to disprove the idea too.

Trying to prove a formula between money/managers/success is like nailing shite to the wall. There is so much more going on in football than that, it's a simplistic view that changing manager or spending more makes you successful.

Pardew was consistently shite however and he should never have been near our club.

Indeed. Its also true that those clubs spending money on players also spend money on managers and attract the best ones.

Van Gaal is doing his best to disprove the idea too.

I think he is possibly past it, deluded, arrogant, mad, all of the above. You can't fault the owners at Man U for having a go, I think they should have given gollum longer. They were always going to have a nightmare after SAF and may be extending it with their ongoing rolodex-a-manager approach. I hope Mourinho goes there and makes an absolute arse of it too. Have 50 years with fuck all you spoilt bastards.

Edited by trophyshy

Or maybe his reputation is built on the fact that he manged Ajax when they were the best Dutch side and won everything anyway, Barcelona and Bayern in not very competitive leagues. He's not exactly been managed miracles by winning at those clubs. I cant remember whether RM were any good when he was there but its not exactly a massive achievement to win things domestically with those three clubs when he did. I mean if you put Pardew in charge of Bayern in the 09-10 season, would he have been able to beat Schalke to the title?

:smoke-1:

I cant remember whether RM were any good when he was there

Didn't they win the European Cup during that period? Mijatovic scored the winner against Juventus iirc. It was just the start of the side that became the Galaticos. It was a pretty good team.

I don't think you could argue La Liga was wasn't competitive at that time anyway. Apart from Real Madrid, Athletico Madrid won the league in the mid-90s and Valencia has a class side that got to a European Cup final (against Real Madrid, which further underlines the class in that league around then). Deportivo were shit hot then too and won the league while Van Gaal was managing Barcelona. It was a much more open, competitive league than it is now.

Not a defence of Van Gaal as such as I think he's past it. He's also a massive twat and arrogant even by Dutch standards. Just disagree with Chez's assessment of his time in Spain.