Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just thinking, with the mention of Ronaldo. Made me think that Van Gaal achieved at Barcelona what SBR couldn't. And SBR had Ronaldo at his disposal whereas I think he'd gone to Inter by the time LVG took over. Not belittling Robson or bigging up LVG but the latter did very well to win back-to-back league titles there up against the sides around at the time. Think he's been on a bit of a downward slide ever since though and that was about 15 years ago now. Also seem to remember reading that the Bayern players had a big party when he left :lol:

It is nice mind. After being called idiots for by smug media pricks like Paddy Barclay and cluelessc charlatans like Ian Wright, Rob Shepherd, who've suddenly fell silent.

Muhahahahaa.

On the Caribbean football show , the pundit there made possibly a very astute roundup of Pardew.

He reckons this:

1. Pardew comes into team - defence is loose and undisciplined.

2. On a sliding scale attack to defence (or Pardew styley to previous styley) - Pardew starts to move the players towards his desired place.

3. But that place is too negative, so he goes through the sweet spot he should be aiming for and then pushes the players to be even more Pardew, which destroys any creativitiy and results in more losses and draws than when he arrived.

4. Pardew doesn't understand , because the players have done well previously, but he doesn't realise hes moved them too far down the scale.

5. Players (forwards) get blamed, bought replacements and it gives a temporary reprieve because they are yet to be moved down Pardews sliding scale .. (I swear down I was expecting him to say "Pardewed!"

Probably not the best write up of what he was saying, as I was on my way to being hammered, but I remember thinking, this lads maybe got it spot on.

Is there a trend where when he arrives at clubs he does get great runs, never to be seen again? I only know his time with us and palace.

Edited by scoobos

He started well at West Ham and took them to the cup final. He then took them on their worst run of defeats in over 70 years.

Started reasonably well at Charlton but couldn't keep them up as they were already on the verge of relegation when he joined them. They were among the favourites for promotion but he was sacked in the November with them in the bottom three of the championship and the fans revolting against him.

He won the football league trophy with Southampton but was sacked five months later amid talk of poor morale of staff and conflict with the chairman.

Any of that sound familiar? Seems to me that the only job in which he didn't have the fall away was Reading but then he jumped ship pretty early on there to go to wist am.

Muhahahahaa.

On the Caribbean football show , the pundit there made possibly a very astute roundup of Pardew.

He reckons this:

1. Pardew comes into team - defence is loose and undisciplined.

2. On a sliding scale attack to defence (or Pardew styley to previous styley) - Pardew starts to move the players towards his desired place.

3. But that place is too negative, so he goes through the sweet spot he should be aiming for and then pushes the players to be even more Pardew, which destroys any creativitiy and results in more losses and draws than when he arrived.

4. Pardew doesn't understand , because the players have done well previously, but he doesn't realise hes moved them too far down the scale.

5. Players (forwards) get blamed, bought replacements and it gives a temporary reprieve because they are yet to be moved down Pardews sliding scale .. (I swear down I was expecting him to say "Pardewed!"

Probably not the best write up of what he was saying, as I was on my way to being hammered, but I remember thinking, this lads maybe got it spot on.

Is there a trend where when he arrives at clubs he does get great runs, never to be seen again? I only know his time with us and palace.

Sounds good. Don't suppose you could let us know the show, and when it was aired so we can have a look/pass it off as our own insight, could you?

I can't mate, it was on in a random pub I was in for the cup final. Jamaican or St Croix or whatever maybe,. (

Just a normal west indian bloke, saying what he thought, they are usually pretty poor commentators / pundits on the telly here.

Has he managed to beat Sunderland while at Palace?

Yeah

He beat them 4-1 at their gaff in April last year, but then this season he lost 0-1 at home in November to a Defoe goal, apparently