Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He's now quick to mention the regime he was working under, but when he was here it was anyone but the regime's fault or his own fault. They were exempt from blame, but the fans weren't. It was his personality that cost him here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't quite believe the names being bandied about

Southgate - Sacked by his last club team 7 years ago

Allardyce - Finished 17th last season

Pardew - Just missed relegation 4 out of the last 5 seasons iirc

Hoddle - Last worked in the championship at Wolves 10 years ago!!!

Redknapp - Destroyed QPR

• 1 month later...

Pardew eager for Palace to adopt tiki-taka style http://www.cityam.com/247430/alan-pardew-eager-crystal-palace-adopt-tiki-taka-style-new

What a divvy.

To be fair to the massive bellend, that's nothing like what he actually said;

“I want the side to retain the ball, to play a brand of football we couldn’t really do last season due to injuries and the squad’s strength,”

Not that he is capable of coaching a team to do that anyway.

To be fair to the massive bellend, that's nothing like what he actually said;

“I want the side to retain the ball, to play a brand of football we couldn’t really do last season due to injuries and the squad’s strength,”

Not that he is capable of coaching a team to do that anyway.

He honestly believes the only reason they weren't passing the ball in neat triangles on the deck is because of injuries and the player and science, doesn't he? We had a team capable of playing possession football and yet, when we finished 5th thanks to an unbelieveable streak of fitness we played direct & counter attack football.

We had Colo, Santon, Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Jonas, who all played 20+ games.

I was happy with his playing style then tbf - no issue with playing on the counter if it works, and it really did that year - I recall us beating Swansea 2-0 with something like 35% possession. I think he just blundered onto it though, based on what followed. He's really rigid tactically, and I think is lead by the team more than he trains them. If he has players who keep possession, I expect he'd play a 'passing game'. But that wouldn't be down to him, they'd just be doing it anyway.

Aye that's a fair point and if the players did keep possession and win, he'd take credit for that as well. Then have a dance. And then fuck a player's wife.

Allegedly.

Fucking hell, I hate 'Pards'. He could lead England to their 1st proper trophy since 66 and I'd still think him a cunt. :lol:

I was happy with his playing style then tbf - no issue with playing on the counter if it works, and it really did that year - I recall us beating Swansea 2-0 with something like 35% possession. I think he just blundered onto it though, based on what followed. He's really rigid tactically, and I think is lead by the team more than he trains them. If he has players who keep possession, I expect he'd play a 'passing game'. But that wouldn't be down to him, they'd just be doing it anyway.

And even then Ba's and then Cisse's purple patches were probably the main reason it worked as well as it did.