Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cringey as fuck that thread I've just read on there, can our fans not just keep our powder dry?

What will be, will be. Plenty of poor teams in the league, Pardew could turn it around

Think it's fair enough craic after all the "carefiul what you wish for" bollocks like.

Think it's fair enough craic after all the "carefiul what you wish for" bollocks like.

I get that I really do, a section of Palace fans are bellends but that thread on there forum was just cringey, going on and on repeating the same thing when a lot of the posters on there didn't care for nufc fans opinions

Like I said they could turn this round and they'll bump that thread

Come on guys. We all know the bad run will continue for a few more games, then they'll suddenly pull together a six game winning streak with Benteke hitting form around October/November time. That'll have them pretty much safe by Christmas, and they can revert to relegation form thereafter.

He really should have taken the England job - it would have meant that he'd survive a few more years at the top, since he would have left Palace before anyone could be categorically certain that he's shit - and England is a poisoned chalice as we all know; failing there would have just been par for the course.

I wonder if he'll ever get a better chance.

Well I don't think there was much between him, Bruce or Allardyce in that they're all very ordinary but I don't see the soi-disant king of football not being interested in the England job. Maybe I'm wrong and he thinks it's a thankless task. It certainly used to be the case that the FA reckoned no one have ever turned it down.

I guess so. I think I'd rate Pardew a step higher than Bruce and Allardyce though. Just.

If his good form coincides with finals he could do well, but that's as long as his poor form doesn't prevent him getting there in the first place.

Heh, yeah. Can you imagine trying to exist on the same planet as Pardew if he won an international tournament? We'd have to abandon the planet and relocate to his head instead.

I don't understand why we didn't just get a foreign manager really, it's not like BSA is going to build anything even vaguely remarkable.

It's a myth that Pardew is able to turnaround a worsening situation and after a long run of defeats, use some tactical switch or man management skills to get out of the hole.

Performances get worse until he gets some new players to give things a boost.  After a short lift then they get worse again.

Image-3-April16.jpg

He wouldn't have that crutch to depend on as England manager.  He'd run out of ideas with his best players and have no-one else to lift things.

That's a fair point I guess. He just never seems to go anywhere though. Pardew has occasionally looked like he might touch something approaching glory, even if it's largely by happy coincidence of circumstances.

Thanks for the stats as well, HF - I think that's probably about right and I guess the FA can see that too. He could of course change the players in his squad quite regularly to give lifts, etc. but I guess that's not quite the same thing.

Edited by Rayvin