Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

£35m going into wages, agents fees and the training ground :(

You're joking right?

Begs the question of what Ashley would have spent if we didn't sell Carroll. Ashley should be subsidising the training ground, wages, fees with money on top of the Carroll £35m.

Thats a point I made when we sold Carroll and they said we would have all the £35M (or the club would).

Without it you could see us having to sell first.

Oh wait ... ;)

Ashley can fuck right off. He conned us with the whole fees and 'wages' scam, now he expects us to accept him spending our transfer budget doing up the training ground and the agents fee's for free transfers :( I hope he chokes in his sleep

I think only the petty or entrenched can complain about Pardews interview tonight.

I thought he handled himself very well, was quite frank in his answers and overall talked very positively about all things Newcastle.

Whether he was talking about the process for scouting cabaye or the fact that one of the goalkeepers will be gone before the season starts, I though he came across very honest and thoughtful and friendly.

Ok he's not a Keegan when it come to speaking but he is a damn sight better than a lot we have had over the years. He genuinely seems very excited about the changes we are making and the style of football we are going to play.

Talked well about how he thought we struggled last year and how the players we have brought in address those problems.

Also came across to me that he knows who the next signing is and that he is a pacey player.

Overall very very good.

How the fuck is it petty to expect the money made on selling your best players is reinvested in replacing them? Can you tell me how we are better off with Shola rather than Carroll, some no name crocked frenchie instead of our captain and top goal scorer?

How the fuck is it petty to expect the money made on selling your best players is reinvested in replacing them? Can you tell me how we are better off with Shola rather than Carroll, some no name crocked frenchie instead of our captain and top goal scorer?

I said it was Petty if anyone thought the "interview" was poor. Regardless of what goes on upstairs or behind the scenes, Pardew gave a good interview.

Cheers CT i couldnt find it.

I think Pardew is quite admirable...i like him and he to me seems like an honest guy who really does want to create an attacking team and be successful here.

Sounds confident on one more signing and that WILL be a striker and maybe one more...possibly N'Zogbia? Talked about more flair and pace from last two signings.

Also said that the club will also move in for players as and when they come available once the season starts.

Thinks someone and has a few ideas of who, will step up and want to lead as Nolans replacement as captain.

Didnt sound positive on Enrique but assured there is a back up plan...I imagine a fee agreed for M'Bengue IF Enrique leaves.

Wants to challenge for a cup and push top 8 this season and then really build on that the following year.

Spoke of wanting to improve our concentration and see games out as well as bossing more and turnin more draws into wins with the new pace and flair added.

Will speak to all keepers individually and assess in pre-season games.

Sounded sure that there will be fringe players leaving and will have the "You can stay and be a squad player but if you want first team football then you can go" conversion with players i'd imagine like Ranger, Best, Lovenkrands, Shola, Smith, Routledge, Guthrie, R.Taylor, Xisco and Perch of whom i think Ranger (1.5mil), Smith (FREE), Xisco (1.5mil), Routledge (1.5mil) and one from Best (2.5mil)or Lovenkrands (1.5mil) will go.

-------

I reckon we will get Erdinc (8mil) and possibly N'Zogbia (9mil) this or next week and M'Bengue (6mil) or Warnock/Bridge if Enrique goes. SO That would be another 23 mil spent with around 8mil brought in for Enrique and possibly another 5-7mil for other fringe players leaving.

I think Pardew is quite admirable...i like him and he to me seems like an honest guy who really does want to create an attacking team and be successful here.

Sounds confident on one more signing and that WILL be a striker and maybe one more...possibly N'Zogbia? Talked about more flair and pace from last two signings.

Also said that the club will also move in for players as and when they come available once the season starts.

Thinks someone and has a few ideas of who, will step up and want to lead as Nolans replacement as captain.

Didnt sound positive on Enrique but assured there is a back up plan...I imagine a fee agreed for M'Bengue IF Enrique leaves.

Wants to challenge for a cup and push top 8 this season and then really build on that the following year.

Spoke of wanting to improve our concentration and see games out as well as bossing more and turnin more draws into wins with the new pace and flair added.

Sounded sure that there will be fringe players leaving and will have the "You can stay and be a squad player but if you want first team football then you can go" conversion with players i'd imagine like Ranger, Best, Lovenkrands, Shola, Smith, Routledge, Guthrie, R.Taylor, Xisco and Perch of whom i think Ranger (1.5mil), Smith (FREE), Xisco (1.5mil), Routledge (1.5mil) and one from Best (2.5mil)or Lovenkrands (1.5mil) will go.

-------

I reckon we will get Erdinc (8mil) and possibly N'Zogbia (9mil) this or next week and M'Bengue (6mil) or Warnock/Bridge if Enrique goes. SO That would be another 23 mil spent with around 8mil brought in for Enrique and possibly another 5-7mil for other fringe players leaving.

I get that you like to pluck player signings out of the air at random, but what the fuck is the point in doing transfer fee calculations too? :( It suggests you think there's an air of inevitability about us landing whoever we go in for-if you do honestly think that I reckon you want to prepare yourself for disappointment.

-------

I get that you like to pluck player signings out of the air at random, but what the fuck is the point in doing transfer fee calculations too? :( It suggests you think there's an air of inevitability about us landing whoever we go in for-if you do honestly think that I reckon you want to prepare yourself for disappointment.

I think its fairly well documented in the press that we have been in for / sniffing about these players, as have the prices bandied around.

Of course im guessing numbers....well not so much guessing but going of figured quoted in the press.

It give us an idea how how much we could still spend against how much we could get for fringe players.

Nice to hear the way he talked about Barton as well. Fully hoping and intending to use him as he did last year and hopeful that a contract compromise might be reached at some point.

Wouldnt be surprised if he gave Barton the armband.

Also interesting that he talked about Barton coming and speaking to him about the teams performances not matching his own and how that was pissing him off. :(

£35m going into wages, agents fees and the training ground :D

Wahey! ;)

To be fair, He's covered the cost of the milk and sugar and the tea bags at the club and at Longbenton, not a penny of the £35M will go towards the electricity to power the escalators at SJP as he turned them off last year. Of course the Ashley haters will conveniently overlook this......mutter, mutter, wibble, wibble, cheesefish/fishcheese.

I see. :icon_lol:

:(

£35m going into wages, agents fees and the training ground <_<

Wahey! ;)

To be fair, He's covered the cost of the milk and sugar and the tea bags at the club and at Longbenton, not a penny of the £35M will go towards the electricity to power the escalators at SJP as he turned them off last year. Of course the Ashley haters will conveniently overlook this......mutter, mutter, wibble, wibble, cheesefish/fishcheese.

I see. :aye:

:(

When did the window open? :D:icon_lol::rolleyes:

There's a touch of the Walter Mitty about Pardew. imo he has no involvement in transfers; the reason he hasn't picked a captain is that he has no idea who will be here at the start of the season, other than the new signings. That won't stop him wanting to sound like he's in charge of course.

There's a touch of the Walter Mitty about Pardew. imo he has no involvement in transfers; the reason he hasn't picked a captain is that he has no idea who will be here at the start of the season, other than the new signings. That won't stop him wanting to sound like he's in charge of course.

Are there many managers who have much more control?

I doubt there are many premiership managers with less say. imo we have a contintental system, which was the original idea when Ashely came on board, where the manager coaches/picks the team and the transfers/infrastructure issues are handled by a director of football. Our director of football used to be Wise and is now Derek Llambias.

In reality I expect Pardew has an input on what's needed but not much more than that. I expect Graham Carr has a major say but I suspect it's the brains trust of Llambias and Ashley that's shaping the squad and our transfer policy. This is all purely conjecture on my part of course but I just get the feeling about Pardew that he's a bullshitter. He always seems to be catching up on the news - Carroll, Barton, Enrique, Nolan etc - as though he's had no real involvement in decisions.

I doubt there are many premiership managers with less say. imo we have a contintental system, which was the original idea when Ashely came on board, where the manager coaches/picks the team and the transfers/infrastructure issues are handled by a director of football. Our director of football used to be Wise and is now Derek Llambias.

In reality I expect Pardew has an input on what's needed but not much more than that. I expect Graham Carr has a major say but I suspect it's the brains trust of Llambias and Ashley that's shaping the squad and our transfer policy. This is all purely conjecture on my part of course but I just get the feeling about Pardew that he's a bullshitter. He always seems to be catching up on the news - Carroll, Barton, Enrique, Nolan etc - as though he's had no real involvement in decisions.

Nailed by Kitman.

Thought this when he jumped into Hughton's grave, think it now, seen nothing to make me think otherwise.

Re. the continental system , I agree Kitman, the truly worrying thing is that it does appear that the Toxic Twins are acting DOF's.

My blood runs cold.

I think it probably works this way at most clubs these days. Even the great Alex Ferguson simply doesnt have the time to scout the world.

Pardew said on Cabaye tonight. " Graham Carr has been following him for 2 years. He has watched him 10 times this season, videoed every game and edited for me to view the bits with Cabaye in. I have then been and watched him three times myself".

Im sure Pardew is included in the "shopping list" formation and the Carr and his team find possibilities which are discussed by the money men.

Pardew then gets to coach them.

I have no problem with this way of working and thinks it probably is the same system virtually every other clubs work too, the only real difference being that Sir Alex and Arsene have a bit more input / final word.