Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ben Arfa will be pleased :lol:

I'm guessing this means pedro wasn't interested in the job, which was always what I'd heard in the past, ie the academy bring the limit of his ambition.

I wonder why Pardew has decided to go to Pace, having previously sneered at it. Perhaps he was told by Ashley he was goingin the summer come what may? I have in mind Ashleys comments to that journo outside a pub about getting shot of Pardew...I never thought he was joking.

I just think he's finally had enough, he's realised that there's really nothing for him at Newcastle but limitations and grief from the fans. The idea that Palace is a step down is no longer really true, given the ceiling on any sort of ambition at Newcastle.

So the fact that he can get paid more, live in London, move away from the completely broken relationship that he has with the fans and probably the owner, must seem pretty attractive. It's the first time he can have felt in control of his destiny for ages. I bet he feels like a new man. None of which is to say that he didn't deserve the position he currently finds himself in at NUFC.

I just think he's finally had enough, he's realised that there's really nothing for him at Newcastle but limitations and grief from the fans. The idea that Palace is a step down is no longer really true, given the ceiling on any sort of ambition at Newcastle.

So the fact that he can get paid more, live in London, move away from the completely broken relationship that he has with the fans and probably the owner, must seem pretty attractive. It's the first time he can have felt in control of his destiny for ages. I bet he feels like a new man. None of which is to say that he didn't deserve the position he currently finds himself in at NUFC.

Nailed it. He'll probably never manage a bigger club or a bigger basket case.

I wonder why Pardew has decided to go to Pace, having previously sneered at it. Perhaps he was told by Ashley he was goingin the summer come what may? I have in mind Ashleys comments to that journo outside a pub about getting shot of Pardew...I never thought he was joking.

Probably a combination of less pressure and more money. Ex-player as well. The latter being less of a factor

Is Colo really going to be able to go toe to toe with other managers in this league though? Pardew was generally a dismal manager, but he at least managed to outsmart some of the bigger names from time to time.

Edited by Rayvin

Aye, he'll also probably have a much greater say in the transfer dealings and strut around the place like the King that he is rather than a bit of a hollow one that he was up here. The way results were going it was only a matter of time before Ashley chucked him anyway, I reckon one more flirt with relegation and he'd have been out the door and he probably knew it.

Is Colo really going to be able to go toe to toe with other managers in this league though? Pardew was generally a dismal manager, but he at least managed to outsmart some of the bigger names from time to time.

We got some good results but I can't remember many of them being because of Pardew showing himself as some sort of master tactician capable of outsmarting opposition managers.

We got some good results but I can't remember many of them being because of Pardew showing himself as some sort of master tactician capable of outsmarting opposition managers.

Even if he did manage it he got made a complete fool of with some of his tactical decisions far more often. Far too many 5-0, 4-0 and 3-0 howkings tbh, we rarely manage a 2-0 win let alone giving other teams a good hiding under him the blokes a fucking embarrassment.

The club is being paid for Pardew when we all would have happily sacked him and paid some level of compensation. Mike Ashley, master of business.

The club is being paid for Pardew when we all would have happily sacked him and paid some level of compensation. Mike Ashley, master of business.

Well no, Ashley didn't tactically wait for Palace to sack Warnock did he? He should be on the stage if he knew what was going to happen this week. It's the same reason Ashley still owns there club, there's not a buyer out there, there was for Pardew.

Well no, Ashley didn't tactically wait for Palace to sack Warnock did he? He should be on the stage if he knew what was going to happen this week. It's the same reason Ashley still owns there club, there's not a buyer out there, there was for Pardew.

I was being sarcastic.