Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pardew was part of the problem and how anyone can be anything other than glad he's left is beyond me. John Carver being put in charge doesn't make Pardew a good manager, it just 'showcases', (The club like that word), how bad or indeed rotten, our club is, how utterly insignificant anyone under the owner actually is.

Spot on

I watched it and they were positive compared to newcastle and the fact that man city couldnt break down his team shows more than I think some are willing to admit.

The newspaper reports listed are a selection, the mail (as much as I hate it) seem to be watching the same match I did. They worked their socks off and went out to win, positively.

Let's see exactly what the Mail had to say.

Alan Pardew is convinced that British managers do not get the credit they deserve when they beat the best teams in the country. Read on, Alan, read on.

On nights like this you have to hand it to him because he is on to something after his Crystal Palace team crushed the defending champions with a performance that will reverberate across Europe.

In a season that started with Newcastle and will end in mid-table with Palace, Pardew has toppled Manchester City (twice), Tottenham (twice), Chelsea and Liverpool.

It is a special achievement for an English manager, a man who was eventually run out of town after four years at St James’ Park.

If City sack their coach Manuel Pellegrini at the end of the season, which they surely will do after this troubling defeat, they could do worse than turn to Pardew. Why not? He has something about him.

The Holmesdale Fanatics, those chuntering fans who sing non-stop at Selhurst Park, have christened their manager ‘Pardiola’ after winning seven of their last 11 Premier League games after his return.

Pardew has got something special going here, on a mesmerising run with this Palace team after goals from the enterprising pairing of Glenn Murray and Jason Puncheon put them 2-0 ahead.

Sergio Aguero scored his 18th of the season when he deflected Yaya Toure’s 78th-minute strike beyond Julian Speroni, but this night belonged to this Palace team.

Reverberate across Europe? Clearly not a hint of bias in the reporting. I mean it's not like it was written by self-confessed Palace fan Neil Ashton celebrating a huge upset against the PL champions.

Pardew was part of the problem and how anyone can be anything other than glad he's left is beyond me. John Carver being put in charge doesn't make Pardew a good manager, it just 'showcases', (The club like that word), how bad or indeed rotten, our club is, how utterly insignificant anyone under the owner actually is.

Agreed.

A lot of revisionism going on, I fear.

It's not revisionism. I haven't changed my line at all. Pardew was a thoroughly average manager and a holocaust of a man. I wanted him gone but was never confident Ashley would replace him with a better manager, and nothing has yet transpired to make me think otherwise. The depressing fact remains that Pardew could be about as good as it gets as long as Ashley is in charge. And when you look at Ashley's former hires, things could get a lot worse. I mean, who the fuck but Ashley would give Carver half a season in charge?

The funniest thing about this current run is that he's started coming out with his usual bollocks about being great and playing this brilliant football and he never seems to learn that it'll come back to bite him on the arse. The nature of Palace's side means that they'll struggle at some point next season and that's when his true colours show through; an obscenely negative manager who fails to adapt when his team is playing poorly. It usually took a Yohan Cabaye running the show or Cisse being a top class poacher to save his arse and, considering he'll be buying the players at Palace, he's not going to have that quality. He wanted Darren Bent up here and he's playing in the Championship.

I heard him say the other day that the board at Palace were "really lucky" because, at the minute, there is no other club he wants to manage. But he did one day want to manage England and sort of implied he expected the opportunity.

We are going to look very silly indeed when he lifts the World Cup in Qatar lads.

Pardew had a good period here also, but was overdue being moved on. He was out of ideas, and out of excuses for his lack of ideas. Obviously he's only a part of what was wrong with the club, but seemingly one that could be remedied in a relatively straightforward manner. Not so, as Ashley was happy to write off the rest of the season entirely by failing to install a new manager in any meaningful capacity. Logically there should be a wider pool of candidates available at the close of season from which a new manager will be selected. I don't think even Ashley is naive enough to think that Carver is a prospect as manager.

If you were optimistic I guess you could reason that a wider pool could land us a better manager and the slate is wiped clear at the end of a the season so it's the right time to bring in a new manager and refresh the playing personnel.

It's not revisionism. I haven't changed my line at all. Pardew was a thoroughly average manager and a holocaust of a man. I wanted him gone but was never confident Ashley would replace him with a better manager, and nothing has yet transpired to make me think otherwise. The depressing fact remains that Pardew could be about as good as it gets as long as Ashley is in charge. And when you look at Ashley's former hires, things could get a lot worse. I mean, who the fuck but Ashley would give Carver half a season in charge?

You're reading too much into what Ashley does and doesn't do. Pardew was fucking garbage, was well in with the parasite who bought our club and of course had that superb 3+ goals defeat record, the cup record and 4 of the 5 defeats to the galactico's of Wearside had his stamp all over them. The fact the parasite has Geordie John means Jack Shit to what most felt about Pardew Grimer Wormtongue.

You're reading too much into what Ashley does and doesn't do. Pardew was fucking garbage, was well in with the parasite who bought our club and of course had that superb 3+ goals defeat record, the cup record and 4 of the 5 defeats to the galactico's of Wearside had his stamp all over them. The fact the parasite has Geordie John means Jack Shit to what most felt about Pardew Grimer Wormtongue.

Am I though? I don't dispute anything anyone says about Pardew. Under any other board I would have wanted him gone a lot sooner but I fear the worst with Ashley making the calls. Remember that "they don't know how nasty we can get" quote from Lambias? It wouldnt surprise me if they appointed sgt bilko, Howard Wilkinson just to spite us.

Am I though? I don't dispute anything anyone says about Pardew. Under any other board I would have wanted him gone a lot sooner but I fear the worst with Ashley making the calls. Remember that "they don't know how nasty we can get" quote from Lambias? It wouldnt surprise me if they appointed sgt bilko, Howard Wilkinson just to spite us.

Depends how much he wants to risk his investment to how he goes. That current squad is fucking doomed next year whatever division they're in.

I watched it and they were positive compared to newcastle and the fact that man city couldnt break down his team shows more than I think some are willing to admit.

The newspaper reports listed are a selection, the mail (as much as I hate it) seem to be watching the same match I did. They worked their socks off and went out to win, positively.

The angle I come from is that the fans view of sacking Pardew being a good thing shows a naivety I don't understand. He's the best we're going to get under Ashley. SackPardew and the movement against him gobsmacks me a bit, Pardew managed a kind of harmony with a bloke that must be impossible to get on with.

Agree Gloom.

You're showing naivety yourself Scoobos. Do you really think the fans factored in it much? He went from about 500k a year to around 1.5m a year and returned to his hometown club that he actually gives a shit about, he was more than happy to ride out rough periods here in the past to get his money and was simply clinging on like Souness and Allardyce did until he got the boot and could collect his lump sum, it's just a better opportunity came a long for him first.

I think it's also a bit harsh to act like others have jumped into this view point quickly, he was here a long time and he gave the fans some pretty horrific football to watch as well as some embarrassing results, there was once a time where most would be fucking gutted their team had lost by 3 or more goals, under him it just become a fairly standard loss. HMHM is spot on as well, just because Carver is worse and less qualified than him doesn't suddenly make him better. I'm glad to have finally seen the back of Pardew, his run at Palace does nothing to change my mind, I hope to see a proper manager appointed at the end of the season which I think we will as anything else will be Ashley jeopardizing his club.

I also think it's worth considering that the results we have had since he left could have been just as bad with him here as they have been with him gone, I don't see how it's some foregone conclusion that we'd have been much better, he lost 4 in a row to Sunderland and had an absolutely embarrassing run from xmas 2013 deep into this season.

Edited by Howay

I'm a bit confused as to why anyone would find the SackPardew movement surprising/shocking or whatever.

None of the fans wanted Pardew here from day one.

The only difference at Palace is that he's now at the one club in the country that probably has a non-negligible number of supporters that don't consider him an out and out cunt.

Yet.

Pardew manages OK when his team's on a roll. He's pretty clueless though when he doesn't have that momentum, which is why he's a mediocre manager. I'm happy he's gone because he's a complete shithouse of a man and I dont want him at our club regardless of who comes next.

Canny pathetic all 'I told you so' shit just because he's had a good run at the start of his Palace career. You can smell the schadenfreude from the likes of Lawrenson and the cockney wankers from Fleet Street. What'll they say when it inevitably goes tits up? They'll readily admit they were wrong of course :lol: And, as Kitman alludes to, he's already shown himself to be devoid of a plan B in his time here.

where would pardew sit among the following recent managers we had to endure?

allardyce

souness

guillit

kinnear

roeder

i think on a human level he'd be bottom of the pile. horrible man and sickening to have to endure his "thanks Mike" PR guff.

in terms of what he did with the side, he's probably a bit higher than that, though not much. he's above kinnear and souness for me. i think he's probably on par with allardyce in terms of ability (and arrogance) - they're similar in terms of the inexplicable praise they get from the media too.

If you can string a few back-to-back wins together in a season and you don't become a gibbering referee/media/board/fan blaming wreck at all other times, then you will always find work in the PL. Palace are up for sale now, so Pardew's time in the sun might not last all that long anyway.

Howay, good post and I do hear and believe the same as you are saying about Pardew being a nightmare. BUT where I'm coming from is that Ashley always has been the problem and I genuinely think Pardew is better than we'll get with anyone else working under Ashley. That's really the angle I come from, some are adamant to try say he's total shite but he acheived more under the ashley regime than any other manager under him. Also to say that the city game was crap negative football, I just don't agree at all. Even Pardew was worse under Ashley. Long term at palace may prove me wrong mind.

Howay, good post and I do hear and believe the same as you are saying about Pardew being a nightmare. BUT where I'm coming from is that Ashley always has been the problem and I genuinely think Pardew is better than we'll get with anyone else working under Ashley. That's really the angle I come from, some are adamant to try say he's total shite but he acheived more under the ashley regime than any other manager under him. Also to say that the city game was crap negative football, I just don't agree at all. Even Pardew was worse under Ashley. Long term at palace may prove me wrong mind.

He's was up against some stiff competition mind. :lol: