Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fucking unbelievable. You can just tell he's an odious cunt looking at him. Five and a half fucking years.

He's not going to know what to do for the last six months ;)

I have just joined the Rent-a-mongs.

Leaving SJP, I got collared for a soundbite.

Couldn't help myself.

They asked what I thought of events- Hughton had been treated shabbily,

They asked what I thought of Pardew- Terrible record, certainly not an improvement.

They asked if I could see a even a glimmer of success with Pardew- his record was one of failure, not success.

I can spell boycott though <_<

I'll look oot for the short, fat man (not Nolan). ;)

Couldn't help myself.

They asked what I thought of Pardew- Terrible record, certainly not an improvement.

They aasked if I could see a even a glimmer of success with Pardew- his record was one of failure, not success.

I can spell boycott though ;)

Toontastic REPRESENT!

Couldn't help myself.

They asked if I could see a even a glimmer of success with Pardew- his record was one of failure, not success.

I can spell boycott though <_<

I'll look oot for the brutally handsome, eloquent Adonis (not Nolan). ;)

Cheers!

When you manage to secure the services of a man as in demand as Pardew, you lock that shit down long term!

;)

Not that he'll last that long (obviously), but if he did I'd be knocking on 40 by the time his contract expired. Sobering is not the word.

can anyone see the news piece on .cock? page is blank to me in Chrome and FFox

Don't think its up yet, this sorry shower of shite can't even sort a web page out.

Aye its up now ;)

I stil can't see it, could someone paste it up please?

Edited by trophyshy

Couldn't help myself.

I can spell boycott though ;)

They made you spell it on live telly? SSN spelling bee

Well the one positive thing is that this decision is clear from any outside influence.

This is 100% an Ashley decision. No "dodgy" temperament to blame (Keegan), no "excessive demands" (Shearer), no "he wasn't our man" Allardyce.

This was Hughton. The guy who got us promoted. The guy who saved your arse. The guy who was on a TINY salary. The guy who didn't get to splash the cash. The guy the fans, players and even the media liked.

This one's all your Mikey. Let's see how he does, eh? ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/9267960.stm

Newcastle United have appointed Alan Pardew as the club's new manager on a five-and-a-half-year deal.

Pardew - dismissed by League One side Southampton in August - replaces Chris Hughton, who was sacked on Monday.

"I am honoured and privileged to have been given this opportunity at one of the truly great clubs in English football," said the 49-year-old.

His first match in charge of the club, who are 12th in the Premier League, is at home to Liverpool on Saturday.

Former Tottenham coach Hughton led Newcastle back into the top flight last season but, following his controversial sacking, the club said it wanted to appoint a new manager "with more experience".

BBC Sport understands that Pardew - who has also managed Reading, West Ham and Charlton - was in talks with the north-east club about taking over at St James' Park as long as 10 days ago.

As a manager Pardew has taken charge of more than 500 games, though the majority of those were not in the Premier League.

"I understand what this club means to its supporters," Pardew added on Thursday.

"Throughout the football world people recognise that this is a unique club in many ways, with supporters who are second to none in their loyalty, passion and devotion for the team.

"I'm not a Geordie of course, but I'm a football person with a love of the game and I can assure you I bring great drive, desire and commitment to the job.

"Chris Hughton did a great job last season, guiding the club back to the Premier League, and he continued that good work this season. It is my aim to build on that now and take this club forward.

"I have always managed teams that have played attacking positive football, something I know the supporters here appreciate.

"At the same time I intend to focus on developing exciting young players through the club's excellent Academy and development squad, and I know the board here at St. James' Park are very committed to that too."

Pardew joined West Ham in September 2003 and guided them to Premier League promotion in 2005, before being sacked in late 2006.

He then joined Charlton on Christmas Eve 2006, but the club were relegated from the Premier League later that season and after failing to get promotion in 2007-08 he left in November 2008.

I was so close to throwing my coffee at the screen when I read this. I'm not even kidding. Pissed off.

OptaJoe

17% - Alan Pardew has a win percentage of only 17% in the opening six games at the four clubs he has managed before Newcastle (4/24). Slow.

Just about to post that, and the fucker has some HARD fixtures coming up.