Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is it still Pedro for Saturday or has that changed now? What the fuck do you even do in a situation like this?

The media are going to crucify us for booing our own manager before a ball is kicked but what the fuck do you do anymore? Anything else is just playing along with the fat cunt.

Canny few wifi warriors on here today. <_<;)

If you sign up to play 5-a-side at some point, I might play as well and if you do I might think about knacking you.

... Note: If, at some point, might, if I do, might think about knacking you. :)

Funniest thing I've read on here all day, mate.

Anyone any idea how many season ticket holders there is now? The numbers of casual ticket buyers, myself included, is going to take a pretty big hit over the next few months I'd imagine.

29000 population, 5000 corporates/platinum, rest pay on day and away

I don't think Saturday and Boxing day will be hit too badly, I'm predicting some record lows in January though. Dark times.

It's all kicking off on here today like.

There's been only one arranged net fight on here to me knowledge.

Who was that between ?

Leazes and his shadow iirc

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Who was that between ?

When J69 said he wanted to batter me.

Who was that between ?

He's said similar to me, as it happens ;)

Who was that between ?

He needs to chill out with a beer.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Who was that between ?

He's been really good and humble recently I think.

From Simon Bird

It doesn't make sense I agree. Bad treatment of ch. no way of getting ashley out though? Doesn't care what we write!

Sounds like he feels as neutered as we do.

Who was that between ?

He's been really good and humble recently I think.

Married life must have broken him <_<

Hi guys, I'm a Saints supporter, just thought I'd chip in if you don't mind.

Before getting on to Pardew, it's really harsh on Hughton to go like this. There are so many overrated managers around, he was clearly an underrated one, and I could see you stabilising in the premiership and building slowly under him.

We tend to get through managers because we have rubbish ones, rather than sacking decent ones! Which brings us to Pardew. A lot of media seemed shocked he was sacked by Saints. He certainly went on, and continues to go on, about his 'success' here and winning the JPT. But that wasn't a priority, it was a good laugh, but promotion was key. Don't be fooled by the 10 point deduction. We had a very good squad for this level and a huge amount of money by comparison with other teams. Effectively a league 1 allstars. Yet we never got into the playoffs, not once. He couldn't find consistency, because he NEVER had a plan B. We had some very good footballers but he opted for a long ball to Lambert system, which will become long ball to Carroll. He wasn't the worst manager we've had, but he did seem to think he was far better than he is, and I wasn't confident of going anywhere under him.

For some reason we barely had a pre-season, he didn't seem interested, didn't strengthen in obvious areas and we had a very poor start. It took us a while to recover despite having a very good squad, but only under Adkins has a turnaround begun. The odd decision with the sacking was the timing, as there were rumours of him going at the end of last season, and that's when it should have happened. No-one is missing him now, that's for sure.

This is the man that didn't play Tevez and Mascherano, preferring Zamora and Mullins. Although Curbishley was initially just as stupid. I think he'll struggle to gain respect to be honest. Some players seem to like him, but he falls out with a fair few too. You won't hear much about the exact details of how he left Saints, but a 'training ground incident' was involved.

Anyway, good luck. Not sure what to advise, it's horrible when appointing a manager you'll struggle to support, especially when you know the owner is messing it up. It's as if he'd accidentally starting to do an OK job by shutting up, letting a decent young manager get the club back up and get used to the Premier league again, but such chairman never change.

Still, if it's any consolation, Pardew never stays long. Just don't expect to win 2 games in a row, ever.

Pardew would simply be death by torture, that fat asswipe really really hates us doesnt he?

Reading Enrique's comments today I wonder how the players will react to an appointment like this, Pardew may have lost the dressing room before actually putting a foot in it.

Edited by aimaad22

Hi guys, I'm a Saints supporter, just thought I'd chip in if you don't mind.

Before getting on to Pardew, it's really harsh on Hughton to go like this. There are so many overrated managers around, he was clearly an underrated one, and I could see you stabilising in the premiership and building slowly under him.

We tend to get through managers because we have rubbish ones, rather than sacking decent ones! Which brings us to Pardew. A lot of media seemed shocked he was sacked by Saints. He certainly went on, and continues to go on, about his 'success' here and winning the JPT. But that wasn't a priority, it was a good laugh, but promotion was key. Don't be fooled by the 10 point deduction. We had a very good squad for this level and a huge amount of money by comparison with other teams. Effectively a league 1 allstars. Yet we never got into the playoffs, not once. He couldn't find consistency, because he NEVER had a plan B. We had some very good footballers but he opted for a long ball to Lambert system, which will become long ball to Carroll. He wasn't the worst manager we've had, but he did seem to think he was far better than he is, and I wasn't confident of going anywhere under him.

For some reason we barely had a pre-season, he didn't seem interested, didn't strengthen in obvious areas and we had a very poor start. It took us a while to recover despite having a very good squad, but only under Adkins has a turnaround begun. The odd decision with the sacking was the timing, as there were rumours of him going at the end of last season, and that's when it should have happened. No-one is missing him now, that's for sure.

This is the man that didn't play Tevez and Mascherano, preferring Zamora and Mullins. Although Curbishley was initially just as stupid. I think he'll struggle to gain respect to be honest. Some players seem to like him, but he falls out with a fair few too. You won't hear much about the exact details of how he left Saints, but a 'training ground incident' was involved.

Anyway, good luck. Not sure what to advise, it's horrible when appointing a manager you'll struggle to support, especially when you know the owner is messing it up. It's as if he'd accidentally starting to do an OK job by shutting up, letting a decent young manager get the club back up and get used to the Premier league again, but such chairman never change.

Still, if it's any consolation, Pardew never stays long. Just don't expect to win 2 games in a row, ever.

Cheers for the input. ;)

Confirming a lot of people's worst suspicions.

I think the instabilty all this has caused is very worrying for NUFC. Just when you look like entering a period of calm, it all turns into another shambles. I can see this becoming as bad as when you were relegated. The only possible way Ashley will leave is death, as he seems immunne to your hatred for him. I'd try to sell up if I was as incompetent and unpopular as him.

It must be a rare thing,a manager that has 'lost the dressing room' before he even signs a contract.

Who was that between ?

And me...! <_<

Nails tbh.

Also, this was from an interview today with our Chairman, about our current manager Nigel Adkins, but I think you can tell between the lines the problems we'd had with Pardew. Especially the last sentence or two.

'He's changed the attitude. His personality, his way of being, it's motiviated people. People who haven't been here for a while, they come down here and they say 'it's a completely different atmosphere'. Our style of play is about to change as well, obviously it needs a bit more work and that's what Nigel has been saying. We're always looking at ways of improving ourselves and he's a man with a plan. If plan A doesn't work, he's got a plan B. That's the main change he's made in this very short period'.