Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok MF, I won't mention him again.

I never said owt about 5th though tbh and I'm not saying he's a good manager, I'm saying that the baying wolves wanting him fired and expecting DeBoer or bloody Moyles to come and replace him were mad. I'm over the moon we've got McClaren as imo he's far better than what I thought was within Ashleys reach.

Your "scoobos is a shit fan who's happy that Newcastle are shit cos its proved you right in a forum topic" bollox just goes to prove what I'm saying about having a contrary view igniting a flood of unwarranted shite.

I've no beef with you, but having a counter opinion resulting in that sort of reply is a bit shit.

McClaren - when talking about having "no confusion" over his role as head coach, he mentions his job is the same as before, get players in, coach them , increase their value.

That says to me that little has changed :(

I never said owt about 5th though tbh and I'm not saying he's a good manager, I'm saying that the baying wolves wanting him fired and expecting DeBoer or bloody Moyles to come and replace him were mad. I'm over the moon we've got McClaren as imo he's far better than what I thought was within Ashleys reach.

I was talking generally. About football fans and pundits at large who bang on about it. I apologise if it hit a little close to home.

I don't really understand the rest of your post, sorry again.

It kind of seems like you thought Pardew was shit (correct), but Mike Ashley is the main problem (correct). So therefore we must write Schteve off as a lost cause? Venn diagrams/mutually exclusive etc..

McClaren - when talking about having "no confusion" over his role as head coach, he mentions his job is the same as before, get players in, coach them , increase their value.

So he isn't actually on record as saying the thing you said hes on record as saying?

Reading fans think Pardew is a wanker.

Charlton fans think Pardew is a wanker.

West Ham fans think Pardew is a wanker.

Southampton fans think Pardew is a wanker.

Newcastle fans (In the main) think Pardew is a wanker.

There's a pattern there lads.

@@Andrew -- here's one place I saw it.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-mcclaren-plans-lead-newcastle-9648354

ffs why can't I cut and paste in this forum.....\

Btw, I'm not saying I don' think the man we don't mention anymore isn't a wanker.

Edited by scoobos

I pretty much agree with scoobs here. Based on past performance, any manager we get is going to be seriously hamstrung by Ashley. Historically, the most any manager can achieve under Ashley is not getting us relegated. In that context, McClaren's appointment is a positive one, given that Carver was the alternative.

I also agree with Scoobs that the 'sackpardew' movement was aimed at the wrong person. I don't think Scoobs is saying Pards was/is a great manager. I think he's saying Pards is a shit manager, just not shit enough that he'd get us relegated. I think that's up for debate personally, but I more or less agree with those sentiments. I agree that McClaren is an upgrade on Pardew/Carver, in that he will be able to avoid relegation each season more effectively, but that isn't exactly spectacularly exciting.

I think if you condense Scoobs argument into one sentence it would be, "McClaren is better than Pardew, but not much has changed" And he's right. At least he's right for the time being, because I must admit, I am a little bit hopeful that we have turned a corner in a sense. It seems that Ashley may finally have lifted his gaze towards aiming for a higher finish and some silverware. Maybe.

I truly don't see what is so wrong with scoobs views, and jumping on the lad for not being a 'sooooper fan' is fucking school yard level bullshit.

/rant

I pretty much agree with scoobs here. Based on past performance, any manager we get is going to be seriously hamstrung by Ashley. Historically, the most any manager can achieve under Ashley is not getting us relegated. In that context, McClaren's appointment is a positive one, given that Carver was the alternative.

I also agree with Scoobs that the 'sackpardew' movement was aimed at the wrong person. I don't think Scoobs is saying Pards was/is a great manager. I think he's saying Pards is a shit manager, just not shit enough that he'd get us relegated. I think that's up for debate personally, but I more or less agree with those sentiments. I agree that McClaren is an upgrade on Pardew/Carver, in that he will be able to avoid relegation each season more effectively, but that isn't exactly spectacularly exciting.

I think if you condense Scoobs argument into one sentence it would be, "McClaren is better than Pardew, but not much has changed" And he's right. At least he's right for the time being, because I must admit, I am a little bit hopeful that we have turned a corner in a sense. It seems that Ashley may finally have lifted his gaze towards aiming for a higher finish and some silverware. Maybe.

I truly don't see what is so wrong with scoobs views, and jumping on the lad for not being a 'sooooper fan' is fucking school yard level bullshit.

/rant

Agree with all that. If Pardew was the loose stool, Ashley is the parasite behind the club shitting through the eye of a needle.

I think the Ashley Out campaign troubled him more because it was focused on him. At least it generated a public response, whether it leads to anything meaningful remains to be seen. I'd have hoped we'd have more than one signing in so far.

The Sack Pardew campaign was reasonable because while we could pressure Pardew to leave, getting rid of Ashley seemed to be an impossible task.

You would have been a true inspiration during the American Civil Rights movement.

Martin Luther King, Jnr: How bout? "I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

Fish: (Eating grapes out of an empty wineglass for some reason) No, no, no, no, no. Too difficult to achieve. Let's go with something easier. How about, "I have a dream that one day we'll get to use the white man water bubblers with our big juju lips."

Martin Luther King, Jnr: ...What the fuck are you eating?

Fish: Grapice. It's grapes made from ice. I invented them. To keep your drink cold.

Martin Luther King, Jnr: ...

Fish: What I do is. I put the grapes in the freezer. Then, when I'm making a drink, I pop a couple in my drink to keep it cold. It's a life hack.

Martin Luther King, Jnr: You're a life hack.

Steve-McClaren-4.jpg

:lol: He seriously needs to give up on his hair now man, just shave it off Steve! It's like the letter C on the top of his nappa the way it curls round.

i don't know who he thinks he's kidding :lol:

You would have been a true inspiration during the American Civil Rights movement.

Martin Luther King, Jnr: How bout? "I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

Fish: (Eating grapes out of an empty wineglass for some reason) No, no, no, no, no. Too difficult to achieve. Let's go with something easier. How about, "I have a dream that one day we'll get to use the white man water bubblers with our big juju lips."

Fish: Grapice. It's grapes made from ice. I invented them. To keep your drink cold.

Fish: What I do is. I put the grapes in the freezer. Then, when I'm making a drink, I pop a couple in my drink to keep it cold. It's a life hack.

:lol:

How'd Martin's dream work out?

:whistle:

:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:dunno: People need a target. I could have given a curry recipe and it'd have been picked apart on here. It's dead easy to have a pop at me because I'm active on here, so people do. Might be different if I flounced or offered people out for a fight? Dunno.