Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With all dis-respect to Pardew, I think if he were still in charge, with the current players on board, we wouldn't be winless like we are now with McLaren.

I think this is probably right, but I suspect only because most of the players would have been used to Pardew's systems. McClaren is still coming up with his, after all.

Our start this season (fixture wise) has been shocking. Most difficult start in the Premier League. Pardew had a similar start last season vs easier opponents on paper at the time. His opening fixtures were Manchester City, Aston Villa, Crystal Palace, Southampton, Hull City, Stoke City and Swansea City. At the time the fixture list came out I was expecting around 10 points from those games and we got 4. The only good result had was the away Swansea draw.

When the fixtures came out this year, If someone told me were would get 2 points from Southampton and Manchester United at Old Trafford I would have told them they're full of shit, but we did. All of the performances in August this season, apart from the Swansea one, were really good. I expected 4 points from our last 2 games after what I have seen in August but we have 0. McClaren is still inaugurating a new system into the team and he's admitted he doesn't know what his best team is, so there's time yet.

Give him until December, and see where we are then, although I sheer hope we pick up points in the fixtures we have after Man City away: Norwich (h), mackems (a), Stoke (h), Bournemouth (a).

Edited by Haydnator

Can't even comprehend that there are people seemingly already at the end of their tether with McClaren. It's been a shitty start to the season, but he needs to be given at least until December before we turn on him, surely?

We really do get the team we deserve.

It's going to be a sweet moment, but if they don't come off, are we going to have to accept that at the very least he's learned from his experience here, and is actually not a bad manager :( That'd be a bitter one to choke down...

The concern for me is that he'll have his customary decent start at Palace, but move to the England job before he drops back to his normal level, then, when he inevitably disappoints at the National Job, he'll not return to club management, but instead become a mainstay on Match of the Day or Sky.

:suicide:

It never ceases to amaze me how uninformed the press and pundits are, considering they're supposed to be experts. Pardew is utterly mediocre.

I think they know that he's an ok Prem manager at best but it's the sort of shit the fucking morons who buy newspapers like to read, i.e. those deluded Geordies and all those other cliches. It makes people like that feel better about themselves

Pardew is basically the new Harry Redknapp for that lot.

Sherwood was lined up for that honour, but he's doing predictably shit so all their crowing about him has been quickly forgotten.

I think they know that he's an ok Prem manager at best but it's the sort of shit the fucking morons who buy newspapers like to read, i.e. those deluded Geordies and all those other cliches. It makes people like that feel better about themselves

Yup.

Yes that's it

About a month ago we got a new apprentice at work, born in 1997...called, and I'm not making this up, Joe Jordan :lol: (ask your grandad Haydanator) and of all things he's a fuckin Crystal Palace season ticket holder...he thinks Pardew is some sort of deity, a divine all seeing font of wisdom. Pardew is literally the best thing to happen to that club since the Wright/Bright FA cup final era 25 years ago. He'll unravel soon iyam, his press conference on Thursday was a classic, a whole list of err "achievements" by Pulis at West Brom; "they've kept 20 clean sheets in 25 games" etc etc...the man is a fuckin poltroon, but has had the role of some sort of redeemer conferred on him by the city of Croydon. Bizarre.