Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wonder if, to borrow a phrase from Pulp Fiction, "pride is fucking" with Pardew?....has he suddenly grown a pair?...if he has he's most likely,sooner or later, out of a job whether he wishes to stay or not. If we get his usual covering up for a pair of unprincipled wankers then I guess he's quite happy with being a patsy for them. I remember on his appointment him sitting there at the presser completly on his own. Silly fuckin twat.

If he does walk, and tbh theres nothing to indicate that he's about to bar the bookies odds, who would be desperate enough to work for Micky n Tricky now?..... :icon_lol:

Guest Your Name Here
I think thats unfair on him. I know people think he was sly with Hughton but is there another example of a football manager who doesnt try to get whats best for his team? Or is Pardew the exception?

More tellingly there was no justifiable football related reason for sacking CH. The logical conclusion is therefore that Pardew was brought in for non footballing reasons.

Apart from his name being bandied around before CH got the chop – which other managers were under consideration? Given his mediocre record it’s hard to understand why Pardew was top of the potential new manager list, unless he was bringing something other than managerial acumen to the party.

I think thats unfair on him. I know people think he was sly with Hughton but is there another example of a football manager who doesnt try to get whats best for his team? Or is Pardew the exception?

More tellingly there was no justifiable football related reason for sacking CH. The logical conclusion is therefore that Pardew was brought in for non footballing reasons.

Apart from his name being bandied around before CH got the chop – which other managers were under consideration? Given his mediocre record it’s hard to understand why Pardew was top of the potential new manager list, unless he was bringing something other than managerial acumen to the party.

You love a good conspiracy :icon_lol:

Its pretty common knowledge that they wanted rid of Hughton earlier in the season but were "scuppered" by a run of good results.

And I find all this "Pardew" knew stuff laughable. At the time of his sacking people were saying it was madness and they better have someone lined up. We were all ok when we thought it was Martin Jol waiting in the wings.

Guest Your Name Here
I wonder if, to borrow a phrase from Pulp Fiction, "pride is fucking" with Pardew?....has he suddenly grown a pair?...if he has he's most likely,sooner or later, out of a job whether he wishes to stay or not. If we get his usual covering up for a pair of unprincipled wankers then I guess he's quite happy with being a patsy for them. I remember on his appointment him sitting there at the presser completly on his own. Silly fuckin twat.

If he does walk, and tbh theres nothing to indicate that he's about to bar the bookies odds, who would be desperate enough to work for Micky n Tricky now?..... :icon_lol:

Dennis Wise. Gerry Francis. Barry Fry. Gary Megson, though he’s not a cockney so probably wouldn’t be considered. Perhaps we’d really break new ground and do without the expense of having a manager at all. They could get Lee Ryder to ask the supporters who they want in the team with the 11 most popular choices making up the starting eleven.

Guest Your Name Here

Its pretty common knowledge that they wanted rid of Hughton earlier in the season but were "scuppered" by a run of good results.

And I find all this "Pardew" knew stuff laughable. At the time of his sacking people were saying it was madness and they better have someone lined up. We were all ok when we thought it was Martin Jol waiting in the wings.

Why?

He's not going to walk out (or is he?) when he doesnt get what he wants so in that, he is pliant. I think then jumping to he shares the same vision and view on the cost-effectiveness of striking options and their total worth is a bit far. His career and his motivation for doing the job is all about football success, not Ashley's bizarre discount model.

Why?

Who knows for sure but I guess it came down to what went on behind the scenes and maybe they didnt like the way that Hughton appeared to be letting the players committee run things or Just simply didnt like him.

Caulkin I think also pointed to Hughtons insistence on Sol Campbell as in direct contradiction to the policy his bosses wanted him to enforce.

Guest Your Name Here

He's not going to walk out (or is he?) when he doesnt get what he wants so in that, he is pliant. I think then jumping to he shares the same vision and view on the cost-effectiveness of striking options and their total worth is a bit far. His career and his motivation for doing the job is all about football success, not Ashley's bizarre discount model.

To the best of your knowledge were any other managers under consideration?

It was a scurrilous affair, I know the full background. I still think he will be trying to get the best players he can into the side. Powerful relationship are rarely straightforward.

Guest Your Name Here

It was a scurrilous affair, I know the full background. I still think he will be trying to get the best players he can into the side. Powerful relationship are rarely straightforward.

It’s a very one sided relationship on the power front is it not?

He kind of seems OK sometimes and hasn’t done badly with the resources at his disposal, and we’d be fucked if he walked. The endless bullshit can’t be ignored though, nor can the weirdness of him being appointed at all. He’s made himself a hard man to trust.

It’s a very one sided relationship on the power front is it not?

He kind of seems OK sometimes and hasn’t done badly with the resources at his disposal, and we’d be fucked if he walked. The endless bullshit can’t be ignored though, nor can the weirdness of him being appointed at all. He’s made himself a hard man to trust.

The more he needs/wants the job the more impotent he is, so fairly one-sided aye. He does hold a few cards though, like us being fucked if he walked as you say. I didnt really mean in boardroom negotiations, i meant generally the manager's job at a premiership club holds a lot of power, i think you have to assume an ambitiousness in any man in this job. He knows that ambition is limited but less so here tbf than at West Ham, Reading, Soton for obvious reasons.

Sunday Sun reckon he is "furious" and "frustrated", and that he "demanded a board meeting" which led to Llambias putting that statement out on the official site. Won't speak in public till this Thursday's press conference.

I said this when he got the job. He would be positive and optimistic when he got the job [which he was], just like Hughton [which he was], then the frustration of having his hands tied would lead to what is happening now [which it is] just like it did with Hughton and led to his "parting of ways" [which it did] and will lead to the same with Pardew [which it will]

Honestly, so many things with respect to NUFC are so predictable, if people don't have their heads up their arse, and have been for the last 4 years, its just incredible.

Bollocks to be honest. He knew exactly what the crack was going to be when he signed up & If he didn't he soon found out come January.

Ditto.

He should come out of hiding and face the music.

true, but its like any new job, you accept it warts and all at the time. Its only later that the frustration with some things kicks in.

:icon_lol:

(which I am)

Haha , i was trying to tag it on LMs earlier post of "Honestly, so many things with respect to NUFC are so predictable, if people don't have their heads up their arse, and have been for the last 4 years, its just incredible."

[which i failed to do]