Kid Dynamite

Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by West Brom

What does Pardew Deserve?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Sack Pardew?

• Yes
    • No

The fixture computer according to some. Best performance by the computer since 1994

:lol:

There's some truth in that, of course. Great time to play Arsenal, for example. And Fulham and Villa are crap.

Edited by hostile_statue

First to admit I'm not his biggest fan but yes he's done well with the club in difficult circumstances. When he came in I was genuinely worried that he would undo all of Hughtons good work and we could slip dangerously down the table.

I agree with the 100% bollocks too, he is full of shit at times but again whether that's him deliberately lying to the fans or being mislead by the board it's hard to tell. The board hardly have any shred of Decency when it comes to the fans, so maybe it's the board to blame with the lack of spending/strikers! I was quite surprised that he came out and had that little dig at the board when no striker was signed but he'll be walking on thin ice if he continues with that.

Who could we realistically get instead of Pardew anyway? Not many (if any) proven premiership managers would take the Newcastle job as it currently is!

I think he's doing well so far this season, some of the football we played yesterday was excellent. If we are lucky with injuries and Ben Arfa can string a good run together I think we will surprise a few teams. No disrespect to Hughton but I think Pardew is a better coach

Can't see how he's done anymore than Hughton. If anything Hughton was even more reluctant to toe the party line so get the vote over AP from me

Can you give an example of Hughton's reluctance to toe the party line?

I think they had a clear view of how the budget was going to go down and they wanted a yes man on board for that and Pardew fit that bill. That's the 'holding together' aspect of it, because he will continue to toe the party line and create the conditions for unity far more so than a manager who could reasonably claim they'd been misled about the clubs plans. If he turns out to be a competent manager against that backdrop (and it presents management issues of itself, perhaps even the most challenging single issue), then in that respect it will have been a 'good' decision from the board.

They were certainly looking for a yes man but if that was their prime reason for appointing Pardew then it was a ridiculous one. We've already seen that Pardew has vented his frustration in public about the club's attempts to sign a striker this summer, I can't remember Hughton making such comments. Hughton was already doing a good job of holding the team together in the face of a lack of investment, though I have a feeling that he did so by creating a siege mentality against the board, something Ashley obviously wasn't happy with.

My point is that whether Pardew is a good football manager was a secondary consideration in his appointment and should it turn out that he actually does have the team playing good, winning football then that'll be a stroke of luck rather than a stroke of genius from the board.

Can't see how he's done anymore than Hughton. If anything Hughton was even more reluctant to toe the party line so get the vote over AP from me

He played hell when Carroll was sold and not replaced and was sacked soon after.

Pardew has had Barton, Enrique and Nolan flogged and has barely grumbled. Let's not pretend Pardew wasn't solely employed as a YES man just because Joey Barton said something nice about him.

Neither could hold a candle to Keegan or Robson either btw. Like either of those would have stood for MA changing the name of the ground, plastering huge signs everywhere or buying and selling players behind the managers backs.

He played hell when Carroll was sold and not replaced and was sacked soon after.

Pardew has had Barton, Enrique and Nolan flogged and has barely grumbled. Let's not pretend Pardew wasn't solely employed as a YES man just because Joey Barton said something nice about him.

Neither could hold a candle to Keegan or Robson either btw. Like either of those would have stood for MA changing the name of the ground, plastering huge signs everywhere or buying and selling players behind the managers backs.

Mental.

Or am I missing some outrageous sarcasm.

Edited by geordieshandy

The fixture computer according to some. Best performance by the computer since 1994

:lol:

There's some truth in that, of course. Great time to play Arsenal, for example. And Fulham and Villa are crap.

Four of the five we've played finished above us last season, historically we usually struggle at Villa and Fulham always give us a hard time at home, but obviously only in the more difficult fixture list years.

There are different tactic aspects between AP and CH. Arsenal, Fulham and villa away, CH would of played defensively 4-51? Pardew has gone out looking for the wins with positive formation

because Pardew is not only untrustworthy and underhand with his background and scandals to match, nevermind the trotting out of what he knows isn't going to be the case to keep his high profile job he'd never have got with his his friendship.

Houghton was honest and respectful just got on with it while Rapey was waiting in the wings whispering to dekka and fcb.

because Pardew is not only untrustworthy and underhand with his background and scandals to match, nevermind the trotting out of what he knows isn't going to be the case to keep his high profile job he'd never have got with his his friendship.

Houghton was honest and respectful just got on with it while Rapey was waiting in the wings whispering to dekka and fcb.

Rubbish. A job offer is a job offer, no matter who was there before. Things like that are said only because Hughton was dear to the fans

Someone has to take some credit for our start to the season.

It's a big factor tbh, although the Arsenal/Sunderland games could have been very different results wise.

So why Chez is Hughton revered by most fans whilst Pardew is merely tolerated?

You still need to give me an example.

I was gutted about Hughton but the hypocrisy of fans who once slagged him off as a puppet of the regime was quite striking.

Hughton toed the party line by refusing to answer questions put to him imo. I think that his diplomacy has been re-interpreted somewhat since he left.

What was originally a refusal to be drawn on questions relating to the administration of the club became a dignified refusal to drag the name of the club through the dirt (or something along this lines). The change in attitude driven 100% by results.

That happened to Robson, and he stood for it.

Rubbish. A job offer is a job offer, no matter who was there before. Things like that are said only because Hughton was dear to the fans

it's said because it was noted 4months before houghton got sacked that pardew had been lined up.

Mental.

Or am I missing some outrageous sarcasm.

Thats what I'm thinking....am I reading that right?.....Hughton kicked up fuck when Carroll was sold in January this year, even though Hughton had been sacked the previous November?..