Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I never really bigged Hughton up on here or elsewhere because I thought he was only decent doing a decent job under difficult conditions, I admired him as a person but imo he wasn't a long term solution at a club like Newcastle. Pardew is for me a good manager, doing an excellent job under a tight budget. For me he has got it wrong a couple of times and got away with it: Qpr and Wolves.

For me the fact that he's kept us unbeaten with a couple of iffy fullbacks in the side and one out of position says a lot about his ability to get the team to play one notch above its collective ability. I also think he IS pushing for transfer movement in Jan, he made some revealing comments with regard to the squad and possible issues when inj arrive, sounds ot me these were disclosure about the philosophy of our budgets and squad size that I believe is being debated behind the scenes.

Pardew for me is a clear step up from Hughton.

I agree with every word of that, and is why I also think that eventually, he will either be sacked for showing this impatience with the lack of ambition whether expressed or hinted at publicly or not [highly possible] just like Hughton was, or another club that will back him better ie someone like Wigan or Stoke, will recognise his ability and he will walk away.

I hope for his sake his South London blag is apprecialted by MA. It was one of the reasons he was brought in. Think he was still doing window stuff when he played for Palace iirc (or still had the business). Think he can take a lot of pressure. Used to drink in Croydon.

And comparing Hughton's career to Pardew's like that is nonsensical given how much longer Pardew has been a manager for over the years.

It's also factually incorrect as Pardew won the League One trophy with Reading and the Football League trophy with Southampton (also won a play-off final with West Ham).

Winning runners up competitions doesn't really count compared to winning the championship imo, and i'm not even going to touch winning division 2 or the ldv vans/painters trophy but anyway we'll compare why alan was the choice for the job.

But his history

Reading: Did well in division 2 got his name on the map fair enough.

Charlton: got them relegated, got sacked when in the bottom 3 of the championship.

West Ham: overseen the worst run of defeats in the clubs history, saved from relegation by the miracle/dodgy dealings of Tevez on the final day of the season.

Southampton: won the painters trophy (whoopdi do), didn't make the playoffs and was sacked after banging players wives and falling out/morale.

To us, just promoted, good morale with Hughton creating a well bonded team, 11th in the premiership after being promoted, just had good results...manager sacked to bring in the above the reasoning being "needing a manager with more experience"..... aye right-o

Pardew done a bit better than well with Reading. Didn't they break a few records under him in the Championship?

Excellent hour long session on Radio Newcastle tonight. Came across VERY well.

It's on iPlayer on their site I believe, worth a listen.

is he happy with making profits and not being backed to replace players he is forced to sell ?

As I said at the time his record suggests he's average. I'm enjoying our run but I'm not ready to kiss his arse yet. I don't trust the man either, there's just something about him. Maybe that wil change with time.

is he happy with making profits and not being backed to replace players he is forced to sell ?

He is happy with the fincancial structure, which he said "is geared towards competing and trying to win trophy's, it's not a model aimed at mediochrity" (I paraphase, but if you bothered to listen to it, you'd hear the same thing).

Why don't you listen to him yourself ??

Edited by Toonpack

He is happy with the fincancial structure, which he said "is geared towards competing and trying to win trophy's, it's not a model aimed at mediochrity" (I paraphase, but if you bothered to listen to it, you'd hear the same thing).

are you daft ? If he says anything else, he'll be sacked man :bag_on_head:

are you daft ? If he says anything else, he'll be sacked man :bag_on_head:

Have you listened to him yet ??

Don't have to listen to it, just read this.

.com

Magpies boss Alan Pardew took to the airwaves on Thursday evening to deliver his own personal mission statement - and answer a selection of questions that supporters had bombarded BBC Radio Newcastle with.

There were no great revelations, but given the way our season has gone, his mood was predictably upbeat.

The contributions of Graham Carr and John Carver were praised, with Pardew admitting that the chief scout was motivated by the questionable moves in the transfer market made by the club before his arrival.

The latter meanwhile was credited for briefing Pardew as to the prevailing mood of the town - his so-called "mole" being "One of the best signings I made for the football club"

Pardew answered questions on subjects including:

Nile Ranger: confirmation that his absence from the first team picture since the summer had been due to a revised disciplinary code for the team, that had seen his "sixth choice striker" demoted to the reserves.

A carefully-worded response about Ranger's future at the club appeared to leave the door open for a possible recall, but Pardew stressed that he himself hadn't given up on the player - whether that applies to the club is unclear.

Mike Williamson: still at least a month away from returning to action after his leg injury - which is around 2-3 weeks longer than had been originally forecast.

The vacant number 9 shirt: No specific mention of Sochaux's Modibo Maiga and a general discussion about the club's current strikers (including Leon Best being the most accomplished finisher) with mention of a striker signing in the next transfer window - or the one after.

Central defensive cover: An acknowledged weakness. There was a failed attempt to sign a centre half in the last transfer window but no confirmation of whether that was Birmingham City's Liam Ridgewell. A January target.

Ben Arfa: seen by AP only as a number 10, playing behind a central striker. No thought given to a wide midfield role.

Harper/Elliot: Harper still rated as number two behind Krul but acknowledgement that Elliot needs game time to improve - the suggestion was made that one of the two will go out on loan in order to play regularly. Pardew did admit that Elliot's senior debut away at Forest wasn't a reflection of his quality in training.

Penalty taker: No answer given as to the identity of our nominated spot kick man - or even if there is one.

Danny Simpson: "badly advised" when he mentioned a possible transfer in court during a recent failed attempt to avoid a driving ban but there is a contract offer for him.

Shane Ferguson: rated by Pardew as an emerging left back option over the next 12 months - no mention of him in a more advanced role.

Fabricio Coloccini: Guarded optimism over an extended deal for the club captain but an admission that talks were complicated by the fact his agent was Argentina-based. There was also an admission that an approach from a "big club" would be very difficult for Colo or NUFC to dismiss.

Ambitions: "If you are asking me what do I want in the next two years, I would like us to win a trophy. That's something that needs to be ticked here.

"If I can do it, it will be absolutely magnificent with the team; if I can't, we want to get as close as we can, to be competitive in the Premier League and keep pushing for a cup, because they are not easy to win."

Most of what was said over and above that was the expected stuff about a good squad, tough selection choices (messrs Gosling, Marveaux and Guthrie all unlucky to not have had pitch time) and the importance of the home crowd's vocal support - and attendance at SJP.

Pardew concluded by saying that:

"I want the fans to know that we do understand how important it is to them. I do understand what they want to see on the pitch and that we're trying to deliver it.

"We ain't gonna do it every week, we ain't gonna get it right - I'm going to make some bad calls at some point in the season: I'm going to put a substitute on and he's going to cost us the game. I have to live with that - that's what I do.

"But we are desperately trying to bring success here under the financial plan that we have - and I think we can and that's the important point. It's not a fiscal plan for non-success, for mediocrity. It's not.

"It's to try and win a trophy, to try and be competitive, to try and keep our best players once we've got ourselves in a good financial position and that's where we are.

"I'm really happy with my staff and how it's going and I really hope that everybody turns up against Wigan and helps us create a great atmosphere in the stadium - and put some fear into Wigan before they kick a ball."

The programme will be on the BBC iplayer later for you to listen to and we'll link to it when it becomes available.

"I'm really happy with my staff and how it's going and I really hope that everybody turns up against Wigan"

:lol:

He should have given the website address for tickets too.

Agreed though. Convinced a New Zealander at work to take his son who he's got visiting for the weekend.

Done my bit.

"I'm really happy with my staff and how it's going and I really hope that everybody turns up against Wigan"

Agreed though. Convinced a New Zealander at work to take his son who he's got visiting for the weekend.

Done my bit.

Told them it was like rugby but with a different ball right?

(including Leon Best being the most accomplished finisher)

:jesuswept:

Fabricio Coloccini: Guarded optimism over an extended deal for the club captain but an admission that talks were complicated by the fact his agent was Argentina-based. There was also an admission that an approach from a "big club" would be very difficult for Colo or NUFC to dismiss.

:help:

I like the fact that he keeps talking about winning a throphy, though. That's something that's badly needed at this club and I think one trophy may open the floodgates.

Done my bit.

Told them it was like rugby but with a different ball right?

..and Captain Colo looks like a sheep.

I don't mind him talking up Best. Trap having a pop at him, despite never going to watch him play was a bit shitty. He's clearly not a very good finisher(at least not as good as Ba), so probably his way of giving him a confidence boost.

I don't mind him talking up Best. Trap having a pop at him, despite never going to watch him play was a bit shitty. He's clearly not a very good finisher(at least not as good as Ba), so probably his way of giving him a confidence boost.

Talk him up before you drop him, maybe. I reckon he'll give HBA a good run against Wigan.

I hope that's what it is and not what he actually thinks...

Everton – the only side to beat Newcastle at home this year – and then daunting trips to Manchester City, champions Manchester United and then Chelsea back at St James’ Park.

Guest CabayeAye

Really not happy with his continuing sitting of Marv, Santon and Ben Arfa on the bench. It nearly cost us against Wolves and Spurs, it'd better not cost us today...

• 2 weeks later...

Was thinking about it and I think (at home) a 4-3-1-2 (with HBA as the 1) might work nicely. Especially with the graft you'd get from Jonas, Cabaye and Tiote in midfield (assuming the latter is fit).