Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It would be interesting to see who Ashley went for, and who he could attract, in a proper managerial hunt..

The last time he had plenty of time and opportunity to replace an unpopular manager, without being in a real struggle, was when he brought in Keegan.

There's plenty managers out there who would come to us, I've no doubt about that, but Ashley doesnt want that, he wants someone to spite the fans, to lick his arse and do the minimum possible to get money out the club into his pocket.

I don't believe it's personal with Ashley, he just doesn't care what we think.

Apathy is higher than I've ever seen it. There will be no shitstorm

As someone who was there as part of 10,004 against Oxford in 1991, a game where no one cared, I think this is bollocks. We had 48,000 paying good money for the last game.

On the basis that he appointed Joe Kinnear as dof, it wouldn't surprise me if he brought back big Ron Atkinson.

I'm far from convinced Big Ron would be worse than Pardew at this stage.

For all the hysteria about Kinnear, I do doubt he would appoint someone of that ilk again. For all I don't really think he gives much of a flying fuck about the club, I don't think he'd intenionally employ incompetence.

What explains the appointment then? Just sheer ignorance on Ashley's part? He could easily appoint someone as bad or worse.

and what self respecting manager of any quality would want to work for the cunt anyway?

I do think he gets a kick out of pissing us off.

Definitely does. Renaming Shearer's for example, I can't think of any reason to do it other than being on the wind-up. Do people still get in there? I've only been in once and the pint was rank so never went again, but if I was a regular I wouldn't be after that stunt.

What explains the appointment then? Just sheer ignorance on Ashley's part? He could easily appoint someone as bad or worse.

and what self respecting manager of any quality would want to work for the cunt anyway?

In terms of Kinnear as a manager I think it was something like panic on his part, thinking he needed someone quickly when Keegan left and Kinnear was obviously someone he knew and trusted at the time.

I don't think we'd be in the same position (ie we're safe from relegation which is really his only concern) so he'd have more time to make a considered choice. The bloke clearly isn't a moron or he wouldn't have achieved what he has with Sports Direct but he doesn't know a lot about football. There's clearly still a risk but I just doubt it would be a complete clusterfuck.

As for who would come, well clearly we couldn't attract a top manager but I'm sure there's plenty of good coaches who get more from the players than Pardew who would jump at the chance to manage a premiership team that gets the third highest attendances in the country even if it does mean working for him.

I do think he gets a kick out of pissing us off.

I don't think he does thing to piss us off. I just think that he finds it amusing when the things he does piss us off...

Renaming shearers was more about his personal relationship with the bloke than with the fans. Don't know anyone who gave a flying fuck among supporters.

I did. Looking at the bigger picture, shitting on a club hero of recent times mightn't be that important but it probably bothered more fans than it did Shearer. I'm sure takings must be down in there since he did it as well.