Thank You Chris Hughton

Monkeys Fist

Thought this deserved a separate thread.

Thank you Chris

Thank you for exceeding all expectations in our promotion season in the CCC

Thank you giving us, the supporters, reason to be proud again

Thank you for your dignity

Thank you for 6-0, 5-1, 4-3.

Sadly, everything you were building has been swept away by idiots.

Thank you Chris

yes.

He deserves respect for getting his head down, getting on with the job and keeping his dignity.

All the best to him and hope he doesn't come back and bite us on the arse.

Thank you for being a gentleman,

Thanks you for being the one man who kept focussed when all about you were losing their heads,

Thank you for reviving some players and removing others.

I hope you're given the contract and respect that you deserve.

Thank you for being a gentleman,

Thanks you for being the one man who kept focussed when all about you were losing their heads,

Thank you for reviving some players and removing others.

I hope you're given the contract and respect that you deserve.

This.

Thought this deserved a separate thread.

Thank you Chris

Thank you for exceeding all expectations in our promotion season in the CCC

Thank you giving us, the supporters, reason to be proud again

Thank you for your dignity

Thank you for 6-0, 5-1, 4-3.

Sadly, everything you were building has been swept away by idiots.

Thank you Chris

:lol:

Possibly getting carried away but I actually thought he could've been a great manager for us given time and some backing. He just had something about him which clicked with the fans and the club.

Considering the mess he took over, the men he had to work for and the doom and gloom surrounding the club, he can count on my thanks. Played the media brilliantly too, gave them fuck all to work with without being a cunt about it. That derby day demolition will be talked about long after Chris has gone to meet his maker, he'll be welcome in any Mags company, cheers, Chris.

Edited by Howmanheyman

Possibly getting carried away but I actually thought he could've been a great manager for us given time and some backing. He just had something about him which clicked with the fans and the club.

No doubts he'll get another good job in time.

Thanks for getting me to enjoy matches again Chris. Under your stewardship I really got back to wanting us to win - desperately - and the best part was it always seemed a possibility even when we were two down. I expect now I shall become completely apathetic again as the club slips into oblivion.

Bang on, he made some funny decisions at times but I put that down to it just being the beginning of his managerial career he done a job with us that was nothing short of amazing turned a joke of a club round into a well run unit on a shoe string and didn't moan once. I for one am devastated for the man one of the very few good guys in football and he's been done over by one of the biggest cunts in the game, anytime we seem to be heading down the right path Ashley smashes it all to pieces. Gutted tbh.

I echo the sentiments expressed on here too.

Don't normally go too overboard with my reactions about Nufc (I am 51 FFS!) but have just sent a letter of thanks to Chris via the League Managers Association which I hope he will receive.

Thanks for all your hard work, integrity and honesty Chris.

Thanks for your dignity, the quiet, fuss-free way you went about your work, the promotion season (unbeaten at home). Most of thanks for helping steady the ship when we quite easily could've sank. You didn't deserve the shabby treatment you've received after all that, shame you were working for such a classless idiot.

Interesting post from NO

This is obviously not a football decision, these people know nothing about football. Reckon this is just about the concept described in their pre-season statement. My hunch is Ashley feels Hughton is too close to senior players who long term he wants to get off the books – Nolan, Barton, Colo etc. and replace with younger, cheaper players. Also he would have been mightily miffed that Hughton wanted an outside appointment as assistant and let everyone know. My guess is he would have wanted Beardsley, who has been very supportive of the regime, in that role to eventually take over in future – again fitting the “concept”. This again shows a complete lack of football knowledge regarding the nature of the manager/assistant relationship.

Pardew is ambitious and desperate enough to agree to all this. He fits the bill. And I wonder if that’s why his previous assistant Wally Downes has just taken the job at West ham. He can also be passed off as “experienced” by Ashley and Lambias.

Having said that, the players have done Chris no favors with some of their recent performances, they’ve given the board the excuse they’ve been waiting for.

Thank you for giving us promotion and a fighting chance of staying up, Chris. We'd have had neither without you. True gent. Whoever you go on to manage you'll always be welcomed when you bring them to SJP (and that applies however much you quite rightly choose to slag the club in the days/years to come. Absolute and utter disgrace.

Interesting post from NO

This is obviously not a football decision, these people know nothing about football. Reckon this is just about the concept described in their pre-season statement. My hunch is Ashley feels Hughton is too close to senior players who long term he wants to get off the books – Nolan, Barton, Colo etc. and replace with younger, cheaper players. Also he would have been mightily miffed that Hughton wanted an outside appointment as assistant and let everyone know. My guess is he would have wanted Beardsley, who has been very supportive of the regime, in that role to eventually take over in future – again fitting the “concept”. This again shows a complete lack of football knowledge regarding the nature of the manager/assistant relationship.

Pardew is ambitious and desperate enough to agree to all this. He fits the bill. And I wonder if that’s why his previous assistant Wally Downes has just taken the job at West ham. He can also be passed off as “experienced” by Ashley and Lambias.

Having said that, the players have done Chris no favors with some of their recent performances, they’ve given the board the excuse they’ve been waiting for.

ah.

Sense.

The accountants will be happy.

Could also be part of an impending sale......