The Twitter Thread

peasepud

Colin is a harmless follow tbf.

I've just unfollowed nufcfans, decent in the season when I wasn't at a match as they gave regular updates. Pre season has meant daily rubbish and a false sense of importance.

Twitter for me is a news and football feed so I just try and keep it to reputable journalists, supplemented by a few more lighthearted ones. I added someone called TransferNewsCen after a FF, they've got 40k followers for simply copy and pasting news stories. Again there's this false authority feeling going around, it's just some spotty teenager without much of a social life who has dedicated his life to hourly tweets copying news of teamtalk!

“@FootballFunnys: Lionel Messi turns 25 today. He's scored 281 goals, 70 caps for Argentina, won 21 trophies, 77 individual awards & holds 19 world records.”

emm its on my signature isnt it?

down there somewhere ;)

Added

Still looking for any ex-NUFC players I don't have. List so far includes.....

Aaron Hughes ‏ @AaronHughes18

Andrew Cole ‏ @vancole9

bradley h friedel ‏ @friedel_b

Charles N'Zogbia ‏ @CharlesNzo

Darren Huckerby ‏ @hucks6dh6

David Ginola ‏ @DavidGinolaCeze

Diego Gavilán ‏ @thepamper1

Jermaine Jenas ‏ @jjenas8

Joseph Barton ‏ @Joey7Barton

Keith Gillespie ‏ @KeithGillespie7

Kenneth Dalglish ‏ @kennethdalglish

Laurent Robert ‏ @LRobertOfficial

Les Ferdinand ‏ @BigLesFerdinand

Michael Chopra ‏ @MichaelChopra10

michael owen ‏ @themichaelowen

mick quinn ‏ @mickquinn1089

Nolberto Solano ‏ @NolbertoSolano

Ole Söderberg ‏ @Oliinho

olivier bernard ‏ @seedorf77

Paul Dalglish ‏ @pauldalglish

Peter Lovenkrands ‏ @lovenkrands11

Peter Ramage ‏ @peterramage83

robbie elliott ‏ @robbieelliott3

Ruud Gullit ‏ @GullitR

Shaka Hislop ‏ @ShakaHislop

Shay Given ‏ @No1shaygiven

Sol Campbell ‏ @OfficialSol03

Stephen Ireland ‏ @StephenIreland

Steve Watson ‏ @wattoon

titus bramble ‏ @19tmb

Warren Barton ‏ @warrenbarton2

Wayne Routledge ‏ @WayneRoutledge

https://twitter.com/#!/bigchrisholt/nufc-past/members

Added

Kevin Gallacher ‏ @kevingallacher8

Patrick van aanholt ‏ @PvanAanholt_

Paul Bracewell ‏ @PaulBracewell4

John Barnes ‏ @officialbarnesy

Sebastien bassong ‏ @BassongOfficiel

Haven't we got some of that gang of flids on the forum twitter feed. I know it's a Newcastle forum but their craic's worse than Jedward's. That goes for most footballers.

We'd be better off getting a feed of decent comedians or journalists or something.

Most footballers on Twitter come across as cocks, but having looked at the list or released young guns again I note 5 out of 7 of those names are the ones all over twitter with their NUFC pictures as a profile pic, going on like they're top internationals.

Wonder if it's an attitude thing.

I still think Twitter is basically shite mind, most of them don't answer you and are just on it for an ego trip.

Smith is who I was thinking of, and I had forgot about Kadar, another supposedly promising youngster from the brand spanking new revolutionary scouting system that would yield us the new superkids when he signed :lol:

Thats 4 down and in 4 competitions though.

Edited by LeazesMag

I still think Twitter is basically shite mind, most of them don't answer you and are just on it for an ego trip.

It'll be rare that a footballer will pick your question from the thousands they get and choose to give you an answer. You can get into some conversations with first teamers. Stevie had a good talk with Danny 'United' Simpson which stands out as a highlight that I recall.

You can't just join and start asking them questions expecting an answer though. You need to generate yourself some followers. Only your followers will see your tweets. You do that by following people, tweeting at them and also tagging your thoughts "#NUFC", "#ENGLAND" "#euro2012" for example. People that like the cut of your jib when they read the feed for those topics will follow you.

Then when you tweet at Sol Campbell that he's a twat, all your followers will retweet it...and it's much more likely to get a response from the attention hungry bell whiff.

Personally I don't care about getting into chats with famous people though. I follow them as a direct news feed rather than in the hope of reciprocation. If I tweet at sonmeone famous, like Michael Owen, it's more for the followers I have to see, like being in the pub and slagging off Michael Owen.

On Twitter you get back what you put in, if you're funny, interesting, frequent and you follow others, retweet and interact (with people likely to interact back, toontasticers for example) then you'll soon build a following and be hooked.

It'll be rare that a footballer will pick your question from the thousands they get and choose to give you an answer. You can get into some conversations with first teamers. Stevie had a good talk with Danny 'United' Simpson which stands out as a highlight that I recall.

You can't just join and start asking them questions expecting an answer though. You need to generate yourself some followers. Only your followers will see your tweets. You do that by following people, tweeting at them and also tagging your thoughts "#NUFC", "#ENGLAND" "#euro2012" for example. People that like the cut of your jib when they read the feed for those topics will follow you.

Then when you tweet at Sol Campbell that he's a twat, all your followers will retweet it...and it's much more likely to get a response from the attention hungry bell whiff.

Personally I don't care about getting into chats with famous people though. I follow them as a direct news feed rather than in the hope of reciprocation. If I tweet at sonmeone famous, like Michael Owen, it's more for the followers I have to see, like being in the pub and slagging off Michael Owen.

On Twitter you get back what you put in, if you're funny, interesting, frequent and you follow others, retweet and interact (with people likely to interact back, toontasticers for example) then you'll soon build a following and be hooked.

not just footballers, other people too - although not many - they don't seem to answer many people. Mind, someone like Stan fuckin Collymore [for example] - you've got to be careful what you say to a cunt like him

Haven't we got some of that gang of flids on the forum twitter feed. I know it's a Newcastle forum but their craic's worse than Jedward's. That goes for most footballers.

We'd be better off getting a feed of decent comedians or journalists or something.

Or a feed of people off here, journalists, and first team players.

not just footballers, other people too - although not many - they don't seem to answer many people. Mind, someone like Stan fuckin Collymore [for example] - you've got to be careful what you say to a cunt like him

Yeah I find I need to be really careful not to just accidentally racially abuse people. Constantly walking on egg shells.

Raised it a bit back. It's like Why Don't You.

Get Gullit and his fuckin "good mornings" and "here's me with Sam Torrence" off there too ffs.

Nobody gives a fuck that some youth team kid is "going to the gym" . Shit in ma mooth.

Or a feed of people off here, journalists, and first team players.

Dunno what the front page feed on here is following exactly, but i've just split my NUFC players list into youth and first team:-

NUFC Past players - 37 members -

NUFC first Team - 16 members -

NUFC Youth - 11 members -

Football - 161 members -

Toontastic - 34 members -

The football one contains all the NUFC ones plus other pros, ex pros, journos and news feeds.